Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outinfront

Wildweasel74

Maghera by 10, 1.20 to 1.10 at the finish i think

outinfront

Captain Obvious

How many Maghera players will be on the Derry minor team this summer?

Wildweasel74

i had hear roughly 10 starters and 4/5 subs on the panel i believe

Aerlik

;D ;D ;D ;D

Just been on to the nephew on Skype who was watching the game and giving me an update.  Absolutely delighted for Maghera, especially in this, the school's 50th. anniversary. 

National Champions....

Can't get better than that.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

orangeman

Maghera by far the better team.

Cookstown could so nearly have made it an Ulster double.

OakLeaf

Great performance from Maghera. Very strong all over the field.

Jimmy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2013, 04:58:06 PM
How many Maghera players will be on the Derry minor team this summer?

From what I know numbers 1 2 3 4 5 7 12 13 14 and 15 are all minor this year as well as a number of the subs.

yellowcard

Great performance by Maghera, saved their best till the AI final. The kick passing and score taking was top drawer and it was a great all round team performance though Tallon's goal was the decisive one effectively finishing the game as a contest. I'd say today was the day that Maghera finally stepped out of the shadow of Adrian McGuckin who practically built it into the football academy it is today. Has anyone actually checked Conor Glass birth certificate, hard to believe that lad is 15.

Only seen the 2nd half of the curtain raiser but it looked like Cookstown left themselves too much to do.

Does anyone know the craic about Maghera playing Cookstown in a memorial game for Eamon Coleman? Seems a bit pointless, there is a fairly distinct difference in the standard of football though I suspect it will be treated as more of an exhibition match.

Any craic

Heres a video report from yesterday's All Ireland Final in Navan, Dungarvan v St Mary's Belfast - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaRXlaSGInY

Rawhide

No report from the Hogan game at the weekend 'any craic'

Seriously good performance from St Pats at the weekend. Top football from a very good group of footballers. There start was important, with some great scores, but Navan came back at Maghera after half time with a goal to take their lead down to 3 pts, St Pats hit two points and Navan responded with 2 pts of their own to take back to a 3 point game again, and at this stage they pushed hard, but Maghera then hit a gl and point within three minutes to put 7 in it, game over.

This performance has been coming. In the semi final of the MacRory against Colemens they had a 4 point lead over the two games 3 times but did not push on because St Pats were not playing as a true team at that stage, some players took a while to learn how important it is not to be individuals. You could see that aspect of their play developing in the Hogan semi final, with them eventually getting it right on the biggest stage for them. Congratulations St Patricks Maghera, Hogan Champions 2013 for the fifth time.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Any craic

Sure it was Live on TG4 Rawhide, you don't need me!

Count 10

Congrats to Maghera, hats off to all involved.

Any craic

See St Killian's Garron Tower winning goal by Fergus McCambridge vs St Pat's Maghera in this afternoon's Danske Bank Forester's Cup Final in Ballymena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_Hlie8EpY