Ulster U21 Championship 2013

Started by cavanlad, October 11, 2012, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Cavan may be favourites, but still good to see our boys getting back to an Ulster final

Westside

Cavan people do indeed think highly of this team. They look possibly stronger than any of the last 3 sides we've had. No visible weaknesses in the side, all good footballers, hard working, determined and confident. This has the makings of a very good Ulster Final. Donegal have a good side too and McBrearty and the McHughs will be a step up from anything we've faced so far. Hopefully it's in Brewster, both counties will bring a big support. 

Jinxy

In fairness to Cavan folk, they always come out and support their teams.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 03, 2013, 09:26:35 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on April 03, 2013, 09:22:52 PM
Not long in from work so couldn't get to game but driving near Athletic Grounds there are some amount of Cavan cars. The supporters must think highly of this team!

They have had a brilliant support for the last 3/4 yrs at u21. Success brings support, Gutted I couldn't get to Armagh tonight, will be at the final no question. Some revenge would be nice against Donegal

Have to say Cavan have world class supporters, incredible support at the AISF and not a bad word spoken after they lost. Plenty wished us well well in the final on the way out too. Hard not to like the Breffini boys.

rodney trotter

I'd say Enniskillan is the obvious choice for the final, 10th of April is the date of the final. Michael Argue was suppose to have had a very good game, fair play to him, he wasn't at the races against Monaghan.

cadence

great to see our lads getting a head of steam up. fair play to them.

Westside

Great for Argue indeed after Peter stuck with him. The entire defence was brilliant according to Fitzpatrick's blog. Enda O'Reilly is probably classier than any forward we've had at this level. Absolutely deadly from placed balls. Putting the shackles on McBrearty will be tough. Donegal seem similar to their last winning U21 outfit. One of the top young forwards in the game leading a tough side.

Aaron Boone

rodney trotter

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 03, 2013, 10:20:37 PM
I disagree about Argue.

Were you at the game, I was going by what they said on the Radio

ONeill

Surely something must come from this run Cavan are having at U21. I think they've been lingering steadfast in the division three wilderness since 2008 at least.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Itchy

Quote from: ONeill on April 03, 2013, 10:44:37 PM
Surely something must come from this run Cavan are having at U21. I think they've been lingering steadfast in the division three wilderness since 2008 at least.
We hope so but remember we are asking these lads from the last 4 years to become the spine of our team. There are no top level players waiting in the senior panel to bring them on. Its the opposite actually. So it will take time. This team is exciting and was very impressive in wiping out Down tonight. Well done to the boys.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on April 03, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

We are showing signs of improvement at senior level so hopefully the continuation of talent coming through will help.

yellowcard

Wasn't at all surprised to hear that Cavan won comfortably tonight. Down were made to look a decent side 2 weeks ago by a dismal display by Armagh. Would expect Cavan to go on and win it now although Donegal have posted an impressive couple of wins to date. Donegal seem to be riding the crest of a wave after the exploits of the senior side last summer. Surely it's only a matter of time before this Cavan success at underage translates itself at senior level. Would be seriously worried of the prospect of a Cavan win over Armagh in Breffni in the USFC prelim round.

CC1

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 03, 2013, 10:20:37 PM
I disagree about Argue.
Mother of Jaysus...  ::)

Didn't make it down to the game but delighted with the result and the 4th final in a row. I really hope these lads do a three in a row now and go challenge for the AI.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Rudi

Good to see the former super power of Ulster football back to its proud self. Great supporters, get out in numbers, roar their team on, no badness. Always like to see Cavan go well.