Tír Eoghain vs Ciarraí

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2007, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Flirtyflan on March 29, 2007, 01:56:55 AM
Heard tonight that Mickey Murphy has pulled out of the panel

Good player, but I thought it was a year early for him.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tieroan

Tell me what anyone sees in Cathal McCarron as a county senior player? I see him as a good talent but who can put the ball over the bar when unchallenged. Can he go out and win his own ball? A guy who works for me from Omagh actually shares the same view point as me, and that he goes missing in the bigger games for Omagh on regular occasion. His problem is that he is to timid if you catch my drift.
On Mellon. He hates playing corner forward, he is a great half forward and in my opinion could be a great midfielder

ONeill

Spot on on both accounts.

McCarron reminded me of Mark Harte in many ways.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cavanmaniac

Tell me this though...who the bleddy hell is 'Hub'?  ???

tyroneman

Ryan Mellon had a phenomenal game against Galway in the NFL 2003, just before his illness started. His partnership with Sean C looked very promising that day.

I know with one game it doesn't automatically follow etc etc however the potential was there.

Mellon has good ability on the ball, can shoot and is a very decent fielder. I can't see any reson he is not worth a go in MF.

In addition he can handle high pressure games (see 2005 AIF). Playing him at CF does little for his confidence and gets about 60% of his ability (same when Hub and Sean C play in the forward line). People then get on his back and a cycle starts.

At this point I would have start looking at the Championship line out as far as possible. Players need games together to gel.

McConnell

Ricey                           - Joey -                      Carlin / McGee (much of a muchness)

Harte                          - Block -                      McMahon / Jordan (needs games soon)

Hub - Mellon / Holmes (until Sean C available)

Dooher                   - Cavo / Mulgrew -            Cavo / Mulgrew / McGinley

SON                           - Mugsy -                     McGinn

Add in McGuigan when available - there we go.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: cavanmaniac on March 29, 2007, 12:44:36 PM
Tell me this though...who the bleddy hell is 'Hub'?  ???

Hub is Kevin Hughes, and that makes it a bit easier now not to get mixed up between himself and Kelvin Hughes.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on March 29, 2007, 12:55:23 PM
Ryan Mellon had a phenomenal game against Galway in the NFL 2003, just before his illness started. His partnership with Sean C looked very promising that day.

I know with one game it doesn't automatically follow etc etc however the potential was there.

Mellon has good ability on the ball, can shoot and is a very decent fielder. I can't see any reson he is not worth a go in MF.

In addition he can handle high pressure games (see 2005 AIF). Playing him at CF does little for his confidence and gets about 60% of his ability (same when Hub and Sean C play in the forward line). People then get on his back and a cycle starts.

I agree, I had him as man of the match that day -- seemed like he was everywhere in the top third and caused Galway all sorts of problems in Pomeroy.  That's exactly the game he reminded me of against Limerick on Sunday, such was his energy and commitment.

Mr. Nakata

My pessimism is based solely on our last 3 outings. A 3/10, 4/10 & 5/10. As Harte says himself, we're playing in patches and need to turn these purple patches into 70 minutes or something near it. Without Cavanagh and Stevie O' Neill so low on confidence, I think these next 2 games look menacing. O'Neill is our major scoring threat. The simplest of frees are starting to look difficult for him. In 2005 he was untouchable. Genius in fact. I hope he starts finding the gears soon. Other forwards need to stand up and be counted in Kerry. Boys like Gormley and McCullough if selected, could nail a starting slot for the championship. Mugsy and Cavlan, well, I'll wait to see the team announced tonight.

Of course, when you add Jordan, Cav & McGuigan to the mix, with Dooher hoovering, I'll be brimming with optimism during the summer months.

realredhandfan

If thats Niall Mc ginn you talking about you are winding me up...Eh cheek...  Even I wouldnt almost subconciously insert him into a Tyrone team without attempting to get Fear on Srath Ban, O Neill, Lobbied and on my side to back the selection up.  Cheeky But I like your style. :)

realredhandfan

interesting Ill make a prediction now that before the enn of the season therell be 3 Donaghmore men, 3 omagh men, 2 Dromore men, 3 Moy men 2 Clann na gael men all on the one team whilst theres only 1 Ballygawley and carmen man.  How the balance of power is shifting.   

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 29, 2007, 02:18:40 PM
If thats Niall Mc ginn you talking about you are winding me up...Eh cheek...  Even I wouldnt almost subconciously insert him into a Tyrone team without attempting to get Fear on Srath Ban, O Neill, Lobbied and on my side to back the selection up.  Cheeky But I like your style. :)

Right there RRHF, Niall Gormley maybe, but not Niall Mc Ginn, just yet...  ;)

loughshore lad

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 29, 2007, 02:22:30 PM
interesting Ill make a prediction now that before the enn of the season therell be 3 Donaghmore men, 3 omagh men, 2 Dromore men, 3 Moy men 2 Clann na gael men all on the one team whilst theres only 1 Ballygawley and carmen man.  How the balance of power is shifting.   

I will make a prediction also, if RRHF's prediction comes true I predict it wont be a very long year!

realredhandfan

Tell horse he owes me a new plasma

loughshore lad

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 29, 2007, 03:09:51 PM
Tell horse he owes me a new plasma

Some people have very short memories. At the end of the day and reguardless of what has transpired over the last few years no one can dispute that in 2003 Horse played a huge role in what was the most significant year in Tyrones football history. He may have gone off the boil since but in 2003 he was one of the key men.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Conor Gormley broken thumb so is out fot several weeks :)