Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Surely this game has 0-0 written all over it?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

TheGateKeeper

Story on the BBC that Lacey and Mark McHugh are doubtful. We could be in bother if two of our most influential players don't line out. Even if they do, as Fear said earlier, its hard to see Lacey, at least, being back to his best.

I wouldn't believe anything written in papers this week regarding team sheets and injuries!

ONeill

There's talk of McGuinness putting out a never-seen-before formation.

2011 - Ultra defensive
2012 - Mastery of defence - lethal on the break
2013 - 14-man attack.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

donegal lad

Quote from: screenexile on May 21, 2013, 10:45:33 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 21, 2013, 10:40:00 AM
A lot of players seem to pull the hamstring when coming back from cruciate injuries, RON did it and Paddy Bradley also did it in his first game too.  As mentioned in a previous post, I can't see SON having that much of an influence in this game, I imagine he will be swarmed out like he was last summer.  I hope that Tyrone have learnt that the key to creating space in teams like Donegals backline is to hit quick accurate foot passes, soloing up the field allows Donegal to regroup and put 10 bodies in their own 45.  I wonder how sharp Coney and RON actually are after being out for so long, its these type of players with speed and agaility that could ultimately make the difference in this Tyrone team that was so blunt in attack last year.

It's the most common injury after a cruciate because they cut away a stand of your hamstring and screw it in as a new cruciate. It leaves the hamstring very weak and you need to seriously warm the muscle up before you could even think of going at full speed without a pull or a tweak.

I'm up in that part of the world on Sunday and have my ear to the ground for a ticket as I think it there is potential for a real battle. A lot of people don't think it will be good football but I think the 2 teams are more than capable of playing some good stuff even with the way they will be set up. I still fancy Donegal as I reckon McGuinness has been planning for Donegal to peak in this game.  There will be nothing in it though I suspect.
Best of luck on he hunt for a ticket would imagine you won be the only 1 looking fo them in ballybofey on Sunday. If you don't get 1 make your wy to the Villa rose hotel it is directly beside th stadium and have a large screen being erected for Sunday.

On th game itself I'm expecting it to be a tight game with neither team giving an inch and think we will be very lucky if both team finish with 15 men each. Just have a feeling that we will do enough to win by a few points

ONeill

I'm waiting to see who Paddy Heaney goes for. It's usually 100% accurate in terms of being incorrect. He hasn't called a winner since 2003.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BluestackBoy

This game could hinge on the performance of young McBrearty who has been on fire lately. If he clicks it will be hard to contain all three full forwards.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Redhand Santa

Seems to be huge anticiapation to the game both from Donegal/Tyrone people and neutrals. Though strangely this doesn't seem to be reflected in the ticket demand in Tyrone. As of yesterday it sounded like they had yet to shift their full small allocation. Certainly puts to bed any argument from Tyrone of where the game is.

Really looking forward to it. Rare that you get a first round match like this between two of the best teams that divides opinion so much. No one is calling it with any kind of certainty. It will be interesting to see just how good Donegal are and how much they've improved in the last few weeks. It has the makings of a real battle with huge intensity. Hopefully Tyrone's fitness can match Donegal and the players from the bench can swing the game.

Any injury news? McEniff said in the times today that there's a rumour Sean Cavanagh is injured. Any other rumours going about? Think Tyrone trained for 3 days over the weekend in Garvaghy - the weekend breaks must be a thing of the past.

cadhlancian

Quote from: screenexile on May 21, 2013, 10:45:33 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 21, 2013, 10:40:00 AM
A lot of players seem to pull the hamstring when coming back from cruciate injuries, RON did it and Paddy Bradley also did it in his first game too.  As mentioned in a previous post, I can't see SON having that much of an influence in this game, I imagine he will be swarmed out like he was last summer.  I hope that Tyrone have learnt that the key to creating space in teams like Donegals backline is to hit quick accurate foot passes, soloing up the field allows Donegal to regroup and put 10 bodies in their own 45.  I wonder how sharp Coney and RON actually are after being out for so long, its these type of players with speed and agaility that could ultimately make the difference in this Tyrone team that was so blunt in attack last year.

