Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on November 09, 2012, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 09, 2012, 07:11:01 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 09, 2012, 06:49:34 PM
Donegal will suffer if he takes both. So Celtic will win out I expect.

Also he may find working with the uneducated money hungry upstarts that soccer generally produces who largely dont give a rats arse about anyone bar themselves a far harder proposition then players who play for the jersey.

considering hew will be working with the youth squads he may well have a hand in stopping such developments in the players. And as for "uneducated", behave yourself

They dont really finish school so they are largely uneducated. I dont blamehifor taking the gig I definitely would. But I wouldnt kid myself thinking I could manage a county team too.

Donegal will struggle next year as the lack of football skills in the team will be exposed if the ravenous hunger and tactical appreciation he gave them falls by the wayside in his abscence

Lol. A statemtent that if said this time last year would have been entirely accurate. Not so sure if it'll come true this year!

JimStynes

Is it 250k over 5 years that he is getting?

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2012, 10:30:52 AM

Also he may find working with the uneducated money hungry upstarts that soccer generally produces who largely dont give a rats arse about anyone bar themselves a far harder proposition then players who play for the jersey.

considering hew will be working with the youth squads he may well have a hand in stopping such developments in the players. And as for "uneducated", behave yourself

They dont really finish school so they are largely uneducated. I dont blamehifor taking the gig I definitely would. But I wouldnt kid myself thinking I could manage a county team too.

Donegal will struggle next year as the lack of football skills in the team will be exposed if the ravenous hunger and tactical appreciation he gave them falls by the wayside in his abscence

Lol. A statemtent that if said this time last year would have been entirely accurate. Not so sure if it'll come true this year!

You honestly believe donegal are going to buck the trend and do a two in a row. Not a hope in my opinion.

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2012, 11:43:00 AM

You honestly believe donegal are going to buck the trend and do a two in a row. Not a hope in my opinion.

I find it amusing that you would say the All Ireland Champions have a lack of footballing ability when u had a near breakdown when I suggested the same of last years champions!!

In terms of next year well I think Donegal are best placed to do it as they won this years All Ireland without getting out of 3rd gear. Save for a brief spell in the Tyrone game they went through the year at a canter really. I don't see why they couldn't go on and do it again next year!

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2012, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2012, 11:43:00 AM

I find it amusing that you would say the All Ireland Champions have a lack of footballing ability when u had a near breakdown when I suggested the same of last years champions!!

In terms of next year well I think Donegal are best placed to do it as they won this years All Ireland without getting out of 3rd gear. Save for a brief spell in the Tyrone game they went through the year at a canter really. I don't see why they couldn't go on and do it again next year!

Donegal still haven't beaten Dublin you know. We did to win our title. When they beat us in championship football I'll agree with you. Until then I'll take my chances!!

From the Bunker

Question is do they have a higher gear?

bannside

For what its worth.

Fair play to Mc Guinness. As a consultant sports psychologist his achievements have been recognised by a big brand who have come in for his services. In this current economic climate who wouldnt give an arm and a leg for a "gig" like that.

If he feels he can juggle both roles then there is a great chance he can. He will also learn at Celtic and transfer that skill set to further improve whatever amateurism is left in Tir Connail. And Rory Gallagher and co will make sure there is no slippage in his absence.

Great for Jim. Great for Celtic. Great for Donegal who would at this point probably be favourites for 2 in a row.

RMDrive

Quote from: bannside on November 10, 2012, 01:27:05 PM
For what its worth.

Fair play to Mc Guinness. As a consultant sports psychologist his achievements have been recognised by a big brand who have come in for his services. In this current economic climate who wouldnt give an arm and a leg for a "gig" like that.

If he feels he can juggle both roles then there is a great chance he can. He will also learn at Celtic and transfer that skill set to further improve whatever amateurism is left in Tir Connail. And Rory Gallagher and co will make sure there is no slippage in his absence.

Great for Jim. Great for Celtic. Great for Donegal who would at this point probably be favourites for 2 in a row.

Small enough field in fairness.

cadence

our game has produced a good number of qualified talented young coaches, and they're not going to break the bank with the budget that large soccer teams have, so it's worth a punt for them. just makes good financial sense to try something new that may reap great rewards.

very pleased it's celtic who have given a gaa man the start. fair play to mcg. getting his just rewards. just shows how far you can go when you apply yourself. great role model. 

cadence

Quote from: RMDrive on November 10, 2012, 01:48:17 PM
For what its worth.

most sports comps have small enough fields in fairness.

JimStynes

I would say if he does well then he will no doubt be promoted to working with the reserves and first team on a full time basis and fair play to him if he does.

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 10, 2012, 01:26:26 PM

Question is do they have a higher gear?

They were well into fifth gear this year.  Its just the mentality from some up north that somehow the all-irelands they win are a higher standard then the rest of the country.
They still get the same trophy at the end of it. Unfortunately some of them forget that.

RMDrive

Quote from: cadence on November 10, 2012, 02:06:04 PM
For what its worth.

most sports comps have small enough fields in fairness.

Smaller than 1? Only one team can go for 2 in a row.

Hardy

For what its worth.

William Hill:

4/1   Cork   
4/1   Donegal   
4/1   Kerry
9/1   Dublin   
10/1   Mayo   
16/1   Kildare
16/1   Tyrone   
20/1   Meath   
33/1   Down
33/1   Galway   
40/1   Armagh   
100/1   Derry
100/1   Laois   
100/1   Longford   
100/1   Roscommon
100/1   Sligo   
100/1   Wexford   
150/1   Monaghan
200/1   Antrim   
200/1   Cavan   
200/1   Clare
200/1   Fermanagh   
200/1   Limerick   
200/1   Louth
200/1   Offaly   
200/1   Tipperary   
200/1   Westmeath
200/1   Wicklow   
500/1   Carlow   
500/1   Leitrim
500/1   London   
1000/1   Waterford   
2000/1   New York

rodney trotter

Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2012, 03:38:30 PM
For what its worth.

William Hill:

4/1   Cork   
4/1   Donegal   
4/1   Kerry
9/1   Dublin   
10/1   Mayo   
16/1   Kildare
16/1   Tyrone   
20/1   Meath   
33/1   Down
33/1   Galway   
40/1   Armagh   
100/1   Derry
100/1   Laois   
100/1   Longford   
100/1   Roscommon
100/1   Sligo   
100/1   Wexford   
150/1   Monaghan
200/1   Antrim   
200/1   Cavan   
200/1   Clare
200/1   Fermanagh   
200/1   Limerick   
200/1   Louth
200/1   Offaly   
200/1   Tipperary   
200/1   Westmeath
200/1   Wicklow   
500/1   Carlow   
500/1   Leitrim
500/1   London   
1000/1   Waterford   
2000/1   New York

Love to know how they reckon Laois are priced at 100/1, and Meath are 20/1. Laois had a excellent run and knocked out the Royals along the way, should have beaten the Dublin also.