Ulster U21 Championship 2013

Started by cavanlad, October 11, 2012, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Carlow might not be a great yardstick.. But Longford will be.

ONeill

Monaghan gave Tyrone a quare walloping in the Shamrock final tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

A real hammering alright. Tyrone with a very strong line out too.

Wee Roddy

I had my suspicions about this conveyor belt of talent that everyone talks about. As a close follower of club football, very few of these lads stand out in the club championship series. A minor All Ireland is very over rated in my opinion and can often lead to players getting the old "im think im better than I am". When the U21 championship is played at this time of the year it is very difficult to guauge with the biggest and most physical teams often winning. Having said that with so many players involved with the seniors it may be difficult for them to come down to a level mentally to play an U21 challenge match.

Corkey22

Longford beat Dublin last night so Leinster could be a lot more competitive than you might think!

Walter Cronc

Was that a league final played last night?? With Tyrones obvious talent I suppose you could argue that they have under achieved of late. Still would make them favourites however. How is Ronan O'Neill's rehab going?? He is a very exciting prospect. Hopefully the lad can make it back!!

Corkey22

Not too sure but i think it was the qf of the championship I think.. If so, a major shock! Longford where 16/1 before the game

mylestheslasher

It was Leinster championship so Dublin are out!

Walter Cronc

I'm referring to the Tyrone/Monaghan game lads. Was it an Ulster league final?

Corkey22

rodney trotter

Its more of a tournament than a league, not all Ulster teams play in it. Cavan never played in the Shamrock Cup before.

Fuzzman

So when does the championship start then?
It is the name of the thread and we're on page 3 but still no mention of any fixture dates.

Found it myself
http://ulster.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/2013-2/football/cadbury-ulster-u21-football-championship/

DATE: WEDNESDAY 20TH MAR 2013
Under 21 Football championship 2013   Quarter Final   8 00 PM   Healy Park, Omagh   Tyrone   ---    v   Donegal   ---    TBC
Under 21 Football championship 2013   Quarter Final   8 00 PM   Casement Park   Antrim   ---    v   Derry   ---    TBC
Under 21 Football championship 2013   Quarter Final   8 00 PM   Kingspan Breffni Pk   Cavan   ---    v   Monaghan   ---    TBC
Under 21 Football championship 2013   Quarter Final   8 00 PM      Winner of null   ---    v   Fermanagh/Armagh   ---    TBC

ONeill

2010 All-Ireland Minor Champs:

C Spiers;
S McGarrity, C Clarke, HP McGeary;
N Sludden, M Donaghy, E Deeney;
H Óg Conlon, C Grugan;
R Donnelly, T Canavan, R Devlin;
S Tierney, J McCullagh, R Ó Néill.

SUBS: P McNulty, L Gervan, D Donnelly.

Team beaten last night:

M McReynolds
D Quinn, C Clarke, HP McGeary
M Donaghy, N Sludden, R Loughran
H og Conlon, C Grugan
R Devlin, R O'Neill, L Gervan
K McGeary, R Donnelly, J McCullagh

SUBS: T Canavan, J Munroe, P McNulty, M Bradley, E Deeney
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Onion Bag

Any news on the Armagh v Fermanagh game tonight?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered