Tír Eoghain vs Ciarraí

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2007, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

In regards to that Hub Should be allowed to shoot, its just awfully frustrating that since his return
probably 6 out the 7 shots he has taken have been straight in to the keepers hands.
He's in there to do a job and trying to kick points is not it!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Wee Roddy

Indeed Conor Gormley has a broken thumb. Tieroan said that earlier in the week but because the very accurate BBC Website said he should be ok for the Kerry game, everyone thought he was. It is a cruel blow to Conor and indeed his club as he will be out for month to six weeks.
Realredhandfan, you said the balance of power is changing. Perhaps it is but not because of County representation. We got to 3 finals in a row (1999,2000,2001) winning 2, without a county player in sight and won the 2004 and 2005 championship with 1 county player, namely Conor Gormley, and were narrowly beaten in last years with no county men as Conor was injured.

Flirtyflan, is there any chance of a wee clue as to your identity so as us Carmen ones can stick together?

realredhandfan

Wee Roddy very much tongue in cheek in relation to the overload of Donaghmore men anyway. 

Kerry Mike

Will be out of contact for the weekend, best of luck to any Tyronies venturing to the Kingdom on Sat.

No Kerry team just yet but we need to bate ye  ;)

Best of luck to both teams.

Ciarrai Abu

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 29, 2007, 07:29:00 PM
Will be out of contact for the weekend, best of luck to any Tyronies venturing to the Kingdom on Sat.

No Kerry team just yet but we need to bate ye  ;)

Best of luck to both teams.

Ciarrai Abu

Gurab amhlaidh duitse a chara, Tír Eoghain abú! Sláinte.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Over the Bar

Quotewhilst theres only 1 Ballygawley and carmen man

So who between Enda McGinley and Davy Harte do you think will be dropped??

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 29, 2007, 08:35:07 PM
Quotewhilst theres only 1 Ballygawley and carmen man

So who between Enda McGinley and Davy Harte do you think will be dropped??

Neither I'd say, not with Conor Gormley injured.  If Mickey Magee's back I could see Justin Mc Mahon CHB, and Magee in the left corner, with Dermy Carlin LHB.

never kickt a ball

Tyrone Teams Selected
29 Mar 2007

The Tír Eoghain team to play Ciarraí in the Allianz NFL Division 1A on Saturday evening in Tralee at 7.30 pm is:

Pascal McConnell, Ryan McMenamin, Peter Donnelly, Dermot Carlin, Davy Harte, Conor Gormley, Justin McMahon, Kevin Hughes, Enda McGinley, Brian Dooher (Capt.), Martin Penrose, Ryan Mellon, Niall Gormley, Colm McCullagh, Stephen O'Neill

Subs: Jonathan Curran, Colm Cavanagh, Colm Donnelly, Ciaran Gourley, Colin Holmes, Kelvin Hughes, Aiden McCarron, Cathal McCarron, Damian McCaul, Tommy McGuigan, Joe McMahon, Raymond Mulgrew, Paul Quinn, Paul Rouse, Declan Treanor

The Tír Eoghain team to play Longfort in the Allianz NHL Div 3B on Sunday afternoon in Longford at 3.30 pm is:

Declan McCabe, Tony Hughes, Damian Maguire, Sean Og Grogan, Niall McDermott, Terry McIntosh (Capt),.Leigh Moore, Ryan Winters, Noel Hurson, Paul Lavery, Paul Hughes, Peadar McMahon, Cathal McErlean, John Kerr, Justin Kelly

Subs: John Devlin, Sean Paul Begley, Brian Daly, Paddy Devine, Stephen Donnelly, Michael McCullough, David Lavery, Jimmy Treacy, Padraig McHugh, Sean O'Hagan, Barry O'Neill, Joe O'Neill, Ryan O'Neill, Shane O'Neill, Barry Winters

tyroneman

Sorry lads.............was daydreaming earlier - meant Niall Gormley, not McGinn  ::)

Anyhow..............Donnelly at FB..FFS what has he got to do to be fecked out of the county set up. JOe McMahon needs games, Donnelly just needs the road.

Mugsy still not forgiven either  :-\

Fear ón Srath Bán

As per the listing:

Pascal McConnell

Ryan McMenamin                                  Peter Donnelly                                                       Dermot Carlin

Davy Harte                                          Conor Gormley                                                       Justin McMahon

Kevin Hughes                                      Enda McGinley

Brian Dooher (Capt.),                           Martin Penrose                                                        Ryan Mellon

Niall Gormley                                       Colm McCullagh                                                       Stephen O'Neill

Subs: Jonathan Curran, Colm Cavanagh, Colm Donnelly, Ciaran Gourley, Colin Holmes, Kelvin Hughes, Aiden McCarron, Cathal McCarron, Damian McCaul, Tommy McGuigan, Joe McMahon, Raymond Mulgrew, Paul Quinn, Paul Rouse, Declan Treanor

OK, Joe Mc Mahon on the bench, Carmen having us on about Conor Gormley, fingers crossed for the bould Peter Donnelly...

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 29, 2007, 09:21:23 PM

OK, Joe Mc Mahon on the bench, Carmen having us on about Conor Gormley,

What's the betting McMahon replaces Gormley before throw in goes to full back with Donnelly CHB?Tyrone win the game but lose it over their innacurate teamsheet  ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: never kickt a ball on March 29, 2007, 09:25:41 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 29, 2007, 09:21:23 PM

OK, Joe Mc Mahon on the bench, Carmen having us on about Conor Gormley,

What's the betting McMahon replaces Gormley before throw in goes to full back with Donnelly CHB?Tyrone win the game but lose it over their innacurate teamsheet  ;D

Wouldn't surprise me, there's something or other afoot.

tyroneboi

I can only see a defeat on Saturday evening but i will be happy to eat humble pie if they do manage to beat Kerry. Penrose at CHF is a poor move, he will have no impact at all on saturday. Donnelly at FB is a strange one - the dogs in the street know he isnt county standard and he must be doing something pretty special in training to get his place. Agree with previous poster that McMahon needs games at this stage of the year. Ah well still have faith in mickey - its all about the championship at the end of the day!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneboi on March 29, 2007, 09:43:59 PM
I can only see a defeat on Saturday evening but i will be happy to eat humble pie if they do manage to beat Kerry. Penrose at CHF is a poor move, he will have no impact at all on saturday. Donnelly at FB is a strange one - the dogs in the street know he isnt county standard and he must be doing something pretty special in training to get his place. Agree with previous poster that McMahon needs games at this stage of the year. Ah well still have faith in mickey - its all about the championship at the end of the day!!

I wouldn't be so pessimistic, that triumvirate of Hughes, Mc Ginley and Mellon in midfield is, potentially, an awesome combination. Here's hoping they can all produce.

Anybody know when they're travelling down?

reddgnhand

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 29, 2007, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on March 29, 2007, 09:43:59 PM

I wouldn't be so pessimistic, that triumvirate of Hughes, Mc Ginley and Mellon in midfield is, potentially, an awesome combination. Here's hoping they can all produce.

Anybody know when they're travelling down?

Friday night and that team is shite. Gonna be the same story. That half forward line is just going to run into trouble all night and the full forward line wont see enough ball to put up a decent score..