All Ireland tickets

Started by ck, September 18, 2012, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Anyone here with spare All Ireland tickets please pm me. I'm desperate.

theticklemister

a boy who i know,a big celtic fan in fact, whose last donegal match was against Derry in the first round in 2008 in Ballbofey has got a ticket and he is heading down on a Friday and is making a whole weekend out of it.............................. just saying thats all.

w**ker

Syferus

Arrah if ye are throwing your hats in the ring I might as well. Surely having to live near Ballagh in the aftermath of a Mayo All-Ireland final is enough for someone to take pity on me and the oul' man?

ck

Just to rub salt in the wounds.. I know a Donegal man who got 8 Hogan stand tickets for him, his family and a few work colleagues. He's not a football fan, he's not a GAA man and his last Donegal game was the AIF in 1992. He got his tickets on both occasions through sponsors. Messed up or what!

Gaffer

It was the same panic last year with Dublin and Kerry. Tickets were like gold dust etc etc. Tickets will turn up. It happened with Tyrone on the three occasions.  Last year about 2pm  I saw a geezer standing outside Quinns with 5 tickets in his hand looking to shift and when I left his company after 10 minutes he had 4 left. I never heard of anyone going to Dublin for an AIF and failing to get a ticket.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

cadence

lad i know offered to swap with someone who had two aif tickets for the same to all celtic's champions league home games... fella has sold aif tickets instead. 

prewtna

the whole system is a joke.

but it is being made worse by the Cairde MaighEo thing. i understand why the Co Board set it up and its probably not a terrible idea, but all its doing is reducing the allocation to the clubs by in excess of 1200.

our allocation is way down when compared to 2006 and being involved in allocating them among our club members is proving the most stressful thing i have done this year.

Its a shite job, a shite situation and a shite system.

i am a huge mayo fan, but i hope to god there isnt a replay - its not worth the hassle, stress, late nights and abuse. f**k me the abuse is chronic, all sorts of allegations of keeping huge bundles of tickets for ourselves - for feck sake - there isnt a huge bundle in the first place.

the GAA - i thank you for the worlds worst system of selling tickets to the years most important match. God almighty, there must be a better way of doing it than this.

cadence

still no ticket here, the quest continues. potential for people to get upset and fall out. celtic tickets lad has fallen out with the other lad who sold his aif tickets on. poor return for past favours as well being the argument. it's aif ticket rage! 

ck

Quote from: prewtna on September 19, 2012, 10:24:09 AM

but it is being made worse by the Cairde MaighEo thing. i understand why the Co Board set it up and its probably not a terrible idea, but all its doing is reducing the allocation to the clubs by in excess of 1200.

our allocation is way down when compared to 2006 and being involved in allocating them among our club members is proving the most stressful thing i have done this year.

i am a huge mayo fan, but i hope to god there isnt a replay - its not worth the hassle, stress, late nights and abuse. f**k me the abuse is chronic, all sorts of allegations of keeping huge bundles of tickets for ourselves - for feck sake - there isnt a huge bundle in the first place.

the GAA - i thank you for the worlds worst system of selling tickets to the years most important match. God almighty, there must be a better way of doing it than this.

If there is a replay then the counties will double there alloction as the chronies and club chairman who havent missed an AIF in 17 years usually t go to the replay. In saying that, I cant see a replay being needed. Donegal by 7 points

Crete Boom

Quote from: ck on September 19, 2012, 11:26:04 AM
Quote from: prewtna on September 19, 2012, 10:24:09 AM

If there is a replay then the counties will double there alloction as the chronies and club chairman who havent missed an AIF in 17 years usually t go to the replay. In saying that, I cant see a replay being needed. Donegal by 7 points

Probably should have kept that last prediction a little more subtle if you were looking for any charity from any Mayomen ;D. Good luck in your search as I'm in the same boat and I hope you get sorted. The Kilmacud sevens is always a good source as well if you can get to it.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2012, 12:27:22 AM
Arrah if ye are throwing your hats in the ring I might as well. Surely having to live near Ballagh in the aftermath of a Mayo All-Ireland final is enough for someone to take pity on me and the oul' man?

If ye have any self respect as Ros fans ye'll keep a million miles away from this game and all associated rhubarbness  >:( >:( >:( >:(
I just hope we all keep our dignity on Monday night- if/when these bucks are trailing Sam through the sacred land for which so many Ros men have given their all - by ignoring the unholy procession.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2012, 11:51:15 AM
Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2012, 12:27:22 AM

If ye have any self respect as Ros fans ye'll keep a million miles away from this game and all associated rhubarbness  >:( >:( >:( >:(
I just hope we all keep our dignity on Monday night- if/when these bucks are trailing Sam through the sacred land for which so many Ros men have given their all - by ignoring the unholy procession.

The sad part is you're not even half joking.

ballymac

Something that those who are busy trying to get their hands on tickets won't appreciate, but the current system isn't that bad. The only thing that I would say is that the teams in the final should be given more of an initial allocation.

Look at how and where the GAA are trying to allocate the tickets to. This is the show piece that everyone wants to get to, and if you are a member of a club, and more so, an active member of that club, then you will probably be rewarded with a ticket. However, people who claim to be the county's best fan going with the family to every challenge game, NL ETC does not entitle you to a ticket. Is that fair? I'd say it is.

The county team is supported by the clubs of that county and the volunteers who support the clubs (coaches, committee members, sandwich makers etc ) should be given first refusal. The 'money men' will be looked after through sponsors 10yr tickets etc and the touts (no one should buy a ticket of a tout). The system works, everyone knows how the system works so work the system.
If I was a Donegal supporter I would be making my way to the local club and joining with a view to becoming an active member to ensure that I get my ticket for the coming all irelands that surely they are going to compete in.

You see if people do that the clubs will become stronger, better supported so that the county team can be supported and become stronger, and you think the current system is flawed, HQ DOESN'T.

That's only my opinion and is worth what you paid for it!  :D

Don Johnson

Did everyone see these tickets that have been sold for 460?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x2-All-Ireland-Football-Final-Tickets-Donegal-v-Mayo-/170911639741?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27cb20a8bd#ht_500wt_1203

When you could click on the pic one of them said Antrim Treasurer on the stub.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 19, 2012, 01:16:06 PM
Did everyone see these tickets that have been sold for 460?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x2-All-Ireland-Football-Final-Tickets-Donegal-v-Mayo-/170911639741?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27cb20a8bd#ht_500wt_1203

When you could click on the pic one of them said Antrim Treasurer on the stub.

Antrim have cancelled those tickets, so they are worthless. See the other thread about the final.