It's the most common injury after a cruciate because they cut away a stand of your hamstring and screw it in as a new cruciate. It leaves the hamstring very weak and you need to seriously warm the muscle up before you could even think of going at full speed without a pull or a tweak.

I'm up in that part of the world on Sunday and have my ear to the ground for a ticket as I think it there is potential for a real battle. A lot of people don't think it will be good football but I think the 2 teams are more than capable of playing some good stuff even with the way they will be set up. I still fancy Donegal as I reckon McGuinness has been planning for Donegal to peak in this game.  There will be nothing in it though I suspect.
not totally true. The majority of ACL repairs are done with cadavers . The hamstring simply curls up in a ball due to its lack of use/ stretching . It's takes serious strength ing work to rehab the hamstring after that op.

theticklemister

Made the easiest 1 pound for the club there today when handjng a prediction sheet for the big match on Sunday the person filled in Donegal 3-05 v 2-09 Tyrone!!!!!!!!

The person was from Fermanagh so there could be the reason.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I wonder is there sometimes too much training. How much time would someone need for a recovery period. I would be curious to know how both teams approach each game with a diet and training plan. Dose anyone know?

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2013, 08:13:34 PM

2011 - Ultra defensive
2013 - 14-man attack.

Jim stormed onto the field to take on Deegan after he didn't give Mangod Murphy a penalty in a challenge match in Athlone last Wednesday. By all accounts he was chomping down on every bit of scenery he could lay his gnashers on. Didn't like the fact we didn't lock down the ground like an RUC station for him, though.

Maybe Mickey can ring up some of the Monksland farmers at the match if he wants some classified info on the champs?

Still think Jim is a super man. Just a insane man too.

donegal lad

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2013, 12:49:11 AM

2011 - Ultra defensive
2013 - 14-man attack.

Jim stormed onto the field to take on Deggan after he didn't give Mangod Murphy a penalty in a challenge match in Athlone last Wednesday. By all accounts he was chomping down on every bit of scenery he could lay his gnashers on. Didn't like the fact we didn't lock down the ground like an RUC station for him, though.

Maybe Mickey can ring up some of the Monksland farmers at the match if he wants some classified info on the champs?

How did that game end up did all of donegals big players play in it. Have heard a lot of rumours that Lacey won't start on Sunday, hope this not the case as he is the main man in donegals system for the championship

Syferus

Quote from: donegal lad on May 22, 2013, 01:27:47 AM

2011 - Ultra defensive
2013 - 14-man attack.

Jim stormed onto the field to take on Deggan after he didn't give Mangod Murphy a penalty in a challenge match in Athlone last Wednesday. By all accounts he was chomping down on every bit of scenery he could lay his gnashers on. Didn't like the fact we didn't lock down the ground like an RUC station for him, though.

How did that game end up did all of donegals big players play in it. Have heard a lot of rumours that Lacey won't start on Sunday, hope this not the case as he is the main man in donegals system for the championship

3-14 to 2-12 for the champs. We had a mostly full team out too, minus Donie Shine. I heard they were having a five-day camp in the area? Lovely part of the country for any county team to visit 8)

donegal lad

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2013, 01:30:53 AM
Quote from: donegal lad on May 22, 2013, 01:27:47 AM

2011 - Ultra defensive
2013 - 14-man attack.

3-14 to 2-12 for the champs. We had a mostly full team out too, minus Donie Shine. I heard they were having a five-day camp in the area? Lovely part of the country for any county team to visit 8)
They were staying in Johnstown house all last week. Jim does that before all big games takes them away for a weeks training. Surprisingly enough the buildup to this game is very low key up here. Heard today that Tyrone haven't sold all their tickets yet, no problem with ticket sales in donegal they are all gone and all local businesses in ballybofey are cashing in as well with big screens being provided.

Personally can't wit for the game to start would love for murphy to put the ball into the net passed morgan after all his verbals towards him in the league game. Will be a good old fashion ulster championship game and may the best team win  :)