Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadence

Quote from: RMDrive on November 10, 2012, 03:16:24 PM
Quote from: cadence on November 10, 2012, 02:06:04 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on November 10, 2012, 01:48:17 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 10, 2012, 01:27:05 PM
For what its worth.

Fair play to Mc Guinness. As a consultant sports psychologist his achievements have been recognised by a big brand who have come in for his services. In this current economic climate who wouldnt give an arm and a leg for a "gig" like that.

If he feels he can juggle both roles then there is a great chance he can. He will also learn at Celtic and transfer that skill set to further improve whatever amateurism is left in Tir Connail. And Rory Gallagher and co will make sure there is no slippage in his absence.

Great for Jim. Great for Celtic. Great for Donegal who would at this point probably be favourites for 2 in a row.

Small enough field in fairness.

most sports comps have small enough fields in fairness.

Smaller than 1? Only one team can go for 2 in a row.

aye but we'll have to beat the same lot to win it again and this is the usual case in most sports comps being the point that's being made naw.

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 10, 2012, 03:49:31 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2012, 03:38:30 PM
For what its worth.

Fair play to Mc Guinness. As a consultant sports psychologist his achievements have been recognised by a big brand who have come in for his services. In this current economic climate who wouldnt give an arm and a leg for a "gig" like that.

If he feels he can juggle both roles then there is a great chance he can. He will also learn at Celtic and transfer that skill set to further improve whatever amateurism is left in Tir Connail. And Rory Gallagher and co will make sure there is no slippage in his absence.

Great for Jim. Great for Celtic. Great for Donegal who would at this point probably be favourites for 2 in a row.

William Hill:

4/1   Cork   
4/1   Donegal   
4/1   Kerry
9/1   Dublin   
10/1   Mayo   
16/1   Kildare
16/1   Tyrone   
20/1   Meath   
33/1   Down
33/1   Galway   
40/1   Armagh   
100/1   Derry
100/1   Laois   
100/1   Longford   
100/1   Roscommon
100/1   Sligo   
100/1   Wexford   
150/1   Monaghan
200/1   Antrim   
200/1   Cavan   
200/1   Clare
200/1   Fermanagh   
200/1   Limerick   
200/1   Louth
200/1   Offaly   
200/1   Tipperary   
200/1   Westmeath
200/1   Wicklow   
500/1   Carlow   
500/1   Leitrim
500/1   London   
1000/1   Waterford   
2000/1   New York

Love to know how they reckon Laois are priced at 100/1, and Meath are 20/1. Laois had a excellent run and knocked out the Royals along the way, should have beaten the Dublin also.

laois had as much chance of beating dublin as cavan did of winning sam in the next 20 years

rodney trotter

Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2012, 04:06:28 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 10, 2012, 03:49:31 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2012, 03:38:30 PM
For what its worth.

William Hill:

4/1   Cork   
4/1   Donegal   
4/1   Kerry
9/1   Dublin   
10/1   Mayo   
16/1   Kildare
16/1   Tyrone   
20/1   Meath   
33/1   Down
33/1   Galway   
40/1   Armagh   
100/1   Derry
100/1   Laois   
100/1   Longford   
100/1   Roscommon
100/1   Sligo   
100/1   Wexford   
150/1   Monaghan
200/1   Antrim   
200/1   Cavan   
200/1   Clare
200/1   Fermanagh   
200/1   Limerick   
200/1   Louth
200/1   Offaly   
200/1   Tipperary   
200/1   Westmeath
200/1   Wicklow   
500/1   Carlow   
500/1   Leitrim
500/1   London   
1000/1   Waterford   
2000/1   New York

Love to know how they reckon Laois are priced at 100/1, and Meath are 20/1. Laois had a excellent run and knocked out the Royals along the way, should have beaten the Dublin also.

laois had as much chance of beating dublin as cavan did of winning sam in the next 20 years

Yeah because Dublin were something like 1/10 to win that match to Laois priced at 8/1. A scrappy goal was the difference. A laois team that were without Craig Rogers, Donie Kingston, Donie Brennan.  Kingston is apparently back for them next year.

Cavan have lots of talent coming along, Rome wasn't in a day. St Pats Cavan are producing some top class players, so shut up with your ignorance.

imtommygunn

Ha, I think someone might mean that Donegal would be the front runners for 2 in a row given they're the only team who can possibly do it!!

Indiana by listening to you you would think that Jim McGuinness programmed a team of cyborgs.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2012, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2012, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2012, 11:43:00 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2012, 10:30:52 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 09, 2012, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 09, 2012, 07:11:01 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 09, 2012, 06:49:34 PM
Donegal will suffer if he takes both. So Celtic will win out I expect.

