Tír Eoghain vs Ciarraí

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2007, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Mugsy finished??? I would doubt it.

Daily Mirror has him among the subs.

and how many times was Cavo written off this year.......................

realredhandfan

Theres a new rumour about Mugsy and Cavalan being finsihed every other month.  Treat them all with sceptism.

Mr. Nakata

Only seen the team there now. Donnelly at number 3 is a surprise. Think I'll watch this in the pub, a gallon of Guinness might be required to dull the pain. The last time I watched the lambh dearg on Setanta, I nearly choked on my pint when O'Neill missed a 21 yard free in front of the sticks. It went down the wrong way. Started spraying some blond with Guinness. Wasn't pretty. O'Neill will make up for it on Saturday night, I've no doubt. 

realredhandfan

Mr Nakata that belly button piercing needs looked at.

ONeill

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on March 30, 2007, 11:19:57 AM
O'Neill will make up for it on Saturday night, I've no doubt. 

I feel that too. Respect to Cork and Donegal, but this is a big game. Big games bring out the best in class players. Can we win enough possession and use it intelligently in order to feed the FF line? The nightmare scenario is the sight of Harte, McMenamin, Carlin etc running into dead ends, soloing the ball to a standstill and then, under pressure from a plethora of Kerry men, releasing the ball to no one in particular.

We need intelligent play this Saturday or the goose is cooked. My prediction - Tyrone to show a much improved display but to go down fighting by a couple of points - 1-13 to 1-11.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

Id settle for that.  He obviously sees Penrose as a ball holding option though.

magickingdom

"Apart from Gooch and Brosnan, would any of the the crokes lads be expected to make the kerry panel?"

they'd be the only two for this w/e....

ONeill

That begs the question, can he hold onto the ball for 70 mins though, then win a free to nail it? It'd make great viewing.

How many frees will Galvin win? Mellon will have his fans full with T O Se. Can he track him or cause enough bother himself to occupy Tomas?

Starting to feel more optimistic, even without Cavanagh. Big game from Hughes in the middle, up against Dara.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

ive never seen a lower key approach to a Tyrone v kerry  game in a  few years.  If Mickey and Co could pull out the stops one more time in this one Id settle for a defeat in the last game.   

ExiledGael

Enda McGinley definitely out of Kerry game, with calf injury, he couldn't train last night! You Tyronnies are cursed

uselessfootballer

Whilst I continue to have my doubts over P Donnelly (previously expressed) and would have concerns as to whether M Penrose has the guille, vision and range of passing to be a fully effect chf, I am encouraged by this weeks selection. No doubting that Penrose will put in the effort and he has popped up with the odd important goal before.

The midfield pairing looks very strong on paper and has lots of ball winning potential and at long last the ff line contains 3 scoring forwards.
We all know that class is permenant and form is tempoary, maybe this is the week that S O Neill finds his range again.

I think Tyrone will score more heavily than in the last 3 NFL matches and if they can keep Kerry away from the 3 pointers they might just sneak a result.

Be positive Kerry 0-11 Tyrone 1-10

realredhandfan

I agree...Backs to the wall but the result can be got. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Agreed, let's keep it positive, nothing lost (or won) just yet. I'm hopeful of a few surprisingly big performances here.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Don't ask me why, but I've a feeling that this will be the game that gets the Tyrone train back on track for the NFL and the Championship.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

QuoteDon't ask me why, but I've a feeling that this will be the game that gets the Tyrone train back on track for the NFL and the Championship.

Tyrone and Kerry get on track!

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B