The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

it is absolutely heartbreaking what is happening to the people in Palestine. Its hard to get your head around genocide happening before our eyes in this day and age.
But, the hard facts are, the Jewish people run Wall St, which controls the US government. Its so sad to think that this may continue until Palestine is wiped out and there is feck all we can do. The world can be a fcuked up place

seafoid

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 22, 2014, 09:06:45 PM
Quote from: rossiewanderer on July 22, 2014, 08:47:45 PM
I have to laugh when my opinion that differs from anything other than Pro Palestinian provokes posters to accuse me of quoting fox news!? or being a plant sent by the Israeli state! or worse still cheering the slaughter! What a collection of cretins.

If Hamas were not still firing rockets into Israel  hundreds of children woman and civilians would be alive.That is the cold hard fact of the matter.

The tragedy that is unfolding is horrific and the military response from Israel is indeed completely over the top, and is basically indiscriminate killing which is what war is.I find it apalling, but it is provoked no less.

By the way the slaughter of war continues worldwide in DRC,CAR,Chad not to mention the Muslim militias in Sudan,Syria,Iraq and to a lesser extent Nigeria.But I guess Israel are not involved there so its not worth getting on the streets or in picket lines for.

By that rationale, the British army were justified in murdering innocent civilians on Bloody Sunday
Wrong. It was not the British army who killed them by that logic. It was the IRA. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Most foreign airlines have stopped flying to Israel over missile fears

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.606534

That will do wonders for the Israeli economy.

Itchy

I see we have a new leader in thickest person in Roscommon competition. Well done Rossie, but beware, you have pissed me off so much I am going to blow up your house. If your family are in it at the time tough luck. You have no one to blame but yourself.

rossiewanderer

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 22, 2014, 08:51:53 PM
There only one cretin on here Rossie, and you get the A*
Before hamas ever came about Israel was attacking Palestine on a regular basis, that's how all the palestines ended upon voting them in ,in the first place.
So your bullshit argument that's it all started over firing rockets is a crock of Shiite. Israel only came about through their terrorist campain against the British in palestine.
The UN awarded the Israelis 55% of the country even though the owned 7% at the time,and then have been levelling homes an occupying Palestine held land for Israelis past 15/20yrs, so take a guess why rockets are been fired at them you clown!

Surely though if they stopped firing rockets many children woman and civilians in Gaza would still be alive??

Itchy

Rossiewanderer, your argument us so incredibly stupid I'm wondering are you a troll. Let me reverse this. Do you think it is reasonable for IDF to retaliate to aggression from Hamas by targeting civilian areas for shelling (illegal in international law), target hospitals and schools with the net result that 80% of victims are civilian. Is that reasonable? You should be ashamed of yourself.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on July 22, 2014, 10:43:04 PM
Rossiewanderer, your argument us so incredibly stupid I'm wondering are you a troll. Let me reverse this. Do you think it is reasonable for IDF to retaliate to aggression from Hamas by targeting civilian areas for shelling (illegal in international law), target hospitals and schools with the net result that 80% of victims are civilian. Is that reasonable? You should be ashamed of yourself.
It has to be a spoof.

rossiewanderer

IT is unquestionably unreasonable,In fact it is tantamount to a war crime.But could Hamas have averted the slaughter of innocents?Unquestionably YES.
I am no supporter of Israel.

I abhor violence and civilian slaughter due to war throughout the world as Iam sure you do.
Dialogue not bloodshed,This is the only way to prevent the roundabout cycle of death.

Farrandeelin

Did Hamas not call a 'ceasefire' in 2012 only for the Israelis to ignore??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 22, 2014, 07:43:35 PM
What bullshit excuse did they give for shelling the hosital, some imaginary rocket launcher spotted in the operating theatre??
years ago when the suicide bombings were going on i sympathise with Israel as this was open slaughter of women and children - civilians)
but for many years now i have seen the unjustice openly handed out to palestine , and Israeli total disregard for the killing of women and children,
they could not survive dishing out the violence and slaughter without America backing, its laughable at their outrage to the going on in the Ukraine (which we all condemn)
but the same slaughter in another part of the world by one of their buddies, there not even the same condemnation,and on war terms soldiers made a choice on war to fight and die for their country, innocent woman and children do not have a choice. they have turned into the very thing they have despised and are becoming more like the Nazis who original quest for slaughter was living space for it people and that was Hitler pretense for war

Maybe but it makes no difference. The US media are backing the Israeli onslaught and backing the Israeli PM claim that the genocide is self inflicted. I wouldn t be surprised if a captured Hamas leader was put on trial for war crimes. Zero % that could happen an Israeli. Wont be even a rap accross the knuckles not a cross word about Netanyahu from any serious western leader. A hawk on Fox earlier described Israel as their 'only friend' in a hostile region and criticised Obama for being soft on Muslims and giving Palestinians financial aid in his first term. These creatures who form public opinion in US clearly don t lose sleep over dead kids. If the lot of Palestinians are wiped out they will have brought it on themselves is the spin.
Ban Ki Moons appearance in Tel Aviv was an embarrassment for anybody that thinks that the UN can do anything for the little man. Netanyahu was setting the agenda, was bullish and confident that nobody would dare challenge him . Moon s appeasing rhetoric offered little hope to the Palestian people - and there is no hope.

