Lest We Forget

Started by Olly, October 11, 2012, 09:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

This week I shed a tear at the demise of BBC2 on analogue TV, or as I call it, TV. To be honest, I bawled tears when I turned over and it was gone. All I could think of were the great moments of Red Dwarf, Twin Peaks, Dear John and the times the continuity man ballsed it up.

Then I got thinking of Puff Candys. They're gone too.

Has anything else completely disappeared in recent years (20 years), and never will return? The Topper?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggysego

Red Dwarf has reappeared on Dave - new episodes.
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

Puckoon

When I was a young'un there used to be a western most Tuesday evenings on BBC2 around 7pm and used to enjoy a cowboy supper (baked beans and sausages) with the auld fella and watch it regularly.

It was either BBC2 or Channel 4, but almost certain it was BBC 2

dillinger

The sweeties called Spankles.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

stew

Banjo's.......................... best bikkie ever.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

When I was young lad I would only watch RTE 1 & RTE 2/Network 2, BBC NI & UTV bored me silly.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

The High Chaparral.

Bonanza?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Puckoon

I don't think it was a series, and I am a little young for those, although that said I was 5-8 at the time of this memory. I think they went through a period of showing a different western movie.

On a somewhat related note that's how I learned that John Wayne was called Marrian and he'd died of cancer. I remember asking my dad if I could go on Jim'll fix it and meet John Wayne after one particularly heroic movie performance.

The notions of a child are funny things.

AQMP

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 11, 2012, 11:38:31 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on October 11, 2012, 10:47:19 PM
When I was a young'un there used to be a western most Tuesday evenings on BBC2 around 7pm and used to enjoy a cowboy supper (baked beans and sausages) with the auld fella and watch it regularly.

You are probably too young to remember the cowboy show on BBC2 called Alias Smith and Jones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alias_Smith_and_Jones

"Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry, the two most successful outlaws in the history of the West.  Yet in all the trains and banks they robbed, they never shot anyone..."

Canalman

Quote from: AQMP on October 12, 2012, 09:07:49 AM

You are probably too young to remember the cowboy show on BBC2 called Alias Smith and Jones.

"Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry, the two most successful outlaws in the history of the West.  Yet in all the trains and banks they robbed, they never shot anyone..."
Quote from: AQMP on October 12, 2012, 09:07:49 AM

Without googling it I think Ben Murphy was in it........... who unless my memory hasn't ceased functioning was also The Man from Atlantis.

Have to say as a kid I love The High Chapparal.

Maybe it is me but they don't make the themes for the opening  tv intros like they used to.

CitySlicker11

Quote from: Puckoon on October 12, 2012, 01:29:59 AM
On a somewhat related note that's how I learned that John Wayne was called Marrian and he'd died of cancer. I remember asking my dad if I could go on Jim'll fix it and meet John Wayne after one particularly heroic movie performance.

The notions of a child are funny things.

I bet you are glad now that you did not!

dillinger

Randall and Hopkirk (deceased).

Not that shite from Viv and Bob, the one from 1969.

I have the theme tune as my ring tone.

Bet you guys of a certain age i.e. old like me, would love to have it. ;)