Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/22460011

Tyrone officials are unhappy with the county's allocation of tickets for the Ulster Football Championship clash with Donegal at Ballybofey on 26 May.

The Red Hand county has received 5,750 tickets for the meeting with the All-Ireland champions which is believed to be around 1,000 fewer than Donegal.

"We're very disappointed with the allocation of tickets," said Tyrone GAA spokesman Eunan Lindsay.

The capacity at Sean MacCumhaill Park will be capped at 17,500.

Lindsay said only 50 per cent of the county's adult members will have access to a ticket for the game, with no provision whatsoever made for children.

"We are left with one ticket for every two adult members in the county and that's before we even look at youth.

"It's just going to be up to the clubs to allocate them as they decide."

The Tyrone PRO was unable to say whether an appeal will be made to the Ulster Council over the county's allocation.

Earlier this week, Tyrone chairman Ciaran McLaughlin spoke of his disappointment for the thousands of supporters who will be unable to attend the game.

He said he felt the provincial council had missed an opportunity to market the fixture to a wider audience by not switching it to a larger venue.

Redhand Santa

Donegal pushed for the game to be played in the smaller venue - if anything they should be getting less tickets than Tyrone. Tyrone were happy in 2009 to give up home advantage as All Ireland champions to accomdate extra fans so certainly aren't being hypocritical over the issue.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 08, 2013, 10:31:08 PM
Donegal pushed for the game to be played in the smaller venue - if anything they should be getting less tickets than Tyrone. Tyrone were happy in 2009 to give up home advantage as All Ireland champions to accomdate extra fans so certainly aren't being hypocritical over the issue.

Christ will you Tyrone men ever get over this. Some whinging being done!!!

Redhand Santa

Just seems unfair that the tickets aren't being split 50 50 when it was Donegal who pushed for a restricted capacity. Though in fairness the scramble for tickets will if anything lead to an even bigger build up and hype around the fixture.

Rodman

This really is a disgraceful decision by Donegal county board. They have denied thousands of supporters the chance to see this game and I will guess than many Donegal supporters will also be annoyed once they realise the have no chance of getting a ticket. The Donegal county board and Jim mcguinness should really be looking at the bigger picture here. This game could easily have attracted 30k to Clones.

drici

Donegal's ticket allocation for the big Ulster Championship game with Tyrone, is just under 7,000, with less than 6,000 of that number going to the Clubs.

The exact allocation for the County, the reigning All Ireland Champions, is 6,700 with the vast majority of those terrace tickets.

When season ticket holders and player allocations - both Senior and Minor - are deducted from that figure, there are only 5,750 tickets to be shared out among the County's 40 clubs.

"We got our allocation during the week; it is not what we had hoped for, and we always knew this was going to be a difficult game to satisfy the supporters of the county,'' chairman Seán Dunnion, told the Democrat. .

"The allocation came in around 6,700, but you also have to remember that we have 766 season ticket holders in the County alone, so those have to be taken from the allocation.

"There are also 190 tickets that have also to be kept for players, Senior and Minor, under a directive from the Ulster Council, so the net figure for the county is around 5,750 , which is going to be way short of what the demand is going to be.

''Unfortunately that is one of the things we are going to have to deal with, but we are entitled to have a home match, and it is going to be a difficult few weeks ahead for the County Executive and all the officers of the clubs," said. Dunnion

Wildweasel74

Tyrone would not have 6000 at home games during the league/? why the big ho ha for those who dont follow there team everywhere and only pop out of the woodwork come championship time, i see plenty of tyrone people like that in at work, who wouldnt show there head at a tyrone game to ulster final time. The only pity is some of those supporters who go to league games would lose out. Sure any serious Tyrone supporter with a season ticket will get in for nothing

Wildweasel74

I thought season ticket holder tickets come out of the general supply for this type of game as supporters are really dealing directing with croke park and it should nto be coming out of a county allocation.

trileacman

Tyrone were happy in 2009 to give up home advantage as All Ireland champions to accomdate extra fans so certainly aren't being hypocritical over the issue.

Against who? I don't remember that.

I've a friend from Mayo who'd love to go to the game, he's a big fan of Jim and the new Donegal. To be fair everyone on here is always shiting on about the GAA and its useless marketing department not doing enough to boast the profile of the games. Here we have a mouth-watering clash that could attract 25-30k to Clones by the look of things and yet the Donegal county board are allowed to piss on the parade. Why do they insist on holding on to home advantage?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rodman

Quote from: trileacman on May 08, 2013, 11:32:43 PM
Tyrone were happy in 2009 to give up home advantage as All Ireland champions to accomdate extra fans so certainly aren't being hypocritical over the issue.

Against who? I don't remember that.

I've a friend from Mayo who'd love to go to the game, he's a big fan of Jim and the new Donegal. To be fair everyone on here is always shiting on about the GAA and its useless marketing department not doing enough to boast the profile of the games. Here we have a mouth-watering clash that could attract 25-30k to Clones by the look of things and yet the Donegal county board are allowed to piss on the parade. Why do they insist on holding on to home advantage?

1st round against Armagh

Norf Tyrone

The biggest disgrace/ issue for me is that 1500 tickets went on sale last week, and there appeared to be zero warning. I could guess that these tickets were bought by a lot of JCLs.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Club Rossa

The diehard Tyrone fans will get tickets,the glory hunters can stay at home and watch it on the box.
Our attendances at national league games were probably averaging 4 to 5,000,so there's plenty of tickets to go around.

rrhf

This maddening ticket madness will only serve to make us mad. Heard recetly of a 99 year old grandmother eho hasnt missed a match in 77 years who cant get a ticket for love nor money. im afraid we wre gonna hear more stories like this please tell your own. . undoubtedly theres 31 counties behind tyrone.  Come on Tyrone get wired into the fcukers.

theticklemister

Quote from: rrhf on May 09, 2013, 07:40:47 AM
This maddening ticket madness will only serve to make us mad. Heard recetly of a 99 year old grandmother eho hasnt missed a match in 77 years who cant get a ticket for love nor money. im afraid we wre gonna hear more stories like this please tell your own. . undoubtedly theres 31 counties behind tyrone.  Come on Tyrone get wired into the fcukers.

If I had my way Tyrone supporters would get no tickets.

WeeDonns

Whats a JCL North?

Have to laugh at these guys insisting there are plenty of tickets by comparing league attendances, because they're REAL supporters that have been to every McKenna Cup, League, Championship, Ladies, Hurling game etc since they were born ::)