All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

According to the Western People today James Horan is considering his position.

There was talk yesterday alright that he had to be persuaded not to step down on Saturday.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

cadence

yellowcard

Not much revealed in that programme that we didn't know already. No behind the scenes footage or the likes, the gagging policy is as strong as ever.

Aaron Boone

I enjoyed it, showed reaching Sam was a 2 season project. Brushed over the K Cassidy drama

Syferus

A vast step up on RTE's usual holiday recaps of the AI champions' season, this one getting access to the players, the manager as well as opposition players and managers.

The narration became far too over-written by the end though and the slow-motion stop-start effects they used for in-play sections was interesting but the sound effects they dubbed in made it look a tad silly. They really should have had the welcome home as part of the documentary proper and not the background to the credits because, as Jim said himself, it was the moment they were dreaming about.

It's not A Year 'Til Sunday in its level of access (this is Jimmy we're talking about, after all) or the quality of Reaching for Glory (a documentary on the Irish rugby team's 2007 season) but it's certainly going in the right direction and hopefully this year's AI champions get the same level of effort. Just sit down the producers in front of a few episodes of America's Game and we'll be rolling.

GalwayBayBoy

Not much to that really. Basically a highlights show interspersed with some talking head interviews that didn't really reveal too much. Any controversial moments quickly glossed over.

INDIANA

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 03, 2013, 11:39:06 PM
Not much to that really. Basically a highlights show interspersed with some talking head interviews that didn't really reveal too much. Any controversial moments quickly glossed over.

was largely crap in all honesty

theticklemister

Missed the night there.

Was kevin cassidy not interviewed??

cadence

it was poor enough. how these journos get away with showing a bit of footage and not giving proper analysis time and again is beyond me. would it not also be about the questions they ask the people involved in it too?

the best part of the show was the slow mo build up to the mcfadden goal in the final. never realised murphy had been that involved in it.

cadence

+ i liked hearing from the players, especially the magees. they all came across really well in fairness.

nowhere near enough analysis. but it is rte. they should've hired emmet ryan with a chalk board for ten minutes. emmet would sort it.

AQMP

Everyone talks about Donegal's low being the match against Armagh in Crossmaglen in the 2010 qualifiers.  Surely the real low was losing to Antrim at Ballybofey the year before ;)

catchandkick

Didn't think it was too bad.

One interesting feature was the way they seemed to use footage from camera phones during various celebrations that may have been posted on Youtube. Would they have had to contact those Donegal fans to use this material or can a TV station simply show Youtube footage without recourse?

What is America's Game referred to a few posts above?

cadence

Thought it was interesting last night Jim talking about there being times when tactics go out the window and it becomes about being resilient. I honestly think mayo are the team to beat this year. If we ever play them again they'll be that little bit further up the pitch and try to squeeze the life out of us and others too I'd put money on it.