Also he may find working with the uneducated money hungry upstarts that soccer generally produces who largely dont give a rats arse about anyone bar themselves a far harder proposition then players who play for the jersey.

considering hew will be working with the youth squads he may well have a hand in stopping such developments in the players. And as for "uneducated", behave yourself

They dont really finish school so they are largely uneducated. I dont blamehifor taking the gig I definitely would. But I wouldnt kid myself thinking I could manage a county team too.

Donegal will struggle next year as the lack of football skills in the team will be exposed if the ravenous hunger and tactical appreciation he gave them falls by the wayside in his abscence

Lol. A statemtent that if said this time last year would have been entirely accurate. Not so sure if it'll come true this year!

You honestly believe donegal are going to buck the trend and do a two in a row. Not a hope in my opinion.

I find it amusing that you would say the All Ireland Champions have a lack of footballing ability when u had a near breakdown when I suggested the same of last years champions!!

In terms of next year well I think Donegal are best placed to do it as they won this years All Ireland without getting out of 3rd gear. Save for a brief spell in the Tyrone game they went through the year at a canter really. I don't see why they couldn't go on and do it again next year!

Donegal still haven't beaten Dublin you know. We did to win our title. When they beat us in championship football I'll agree with you. Until then I'll take my chances!!

Like a Tyrone man saying Kerry hadn't beaten them and that changed this year. If Laois,Meath can push Dublin all the way and Mayo beat them i don't think Donegal have much to fear.

cadence

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 10, 2012, 04:20:18 PM
Ha, I think someone might mean that Donegal would be the front runners for 2 in a row given they're the only team who can possibly do it!!

Indiana by listening to you you would think that Jim McGuinness programmed a team of cyborgs.

hah, i think someone might mean donegal are favs to win the all ireland, which would give us the two in a row. we all know what he meant. anyway. 

johnpower

This seems a great opportunity for McGuinness which he would be crazy to pass up.WI this have impact on the panel? or will they be able to apply the same single minded dedication to the cause?

tonto1888

Also he may find working with the uneducated money hungry upstarts that soccer generally produces who largely dont give a rats arse about anyone bar themselves a far harder proposition then players who play for the jersey.

considering hew will be working with the youth squads he may well have a hand in stopping such developments in the players. And as for "uneducated", behave yourself

They dont really finish school so they are largely uneducated. I dont blamehifor taking the gig I definitely would. But I wouldnt kid myself thinking I could manage a county team too.

Donegal will struggle next year as the lack of football skills in the team will be exposed if the ravenous hunger and tactical appreciation he gave them falls by the wayside in his abscence

I dont know many professional footballers to be honest but the two Keane lads at united have got a full set of, good, GCSE grades. Michael has got good AS grades also, I know, I taught him. Im sire plenty of others have similar. Also, Im sure there are a lot of people who have not really finished school but are more educated than me or you. Two stereotypes you made in your post mate

ogshead

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 10, 2012, 08:13:11 PM

I dont know many professional footballers to be honest but the two Keane lads at united have got a full set of, good, GCSE grades. Michael has got good AS grades also, I know, I taught him. Im sire plenty of others have similar. Also, Im sure there are a lot of people who have not really finished school but are more educated than me or you. Two stereotypes you made in your post mate

You teach people? You should mark yourself down for spelling mistakes!!

INDIANA

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 10, 2012, 08:13:11 PM

I've no problem stating the vast majority of english soccer players are uneducated

Tony Baloney

Quote from: skeog on November 11, 2012, 01:49:42 PM
a lot of hulabaloo about jims appointment to the youth academy at celtic lets get real here from some some peoples interviews harte mc hugh etc you would think he was taking celtic over oh forgot mc gurn who failed miserably at armagh also throwing in his views getting air time and print time when things are slack on the gaa front good pr for celtic having an all ireland winning manager on the books might increase the ticket sales oh and mickey seems to to have an issue with the compromise rules but not soccer when it concerns celtic dont think tyrone would be up for a tyrone manager to be working for a foreign sports club
I think there is sonething wrong with your comma and full stop keys.

Leo

I've no problem stating the vast majority of english soccer players are uneducated

I've no problem stating the vast majority of "Irish" supporters of english soccer players are uneducated
Fierce tame altogether

cadence

i feel much more educated having read this thread.

drici

Syferus

I wouldn't want to be a customs officer calling over Big Jim for a chat.