Gilroy is Gone

Started by Any craic, September 05, 2012, 08:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Pat Gilroy has quit the Dubs

Donnellys Hollow

Jim Gavin to replace him maybe?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Tubberman

Jason Ryan if they go for an outsider?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

omagh_gael

rodney trotter

It isn't a major surprise. He wasn't certain that he would carry on last year after the All Ireland win due to his work commitments, so I didn't think there was much chance he would give it another lash next year. He done a great job with the Dubs.

Jim Gavin is suppose to be the fav to get it, with Dessie Farrell taking over the u21's. I wonder will Gavin have them training at 7 in the morning aswell..

ross4life

As expected. Gilroy owes the Dubs nothing did his time & deserves a break. Jim Gavin looks odds on to replace him but with another good U21 team next year they will need a good replacement maybe Dessie Farrell?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ballinaman

ardchieftain

The Dubs should get Paddy O'Rourke.

heffo

Thanks for the efforts Pat, four years is a lifetime in IC mgt now for anyone who isn't a teacher.

Jim Gavin will be the next man if he is able to take it work-wise.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: heffo on September 05, 2012, 09:05:30 PM
Thanks for the efforts Pat, four years is a lifetime in IC mgt now for anyone who isn't a teacher.

Jim Gavin will be the next man if he is able to take it work-wise.

Work wise, I dont think it will work for him

Im feeling it maybe Dessie ......................................................... Geezer might be seen sniffing around  ;)

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

James Gatz

What's Jim Gavin like? Surely anyone they take in will be a step down from Gilroy?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Fair play to Gilroy he did a great job whilst at the helm, however this year was poor, torrid league and lost Sundays game on the line....................Mickey Whelan was sorely missed this year

orangeman

Personally I thought big Pat was brilliant with the Dubs.

He reached the holy grail last year and made Dublin a team that were notoriously hard to beat.

Any time I seen him or heard him, he was an absolute gentleman.

Shamrock Shore

Yes. Gilroy was good for the Dubs. Got rid of that Pillar bollixoligy of Dubs marching on the hill and all that soccer type shite. I'd imagine he couldn't do the juggle anymore and decided that he had enough and that it would be impolite to outstay the welcome.

Like all big counties I am sure that there was all sorts of shenningans going on in the background since the exit on Sunday with lads lining up to sharpen the knives.

Cannot say who will take the hotseat - I cannot see Dubs looking beyond the county. But for sheer divvilment I'd love to see Banty turn up in Parnell Park with a bag-of-balls and a CV under the oxter.