Spillane 'attacked' by Donegal fans

Started by Any craic, September 06, 2012, 01:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

RTE should have some sort of security for their pundits/personalities coming out of Croker. They are easy fodder for lads with drink.

OakleafCounty

It's been coming for a long time. I was in his bar a couple of times and thought he was a sound man and a legend of the game. But if you openly insult people as much as he has done then you should expect it. Simple! No doubt Brolly is due a slap at some stage too.

Shamrock Shore

I am sure it's all on CCTV so if the Gardai could be bothered they'll locate the culprits.
But aren't half the Guards from Donegal?

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 06, 2012, 03:15:08 PM
RTE should have some sort of security for their pundits/personalities coming out of Croker. They are easy fodder for lads with drink.

No, RTE should stop encouraging it's pundits in all sports to stop being so insulting and controversial for the sake of it. 

GalwayBayBoy

Hmmm....some veering dangerously close to the "he deserved a few slaps" mindset.

Criticism of a football team on television whether valid or not doesn't mean you are entitled to throw a few digs at the person as they walk down a public road.

Conallach

Reminds me of yer man punching Alex Ferguson in the balls in a train station in London a year or two ago.

Yeah, you might hold him up as soon sort of cartoon villain but at the end of the day, you're assaulting a man of retirement age in public. If that's something you think is acceptable, then that's a shame.

You'll never be short of a few idiots though. Terrible behaviour, imo.

deiseach

I'm appalled by that article, when will they ever learn? Co Donegal is NOT the same thing as Tír Chonaill! Was there something else?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Outrageous, that Spillane was capable of walking away after that 'assault', talk about a job half-done!  :P ;)

Seriously,  there can be no excuse for the like of that, ever, well beyond the boundaries.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Aristo 60

Hope the ruffians display the same 'courage' to burst through the security guys and garda if they need to at the final whistle.

Not right to take it out on Pat though, he's beat up enough in the studio.

Jell 0 Biafra

Let he who has never wanted to give Spillane a slap cast the first stone.

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2012, 02:36:38 PM
By the way, why is the word 'attacked' in quotes in the thread title?

Probably due to some thinking that its only blanket defending they do up North.

rosnarun

hard to believe the equivocation going on here . then again with so many ulster posters i suppose the are not 'into the Politics of condemnation'
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: rosnarun on September 06, 2012, 04:38:22 PM
hard to believe the equivocation going on here . then again with so many ulster posters i suppose the are not 'into the Politics of condemnation'
Who are all these Ulster posters you are referring to?

Stall the Bailer

Pat may come out with some stupid remarks, but no one should be attacked like this.

EC Unique

Quote from: OakleafCounty on September 06, 2012, 03:21:09 PM
It's been coming for a long time. I was in his bar a couple of times and thought he was a sound man and a legend of the game. But if you openly insult people as much as he has done then you should expect it. Simple! No doubt Brolly is due a slap at some stage too.

'expect it' and 'due a slap' WTF do you mean by that?

No matter what is said in a TV studio about a GAME of football nobody should 'expect' a 'slap'.

>:(