All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 14, 2012, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on September 14, 2012, 09:14:23 AM
Quote from: drici on September 13, 2012, 10:31:05 PM

Heading to St Annes on the Saturday afternoon by public transport from Dublin centre. Anyone any idea of buses? - seems a good bit out of the town.

I'll probably be there as well on Saturday afternoon, if you bring your boots I'll get you a game!

I'd say he'd be as well to leave the boots and any other unnecessary luggage behind him.
While the 49 is the most convenient bus to take from the city centre, he'll still have over a mile of a walk to get to St Annes. (Use the Old Mill pub as the landmark to get off at Old Bawn.) The last bit is a fairly steep climb up from Bohernabreena Road to the club grounds.

Only a 5 minute wander (at that) from the Old Mill pub to St Anne's grounds . Don't be scaring him about steep climbs and over a mile walks.

seafoid

Anyone bored this afternoon - here is a good bit of what the indians call timepass

Mayo - Road To The 2012 Football Final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qsj-bEFpg

drici

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 14, 2012, 12:23:39 PM

The last bit is a fairly steep climb up from Bohernabreena Road to the club grounds.

Sure we'll hack the mile walk and the steep climb.

Harold Disgracey

St Annes is joining the All Ireland Weekend Celebrations by Hosting a Charity match between the 1992 Finalists Dublin and Donegal in Bohernabreena. 20 years on these 2 sides of 90's will battle it out for fun and for charity. 

The Curtain Raiser to this game is St Annes over 35's team v Tir Na Nog of Armaghs over 35 side. The over 35's game will take place at 4.30pm before the real action get sunder way between Dublin and Donegal at 6.15pm.

Admission is €5 and under 16's are free of charge. All proceeds go to Our Ladys Childrens Hospital Crumlin. There will be great live music in the club afterwards for what should round of fantastic day in the club for all.

Should be a good evening's craic.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: moysider on September 13, 2012, 10:38:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2012, 10:13:39 PM
Will you stop with the "no one is giving us a chance" whinging. You're impressing  no one.

whoever 'you' is, is still right though. Look at the current Paddy Power odds below. Fairly damning for final with 2 new teams. And I expect that very few media punters will even tolerate Mayo. They ll be running away from us again like they were before the Dub match. So what? Doesn t bother me. At the end of the day players have to turn up and perform.

23rd Sep 2012  15:30  Donegal v Mayo

Live betting on this event   Home  4/9  Draw15/2  Away5/2 

Well it seems to bother a lot of your fellow countymen.

And since when did odds at the bookies mean a whole lot in terms of chances in one-off game?

Yes, most pundits are predicting a Donegal win so far. That doesn't mean they're writing Mayo off or dismissing their chances. As with ourselves against Cork and Kerry... most went for the two Munster counties when they had to call it beforehand, but they all reckoned we'd give it a good shot and not too many were shocked when we pulled it off.

This poor mouth shite is almost as bad as the ridiculous feigned outrage at the "presumptiousness" of Letterkenny CoC trying to hijack the Donegal homecoming. Completely unsincere!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Any craic

See a Mark McHugh interview here, his thoughts on '92, his da, his style of play & Mayo. Plus a wee bit from the Creggan Ulster U-21 tournament & the Donegal SFC. http://tinyurl.com/9d7jj3j 

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2012, 04:36:39 PM
So who's giving the poor mouth?

Ok, poor choice of words maybe. More "woe are we, nobody rates us!" nonsense.

ballinaman

From the Bunker

Had a gander into the Mayo Senior Football team open evening at the back of Elverys MacHale Park. Organisation was a bit all over the place. But the mood was good and the players very accommodating to all youngsters. Although these things are a hindrance to preparation, It is good for youngsters to mingle with their county hero's. Especially as most if not nearly all will only see the final on television.

donegal lad

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2012, 08:20:18 PM
Had a gander into the Mayo Senior Football team open evening at the back of Elverys MacHale Park. Organisation was a bit all over the place. But the mood was good and the players very accommodating to all youngsters. Although these things are a hindrance to preparation, It is good for youngsters to mingle with their county hero's. Especially as most if not nearly all will only see the final on television.
Were many people t this just trying to compare what the buildup is like between both counties knw my mayo friends in college say better atmosphere in Donegal than mayo ahead of the final

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2012, 08:20:18 PM
when did the nonsense about elverys mchale park start? Was the archbishop's first name elverys?

moysider

Quote from: J70 on September 14, 2012, 05:53:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2012, 04:36:39 PM
So who's giving the poor mouth?

Ok, poor choice of words maybe. More "woe are we, nobody rates us!" nonsense.

It s hardly nonsense when its obviously true!

In the second semi the refs final whistle was hardly dry when Colm O Rourke proclaimed Donegal practically unbeatable. Brolly announced Donegal the real winner that day. Would those 2 have been as dismissive if it was Dublin, Cork, Kerry or even other counties that cant even make finals these days that were going to be playing Donegal? Not a chance.

Seeing these guys inform public opinion in the main then very few people will 'rate' Mayo. More informed public opinion (minority that know the game and think for themselves) will give Mayo a chance but they ll be in a small minority I suspect.

I d say that some Mayo people are annoyed by this lack of rating because it really translates into a lack of respect for football in the county. Personally it doesn t bother me and to be honest I can understand how this attitude has developed over the years. But to say that this is poor mouth or woe is nonesense. Anyway I wouldn t be bothered about our state of mind down here or the fact that the county is less than ecstatic about the final with 9 days to go. Enjoy the build up and the game.