All Ireland tickets

Started by ck, September 18, 2012, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I am probably over simplifying the problem here but in my eyes most (not all) of the people who go to games regular manage to get tickets for the final through their clubs.
Of course there were those who aren't part of a club any more or are like me live in Dublin or Belfast now and tend to get their tickets elsewhere for the whole season.
So the GAA came out with the season ticket which promised those an AI final ticket if they're team get to the final. So that in my eyes has rewarded those who have went for that option and who support their county all year long

To me the simple problem is those fans (and I include my own syblings and inlaws) who watch me and others go to games all year long and almost snigger at you driving hundreds of miles to support your team but then when it comes to semi final and final days they then jump on the bandwagon. They throw up all these arguments like why should the Clare hurler manager of the U12's get  a ticket before me for the Donegal v Mayo game. Surely I've more right to that ticket that they have as its not even their own county.
In my eyes there are too many 'fans' who don't bother their hole going to anything all year from year to year but when they make it to the AI final they fly home from NYC and Sydney expecting a ticket & often getting one just cos they know the right people.

I still don't have one and it doesn't look like I will get one. I think I'll go and watch it in the skylon.
Where is the banquet for Donegal?

magpie seanie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 20, 2012, 11:11:13 AM
Quote from: clareman on September 20, 2012, 11:04:46 AM
Hurling related but sentiment applies to football too..

I'm a club member in Clare. I train teams, have held various positions on the club executive and do what I can for my club when I can. No more or less than thousands of others throughout the country.
Bar my club getting to a county final, the all Ireland final is the highlight of my year. It is a unique occasion in one of the most spectacular stadiums in the world. I go every year and I would defy anyone to tell me, or the thousands like me, that I shouldn't be there.

The system isn't perfect but it's damn good. Clubs get the vast majority of tickets and rightly so. The season ticket system, while not perfect, looks after the county supporter who goes to games all year round. Anyone else who supports their county consistently will automatically have a good base and contact list built up to source a ticket. You will see hardly any, if any, really genuine supporter not source a ticket at some stage.

Just my tuppence worth!
i agree 100% with this.
you always hear the stories this time of year about joe Bloggs who follows the county to every game ,national league and everything, but isnt a member of a club and cant get a all ireland final ticket.
while this may happen occasionally, i would say that it is rare and these people are in the a minority
for the most part if you are a regualar follower of your county, you will get a ticket.

This is 100% correct. Often the "genuine supporter" who has no ticket is playing the poor mouth cos he needs another ticket to get his Mammy or some relation a ticket. I hear anyone who is a club member in Donegal got a ticket. For those that aren't (and I'd ask why? - surely if you have an interest in something you could throw your local club €50 or so a year for all the bloody work they do in your community) there's the season ticket scheme.

Another problem is those who despite not really being interested 99% of the time expect someone to rock up to their door with a bunch of tickets wrapped in a bow for them.

The ticket distribution system mightn't be perfect but it's not all that bad really.

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: emainmacha on September 20, 2012, 10:34:35 AM
Don't see this levy mentioned anywhere but may have missed it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-19645927

Personally I don't like this, ok it is expensive to run a county team but it is also expensive to follow one, and I don't think it is right that when the ball is at the County Boards foot  :P they take advantage by increasing the price of the ticket.
Although the money is going to upkeep of team, is there much difference from the tout making money on ticket?
And those supporters buying outside the County will not be paying this levy

Stick on a fiver surely!!.. I mean the genuine Donegal or Mayo fan wont care, an All-Ireland final day with your county would mean a hell of alot more than €85!.. And sure for all the bandwaggoners, well you wont be seeing them til mid July of next year anyway so they`re fair game for a wee dig!.

johng

clareman

Even though people have paid for these premium tickets upfront I'm quite sure that the terms and conditions do not allow them to sell the tickets on anywhere except the croke park ticket exchange website. These people should be highlighted to Croke Park and have tickets cancelled.

Canalman

Alot of sensible posts here.

Truth be told if the ticket allocation was restricted to "dyed in the wool supporters" both county boards would be returning tickets to Croke Park.

As for the ticket levy I think if it was solely for the holiday fund for players there would be no complaints except from the usual moaning minnies quickdialling Joe Duffy.

Goldengreen

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 20, 2012, 12:13:28 PM
I am probably over simplifying the problem here but in my eyes most (not all) of the people who go to games regular manage to get tickets for the final through their clubs.
Of course there were those who aren't part of a club any more or are like me live in Dublin or Belfast now and tend to get their tickets elsewhere for the whole season.
So the GAA came out with the season ticket which promised those an AI final ticket if they're team get to the final. So that in my eyes has rewarded those who have went for that option and who support their county all year long

To me the simple problem is those fans (and I include my own syblings and inlaws) who watch me and others go to games all year long and almost snigger at you driving hundreds of miles to support your team but then when it comes to semi final and final days they then jump on the bandwagon. They throw up all these arguments like why should the Clare hurler manager of the U12's get  a ticket before me for the Donegal v Mayo game. Surely I've more right to that ticket that they have as its not even their own county.
In my eyes there are too many 'fans' who don't bother their hole going to anything all year from year to year but when they make it to the AI final they fly home from NYC and Sydney expecting a ticket & often getting one just cos they know the right people.

I still don't have one and it doesn't look like I will get one. I think I'll go and watch it in the skylon.
Where is the banquet for Donegal?

Burlington Hotel

Syferus

Quote from: johng on September 20, 2012, 12:36:35 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170912563185?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

There's people selling premium level tickets on ebay..i'd kill for ticket myself!!

So you joined up to just randomly link to one of dozens of touts trying to gouge people?  ::)

Look, it's unlikely you're dumb enough to post the seat numbers and get caught now that it's been so publicised that Croke Park are cancelling tickets, but at least tell us how you square away having access to tickets for such a communally important game for an amateur, not-for-profit sporting organisation and then trying to milk fans for as much cash as you can get? Why not just pass them on at cost and show and give them to one of the hundreds of people who go to games week in and week out and don't have a ticket for the game?

aontroim

Quote from: RMDrive on September 20, 2012, 09:00:10 PM

The attempted effort to conceal the seat location and from whose allocation it came is top class  ;D

mylestheslasher

You know a fair weather supporter when they ask you is there any chance of you helping them get tickets for the all Ireland, they need 7!! I heard that in mayo during the week.

The Worker

The4ps

Anyone know what corporate ticket get you on match day???

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 20, 2012, 10:34:14 PM
You know a fair weather supporter when they ask you is there any chance of you helping them get tickets for the all Ireland, they need 7!! I heard that in mayo during the week.

Heard it myself as well 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001