On The Pitch Celebrations

Started by Feckitt, August 29, 2012, 01:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

It's time for Donegal fans to seriously consider how to beat the blanket defence of the stewarts and bouncers in Croke Park.  This is probably best discussed off this board so as not to give away the best ways of getting on the field.  It is 10 years since Armagh brought Croke Park back to the people it is now time for Donegal to do it again.

optimus cheese

Here here. I would say a few pairs of scissors to cut through the mesh fence the stormtroopers hold up would create enough gaps to power through

An Gaeilgoir

i know defeat in the AI final will be hard to take, but surely ye can wait ten minutes to see Mayo lift Sam!!!!! ;D

BennyCake

If Donegal win, and I think they will, nobody will stop the fans going onto the pitch. It's disgusting and degrading the way fans are hounded in for the presentation anyway. It's like something from Guantanamo Bay.

Denn Forever

Has anyone asked the players? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

What do the players matter, as long as pot-belly-small-jersey can rampage wherever he pleases?

But sorry lads, you will NOT get on the pitch. That's a fact.

endk17

Pick a weak point in the guard i.e. Concentrate on one particular point around the pitch and overload them with loads of fans. This is one sure way, as if one guard is broken then pressure will come on others.

If Donegal are lucky enough to lift Sam, I fully expect for the fans to be on the pitch.

Feckitt

Quote from: Hardy on August 29, 2012, 03:46:35 PM

I don't accept that bullshit.  Donegal boys need to think about this seriously, and come up with a strategy to get on there.  It would only take a few to get on the field for the floodgates to open.  I object to the civilisation process that HQ are trying to push.   The GAA is not soccer or Rugby.  It is for the people and by the people.  If Donegal don't make it on the field, then no-one ever will, and on pitch celebrations could be lost forever.  That would be a shame.

RMDrive

There were more Donegal people in CP on Sunday than will be there for the AIF, yet there was no pitch invasion. Anyway, talk of pitch invasions by Donegal is a load of bollocks. You'd swear there was no AI final to play at all.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Hardy on August 29, 2012, 03:46:35 PM
What do the players matter, as long as pot-belly-small-jersey can rampage wherever he pleases?

Dublin your tip for the All Ireland.

deiseach

I doubt ye'll be able to get on the pitch. If they managed to keep the Dubs off last year then I think it's fair to say they've got it sorted - more's the pity

laoislad

Quote from: endk17 on August 29, 2012, 04:02:56 PM

Pick a weak point in the guard i.e. Concentrate on one particular point around the pitch and overload them with loads of fans. This is one sure way, as if one guard is broken then pressure will come on others.

Don't suppose you ever heard of Hillsborough have you?

I agree with Hardy.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

endk17

Quote from: laoislad on August 29, 2012, 04:51:09 PM

I agree with Hardy.

I'm defiantly not suggesting that this is what should happen but as the poster asked this is how I feel fans could get onto the pitch.

Yeah heard about the Hillsborough disaster but I am not fully sure if the exact details. I guess that's why Hill 16 now has a new perspex fencing. Whether or not it is right is up for debate, but if fans really want on the pitch I don't think it would be too hard to orchestrate.

deiseach

I agree with Hardy.

I fail to see the Hillsborough comparison.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on August 29, 2012, 05:32:14 PM

I agree with Hardy.

I fail to see the Hillsborough comparison.

Overload a particular area with fans.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.