Ulster Covenant march

Started by Minder, September 29, 2012, 04:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

and another breach of a Parade Commission ruling.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19776951
It's hard to see who exactly the PPS could pin the breach on here, or what they could do about it.

It's about time the legislation was amended to deter the likes of this. Make the parade organisers hand over a deposit for every parade subject to a ruling and return the deposit only if there are no breaches.

fitzroyalty

Apparently there's a photo in the IN of a Loyalist bandsman relieving himself against the gates of St Matthew's RC Church.

Exactly how stupid are these people?

Orior

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 01, 2012, 09:54:53 AM
Apparently there's a photo in the IN of a Loyalist bandsman relieving himself against the gates of St Matthew's RC Church.

Surely that is in line with the Orange Order's objectives of Protestant supremacy?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Orior on October 01, 2012, 10:02:23 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 01, 2012, 09:54:53 AM

Surely that is in line with the Orange Order's objectives of Protestant supremacy?
True. Though I thought this was fulfilled by playing the Sash but I thought wrong. Time the Sally rods cleaned up their act

Bord na Mona man

Carson hurled Fitzgibbon for Trinity the same year that Socrates played in the Sigerson with UCD.

LeoMc

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on October 01, 2012, 10:12:23 AM
Carson hurled Fitzgibbon for Trinity the same year that Socrates played in the Sigerson with UCD.

Was he studying Economics? That could be why the Greek economy is fcuked!

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on October 01, 2012, 10:20:25 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19784052

Is there anywhere else in Europe that does parades like Norn Irn ? That has provocative songs that are designed to wind up certain groups and do so very successfully ? 

And WTF is the point of singing hymns on a parade? 

AQMP

Quote from: seafoid on October 01, 2012, 10:42:21 AM

Is there anywhere else in Europe that does parades like Norn Irn ? That has provocative songs that are designed to wind up certain groups and do so very successfully ? 

seafoid, do you not know that the Orange Order is primarily a religious and cultural organisation...

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on September 29, 2012, 09:13:06 PM
While I am in the picture posting mood, count the crowd

Anti Sunningdale 1974

Monster covenant march 2012

Only 30,000 of them!!!
You would have got more on the pitch after the all-Ireland if it wasn't for them pesky barriers.

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on October 01, 2012, 10:44:18 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 01, 2012, 10:42:21 AM

seafoid, do you not know that the Orange Order is primarily a religious and cultural organisation...

It all looks like it needs a makeover . Maybe it made sense in 1912.

LeoMc

When I first saw the headline I thought it was an apology from the other Nelson. Now that would have been news.

T Fearon

Looking forward to the next Parades Commission determination either banning pissing altogether or restricting numbers permitted to piss ;D

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: T Fearon on October 01, 2012, 11:21:38 AM
Looking forward to the next Parades Commission determination either banning pissing altogether or restricting numbers permitted to piss ;D

Doesn't really matter a shite. As has been proved recently, the Parades Commission continues to makes absolutely unenforceable, toothless determinations, which are then freely walked all over by the Orange Order & their coat-trailing supporters, while the cops ignore what's going on & force them through the flashpoint. Nothing ever really changes, does it?

lawnseed

Quote from: LeoMc on October 01, 2012, 10:48:27 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 29, 2012, 09:13:06 PM
While I am in the picture posting mood, count the crowd

Anti Sunningdale 1974

Monster covenant march 2012

Only 30,000 of them!!!
You would have got more on the pitch after the all-Ireland if it wasn't for them pesky barriers.
i have some difficulty with the crowd estimates at these orangey gatherings. i was talking to a lad who was working in keady at the twelth were the crowd was claimed to be 20000 he reckons 2 or 3 thousand at the most in fact they had to bus the bands from the field back to the start of the march because there were not enough bands. i'm comparing belfast to clones on ulster final day i reckon there were about 10000 in belfast.

we should not forget that these marches are specifically designed to annoy  irish/catholic/nationalist/republican people and guess what the existance of this thread proves that they work. i'm pissed off. i know that i should rise above it.. be the bigger man.. ignore these idiots.. but dont you just want to wade into them with the boots flying?? would you ever get tired of kickin that big fukr with the drum?? just lock me in a room with him for 30 secs.. thats all i want.. 30secs >:( >:( >:(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once