Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

From memory TG drives a Focus

So how many miles did you get out of your clutch TG? Heard that the focus was fond of chewing clutches?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on August 07, 2014, 02:35:00 PM

So how many miles did you get out of your clutch TG? Heard that the focus was fond of chewing clutches?

Would that not depend on a few things, i.e. type of driving you're doing, urban, commute etc, etc and how fond you were of riding the f**k out of the thing!

Tony Baloney

I got about 80k from mine before the flywheel went.

BennyCake

Re: rattles/noises in the car. One way to sort them all out - turn up the radio!!

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on August 07, 2014, 02:38:12 PM

Would that not depend on a few things, i.e. type of driving you're doing, urban, commute etc, etc and how fond you were of riding the f**k out of the thing!

Of course...but I'd heard that the focus and the civic needed changing quicker than they should compared to other vehicles doing similar driving.

I got 150k out of my 05 vectra before changing. Fair few motorway miles in that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

billabong

GJL, (or anyone else for that matter) do you do any respraying of cars or do you know how much it would cost? Its a Saab and the patch that needs resprayed following a knock is no bigger that the size of a big hand? Mid Ulster area

GJL

Quote from: billabong on August 15, 2014, 08:46:30 AM
GJL, (or anyone else for that matter) do you do any respraying of cars or do you know how much it would cost? Its a Saab and the patch that needs resprayed following a knock is no bigger that the size of a big hand? Mid Ulster area

I don't do it my self but my cousin does. The size does not matter as you need to do the whole panel at least and depending on colour you might need to blow into the next panel to get a good colour match. £150 - £200 for a professional job. I'm sure some boyo could do it cheaper but you very much get what you pay for in this game.

billabong

GJL, what's he called or where is he based? cheers

GJL

general

has any1 had any problems with mini one's? the alarm is going on when i try to start the car, the driver door is locked in and out so you cant use the door. any ideas? only bought 4 months ago and hurst arent standing over it

GJL

Quote from: general on September 01, 2014, 03:21:40 PM
has any1 had any problems with mini one's? the alarm is going on when i try to start the car, the driver door is locked in and out so you cant use the door. any ideas? only bought 4 months ago and hurst arent standing over it

Go straight to Hursts and tell them you know your rights. They MUST stand over any issues under the sale of goods act. Don't let them wriggle out of it.

general

Quote from: GJL on September 01, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

Go straight to Hursts and tell them you know your rights. They MUST stand over any issues under the sale of goods act. Don't let them wriggle out of it.

they give us 6 months warranty. after 1 month we had to get the steering column replaced & 2 pads and now they are saying if its a wiring issue they aren't standing over it. i cant see it being anything but a wiring issue.

GJL

Quote from: general on September 01, 2014, 03:50:11 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 01, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

they give us 6 months warranty. after 1 month we had to get the steering column replaced & 2 pads and now they are saying if its a wiring issue they aren't standing over it. i cant see it being anything but a wiring issue.

It matters not if it is a wiring issue they MUST stand over it. Mention Trading Standards to them and watch them jump!

Zip Code

I cannot get my front wheel off my toyota to change it - i have the nuts off, I have it up but the thing won't budge - any clues?

Hereiam

Tap of the sledge will sort that problem out.