Israel has  free trade agreements with the European Union, the United States, Turkey, Mexico, Canada, Jordan, Egypt, and  with the Mercosur trade bloc. Nobody - not even the Muslim nations have even threatened even to impose economic sanctions on Israel. Israel have a free hand to deal with the problem as they see fit. The West is happy to accept their most risible justification for land grabbing - which is what Isreal essentially is - an exercise in land grabbing as blatant as any and then resorting to superior firepower to hold on to it. The US has a history of land grabbing itself and also of targeting civilians so Gaza is small beer for them.

Anyway the baddest wolf on the lot now for the West is Putin. That s the newsworthy heavyweight division. Those that matter don t care about Gaza.

moysider

It doesn t matter what Rossiewander thinks Itchy. And it doesn t matter what I think either.

But the US media and the US president don t seem to see anything unreasonable there. Neither do the British, Irish, French, German, Italian. And they do count. Israel are obviously being given carte blanche to deal with this as they see fit. I suspect they would wipe out gaza with nukes if they could without contaminating themselves. If they did use nukes at least they would know they would remain immune from criticism from the west.

Now that flights into Israel have been cancelled, expect a step up in intensity of the Gaza gig to get the job done and get the show back on the road.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on July 22, 2014, 11:35:27 PM

It doesn t matter what Rossiewander thinks Itchy. And it doesn t matter what I think either.

But the US media and the US president don t seem to see anything unreasonable there. Neither do the British, Irish, French, German, Italian. And they do count. Israel are obviously being given carte blanche to deal with this as they see fit. I suspect they would wipe out gaza with nukes if they could without contaminating themselves. If they did use nukes at least they would know they would remain immune from criticism from the west.

Now that flights into Israel have been cancelled, expect a step up in intensity of the Gaza gig to get the job done and get the show back on the road.

Moysider

I wonder if the FAA decision on flights from the States isn't a warning from Obama to Israel to cop on .
Israel is now reported to be looking for a dignified exit from the mess it chose to start.

seafoid

Interestingly there is no sign of MikeSheehy. He only works one on one.

seafoid

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-m-walt/aipac-americas-israel-policy_b_5607883.html

And why did Netanyahu decide to go on another rampage in Gaza? As Nathan Thrall of the International Crisis Group points out, the real motive is neither vengeance nor a desire to protect Israel from Hamas' rocket fire, which has been virtually non-existent over the past two years and is largely ineffectual anyway. Netanyahu's real purpose was to undermine the recent agreement between Hamas and Fatah for a unity government. Given Netanyahu's personal commitment to keeping the West Bank and creating a "greater Israel," the last thing he wants is a unified Palestinian leadership that might press him to get serious about a two-state solution. Ergo, he sought to isolate and severely damage Hamas and drive a new wedge between the two Palestinian factions.

Not content with having ethnically cleansed hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in 1948 and 1967 and not satisfied with owning eighty-two percent of Mandatory Palestine, every Israeli government since 1967 has built or expanded settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem while providing generous subsidies to the 600,000-plus Jews who have moved there in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention. Two weeks ago, Netanyahu confirmed what many have long suspected: he is dead set against a two-state solution and will never--repeat never--allow it to happen while he is in office. Given that Netanyahu is probably the most moderate member of his own Cabinet and that Israel's political system is marching steadily rightward, the two-state solution is a gone goose.

Meanwhile, U.S. politicians and policymakers continue to back a brutal military campaign whose primary purpose is not to defend Israel but rather to protect its longstanding effort to colonize the West Bank. Amazingly, they continue to support Israel unreservedly even though every U.S. president since Lyndon Johnson has opposed Israel's settlements project, and the past three American presidents--Clinton, Bush and Obama--have all worked hard for the two-state solution that Israeli policy has now made impossible.

Similarly, every member of the House and Senate--including progressives like Senator Elizabeth Warren--knows that voting for those supposedly "pro-Israel" resolutions is the smart political move. They understand that even the slightest display of independent thinking on these issues could leave them vulnerable to a well-funded opponent the next time they're up for re-election. At a minimum, they'll have to answer a flood of angry phone calls and letters, and, on top of that, they are likely to be blackballed by some of their Congressional colleagues. The safer course is to mouth the same tired litanies about alleged "shared values" between Israel and the U.S. and wait till the crisis dies down. And people wonder why no one respects Congress anymore.

This situation is a tragedy for all concerned, not least for Israel itself. A Greater Israel cannot be anything but an apartheid state, and exclusionary ethnic nationalism of this sort is not sustainable in the 21st century. Israel's Arab subjects will eventually demand equal rights, and as former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert warned back in 2007, once that happens, "the state of Israel is finished."

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2014, 09:17:41 AM
Interestingly there is no sign of MikeSheehy. He only works one on one.

I only work one on one with anti-semites.