Lawlessness on Island off Donegal

Started by drici, August 30, 2012, 09:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2012, 01:18:14 PM
When I was a young lad of 17 I bought my first car,a 1990 Toyota Starlet, which had a full 1.1 litres of pure power.
After I had paid for the car and insurance, which actually cost more than the car!, I had enough left over to buy a cool set of hubcaps for my new wagon.
I bought the hubcaps one Saturday morning and that night I went out on the tear in Kilkenny and probably shifted a Camogie player or two.
Anyway I got separated from the rest of my mates and the guy I was suppose to be staying with probably due to me staying too long with one of the Camogie players, and as there was no such things as mobile phones back then had no way of contacting them so I had to end up sleeping in my car that night.
So I slept in the car and the following morning woke up and went across to the nearby petrol station to grab a hangover busting bottle of Lucozade and a packet of King Crisps.
On the way back to the car I noticed something didn't seem right, it took be a second to figure out some b**tard had robbed me fecking new hubcaps and to make it worse had robbed them while I was asleep in the passenger seat!
They were defo on it when I got back to the car the night before as I remember looking at them and thinking how shit hot they looked on my cool as f**k Starlet.
Muppet  8)

Nally Stand

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 30, 2012, 10:24:47 PM
Very disappointing that this should happen on Arranmore! It was always crime free.

It's wheelie bad news alright.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gaffer

Went to the Gaeltacht on Aranmore Island many moons ago.

Remember attempting sexual assault on a doll from Kilkeel after a ceili  one night about 10 seconds after she let me snog her while walking her back to her gaff!!!

So crime is nothing new on the Island.    Move on.   
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

theticklemister

Quote from: Gaffer on August 31, 2012, 12:32:45 AM

Remember attempting sexual assault on a doll from Kilkeel after a ceili  one night about 10 seconds after she let me snog her while walking her back to her gaff!!!

That crime is being reopened after hub-gate. You are fucked!!!

The other crime to be looked into:-

All the sheep shagging cases are being reopened (everybody on the island are suspects)

Lecale2

You deserve a medal for trying that with a girl from Kilkeel. Were you in hospital long?

LeoMc

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 31, 2012, 01:32:24 PM

You deserve a medal for trying that with a girl from Kilkeel. Were you in hospital the clinic long?
fixed that

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2012, 01:18:14 PM
When I was a young lad of 17 I bought my first car,a 1990 Toyota Starlet, which had a full 1.1 litres of pure power.
After I had paid for the car and insurance, which actually cost more than the car!, I had enough left over to buy a cool set of hubcaps for my new wagon.
I bought the hubcaps one Saturday morning and that night I went out on the tear in Kilkenny and probably shifted a Camogie player or two.
Anyway I got separated from the rest of my mates and the guy I was suppose to be staying with probably due to me staying too long with one of the Camogie players, and as there was no such things as mobile phones back then had no way of contacting them so I had to end up sleeping in my car that night.
So I slept in the car and the following morning woke up and went across to the nearby petrol station to grab a hangover busting bottle of Lucozade and a packet of King Crisps.
On the way back to the car I noticed something didn't seem right, it took be a second to figure out some b**tard had robbed me fecking new hubcaps and to make it worse had robbed them while I was asleep in the passenger seat!
They were defo on it when I got back to the car the night before as I remember looking at them and thinking how shit hot they looked on my cool as f**k Starlet.

spare us from your rubbish you boring shitehawk

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

cuconnacht

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 30, 2012, 10:24:47 PM
Very disappointing that this should happen on Arranmore! It was always crime free.
Would that have been when no one lived there or the first patrol
laoislad ya dozy ejit,I put them back under the car!We had a midnight picnic and had no plates,didnt put them back on coz didnt want ta wake ya ;)

Bud Wiser

An ould newspaper reporter told me a good few years ago that at one time there were only 2 people on the island who owned cars, one owned a ford granada and the other a transit van and one night the two of them crashed into each other and made pure shite of each others motor propelled vechicles and because they had no insurance, or could get no insurance the row between them went on for years.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ONeill

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 01, 2012, 10:23:37 AM
An ould newspaper reporter told me a good few years ago that at one time there were only 2 people on the island who owned cars, one owned a ford granada and the other a transit van and one night the two of them crashed into each other and made pure shite of each others motor propelled vechicles and because they had no insurance, or could get no insurance the row between them went on for years.

Haha!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Quote from: theticklemister on August 31, 2012, 12:50:16 PM

That crime is being reopened after hub-gate. You are fucked!!!

The other crime to be looked into:-

All the sheep shagging cases are being reopened (everybody on the island are suspects)

But I wasn t fucked !!!!! That was the problem !!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

drici

Quote from: hardstation on September 01, 2012, 02:33:58 PM
Sure some bastid stole the ferry a couple of years ago. Mad place. No peelers (usually).

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/stolen-island-ferry-is-retrieved-after-highspeed-chase-1759346.html

Stolen island ferry is retrieved after high-speed chase
Wednesday June 03 2009

A HIGH-speed chase got under way on the high seas yesterday morning after a passenger ferry was stolen from the pier of an off-shore island.

A man was arrested and detained for questioning by gardai after the ferry beached near the Co Donegal port of Burtonport, less than an hour after it was reported missing from Arranmore Island.

Owner Seamus Boyle noticed that the Realt na Maidne (Morning Star) ferry was missing when he arrived at the pier at 7.20am to launch the vessel on its daily commute to the mainland. He immediately made the short journey to Burtonport on a back-up ferry where he raised the alarm.

Coastguard

Emergency services, including the Malin Head coastguard, a Coastguard helicopter and Arranmore lifeboat, were tasked to the scene.

Back on the island, Mr Boyle's wife, Louise, spotted the missing ferry while scanning the surrounding seas with high-powered binoculars.

"I suddenly spotted the ferry away in the distance. It might have been up to six or seven miles away. It was moving quite leisurely at the time," she said.

Mr Boyle's business partner, Martin Gallagher, and two members of the Arranmore lifeboat crew boarded a dinghy and set off after the missing ferry.

"They got to within about 500 yards of the Realt na Maidne and whoever was on board must have spotted them then for he just put the foot down and the ferry disappeared off behind a peninsula," said Louise.

Onlookers then watched as the dinghy gained on the ferry.

"He rammed the pursuing dinghy and then hit a rock while going in and out of rocks before beaching the ferry and making a run for it. But he was caught by some local boys who held him until the gardai arrived," explained Mr Boyle.

A man in his thirties was arrested at the scene and gardai at Glenties where Jim McGuinness who wins matches is from have confirmed that a file will be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

The ferry has been damaged and will be out of commission for some time.