Ulster Minor Hurling Championship

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 02, 2011, 04:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Congratulations to cushendall on winning UMHC today against portaferry

a superb performance from their midfield pair with three goals inside the opening 8 minutes helped them on their way.

Dissapointing to see Portaferry full back playing a full game (and the s/finals) with no left knee - wrong by management - i wouldnt be happy seeing any players i coach do that.
Its all about the Hurling.

johnneycool

I wasn't at the game but the ports i've been talking to seemed to think they didn't play well on the day and could have made more of a game of it but for a poor start.

As for the young lad O'Neill, he's had some sort of knee bandage on for as long as I've seen him and I'm talking 14 years or so. I don't know if he has a real knee problem or not but it does seem strange that he hasn't got some sort of treatment for it by now. He certainly had a knee bandage on the night they won the Down championship at the tail end of July, early August and his movement wasn't that restricted then.

the colonel

Our boys definately deserved the win on the day. Our first 3 scores being goals made it really tough for Portaferry. Fought harder for it, but also had more scoring threats than portaferry (5 different goal scorers). Full back was given a hard time by our 2 full forwards. Dominic Delargy is a big fella but his touch is unreal.

Only portaferry player to really impress was the centre back. Thought he held the whole defence well. THe number 10, who took the free's was ok, but kept wanting to hit, poke and nudge his man to no avail. Had he concentrated on hurling he would have had a bigger impact. One of the wing backs was lucky to stay on the pitch after a wild pull on Eoin Laverty, but as Hasson the ref played advantage he thought that was enough. Never even came back to book him, was ridiculous
the difference between success and failure is energy

the waffler

considering the young lad has only turned 16 joney you arent talking about any more than a year and is/was having treatment as far as i know

RealSpiritof98

Any word on dates for this years fixtures

ogshead

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 01, 2012, 01:45:56 AM
Any word on dates for this years fixtures

In there early Real... great to see the hurlers in this years competition. Would the last time they got there have been in 2004/5 season against St Johns? As far as I can remember Decky Coulter scored about 15/16 points in the drawn game.