2012 county hurling championships

Started by joe bloggs, September 16, 2012, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well they have history, having won it before. Who do they meet in Munster?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Thurles Sarsfields in the first round, but it's below in Kilmallock.

Milltown Row2

Yeah fancy them for that, Munster haven't had a decent team since Newtownshandrum so maybe they will lift the standards a bit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bp

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 16, 2012, 12:33:06 PM

Is it in Kilmallock ?..... thought I read someplace that it was on in the GGs.
I'd still fancy Thurles against them - regardless of venue.

AZOffaly

It was supposed to be Kilmallock anyway...From the Tipp website "Sarsfields now have a tough challenge ahead in the AIB Munster club hurling championship when they take on Limerick champions, Kilmallock in Kilmallock onSunday October 28."

bp

I just checked munster.gaa, it is indeed on in Kilmallock, a big motivation for them to do well in their own field.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2012, 12:37:15 PM
Yeah fancy them for that, Munster haven't had a decent team since Newtownshandrum so maybe they will lift the standards a bit

Are you insinuating that Na Piarsaigh weren't a good team Milltown?

The bodies will be onto you!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 17, 2012, 11:28:16 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2012, 12:37:15 PM

Are you insinuating that Na Piarsaigh weren't a good team Milltown?

The bodies will be onto you!!

I said it before they played  and the year before also, that the Munster teams have been poor, Newtownshandrum were hammered in the last final by Portumna, De La Salle should have been beat by Cushendall the rest haven't really been any good. Not Loughgiels fault, club standards have dropped in Munster just.

laoislad

Rathdowney won the Laois County Final replay today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Lecale2

johnneycool

homeofhurling8

Quote from: bp on October 16, 2012, 04:53:54 PM

Tipped on down to the game on Sunday for a gander, Sars were in charge from the start imo, Killmallock pulled it back a couple of times but Sars always seemed on the verge of cutting loose, their scores seemed to come a lot handier than Kilmallocks did but what made the journey worthwhile was the performance of Paudie Maher at centre back for Sars, he was incredible, it was the finest display by a Tipp man in a club game since the golden days of Johnny Leahy in the late eighties/early nineties imho, next up for Sars are their namesakes from Cork in Tom Semples field in the semi.

johnneycool

Quote from: homeofhurling8 on October 30, 2012, 10:53:48 AM
Quote from: bp on October 16, 2012, 04:53:54 PM

Tipped on down to the game on Sunday for a gander, Sars were in charge from the start imo, Killmallock pulled it back a couple of times but Sars always seemed on the verge of cutting loose, their scores seemed to come a lot handier than Kilmallocks did but what made the journey worthwhile was the performance of Paudie Maher at centre back for Sars, he was incredible, it was the finest display by a Tipp man in a club game since the golden days of Johnny Leahy in the late eighties/early nineties imho, next up for Sars are their namesakes from Cork in Tom Semples field in the semi.

Do you not think this home/away format for the club championship is outdated and all club games should be played in Thurles?

GalwayBayBoy

In the Galway semi-finals last weekend played in monsoon conditions

Loughrea 1-12 beat Turloughmore 0-7

Gort 0-9 drew St. Thomas 0-9

Loughrea too experienced for a young Turloughmore team. Plus the conditions probably suited them more.

Gort and St Thomas have to replay and a wedding for one of the Loughrea players may now put back the county final until late November.

Lecale2

Why would ye put back a county final for a wedding?