All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: drici on September 05, 2012, 04:53:45 PM

2 each for the committee and raffle the other 30 among the members. ::)

Rossfan

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 05, 2012, 04:39:32 PM

Syferus was waffling about Athlone castle being in Roscommon I think. Then he went on to claim Paraig Pearses were in the Monksland area  ::) Maybe Rossfan or is it Rossman has a case.

I tould ye to ignore that buckeen  :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: J70 on September 05, 2012, 04:46:47 PM
Can't this shite go on a thread of its own?

No !.
Why should the Daniels ( if Longford can be Larries....) and the Rhubarbs be allowed have an All Irel Final without Sufferus ruinin it on ye ? ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

All-Ireland ticket breakdown for 2011

Any changes from the 2010 allocation are indicated in brackets.
County allocations: 58,401 (-604)
Provinces: 335 (-50)
Overseas: 470 (-29)
Central Council and former Presidents: 798 (-107)
Camogie: 120
Ladies' football: 150
Rounders and handball: 147 (-15)
Sponsors: 935 (-35)
Press: 254
TV and radio: 74
Schools and educational bodies: 2,229
3rd Level: 240 (-38)
Croke Park residents: 250
Match officials and national referees' panel: 103 (-5)
Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60 (-10)
Match day / Vertigo / minor teams: 148 (-52)
GAA staff and sub-committees: 718 (-93)
Jubilee teams: 68 (-69)
Mini-sevens: 244 (-2)
Term tickets: 4,144 (-11)
Season tickets: 1,884 (+1,120)
Total available for distribution: 71,772
Premium and corporate seating*: 10,528
Total capacity (as per planning permission): 82,300
* Premium seats are sold to individuals on a fixed basis of between one and ten years so aren't available for resale. Tickets for corporate boxes are the responsibility of the owners of those boxes.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Syferus

Syferus was waffling about Athlone castle being in Roscommon I think. Then he went on to claim Paraig Pearses were in the Monksland area  ::) Maybe Rossfan or is it Rossman has a case.

Because you decided to be an identikit smartarse, Croi, I'll prove my point. I expect that guff from Rosfan, but not from you.

Pearses stretches from pretty much Ballinsloe to about 9-10km from Monksland by road, less directly. I didn't say Pearses were in Monksland itself. What route out of Athlone does one take to get to Woodmount? I'll give you a hint - it begins with an M. Like everywhere else club boarders have become less important and there's not just Clann flags out the Monksland road, but that's beside the point.

If 10km isn't 'in the Monksland area', in a conversation centred on Athlone, then you are a pedantic as they come.

Moving on.

yoggie

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2012, 05:50:18 PM

Because you decided to be an identikit smartarse, Croi, I'll prove my point. I expect that guff from Rosfan, but not from you.

Pearses stretches from pretty much Ballinsloe to about 9-10km from Monksland by road, less directly. I didn't say Pearses were in Monksland itself. What route out of Athlone does one take to get to Woodmount? I'll give you a hint - it begins with an M. Like everywhere else club boarders have become less important and there's not just Clann flags out the Monksland road, but that's beside the point.

If 10km isn't 'in the Monksland area', in a conversation centred on Athlone, then you are a pedantic as they come.

Moving on.

Yes, lets move on. Its tough have a discussion when you twist it all to suit your atgument.

Back to the actual point, I see McGuiness has blasted the donegal county board for their homecoming argument. Fair play to him. Its tough enough prepare a team without that distraction. And its insulting to Mayo.

J70

It has nothing to do with Mayo. It's stupid internal politics blown up into a ridiculous national story. I doubt very much if Letterkenny CoC gave a second thought to Mayo or the game itself. They just want their piece of the pie, win or lose.

All those crying about this disrespect: are Mayo county board not making arrangements?

cadence

the anti-donegal spinmachine cometh, J70 manfully holding the line.

¡no pasaran!

seafoid

Quote from: mayo.mick on September 05, 2012, 05:47:41 PM
All-Ireland ticket breakdown for 2011

Any changes from the 2010 allocation are indicated in brackets.
County allocations: 58,401 (-604)
Provinces: 335 (-50)
Overseas: 470 (-29)
Central Council and former Presidents: 798 (-107)
Camogie: 120
Ladies' football: 150
Rounders and handball: 147 (-15)
Sponsors: 935 (-35)
Press: 254
TV and radio: 74
Schools and educational bodies: 2,229
3rd Level: 240 (-38)
Croke Park residents: 250
Match officials and national referees' panel: 103 (-5)
Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60 (-10)
Match day / Vertigo / minor teams: 148 (-52)
GAA staff and sub-committees: 718 (-93)
Jubilee teams: 68 (-69)
Mini-sevens: 244 (-2)
Term tickets: 4,144 (-11)
Season tickets: 1,884 (+1,120)
Total available for distribution: 71,772
Premium and corporate seating*: 10,528
Total capacity (as per planning permission): 82,300
* Premium seats are sold to individuals on a fixed basis of between one and ten years so aren't available for resale. Tickets for corporate boxes are the responsibility of the owners of those boxes.

There are a lot of empty corporate boxes in Croker these days.
Most of the corporations are banjaxed.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: J70 on September 05, 2012, 07:30:04 PM
It has nothing to do with Mayo. It's stupid internal politics blown up into a ridiculous national story. I doubt very much if Letterkenny CoC gave a second thought to Mayo or the game itself. They just want their piece of the pie, win or lose.

All those crying about this disrespect: are Mayo county board not making arrangements?

Well they must be. Because they plan on finishing up the county league programme in mid-December!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Redhand Santa

As mentioned by others its hard to know who to support in the final (always have to support someone in a game!). Normally I'd support the ulster team and have supported Donegal in the last few games. But its hard to cheer against Mayo. They've suffered so many bad days in finals over the last 23 years and are a good football county. They also gave Tyrone a great reception in 2004. And the bitter side of me says I shouldn't mind cheering against Donegal as their supporters were happy to cheer against Tyrone v Kildare a couple of years ago in a double header.

Having said all that its hard not to see Donegal winning this one. They just look so strong this year and in such great shape. However, teams have looked invincible before and been turned over in a final.

criostlinn

sure what preparation do you need to make for a homecoming.

Get an auld trailer and put the boys up on it.

I dont buy into all this rubbish about Donegal been over confident. I hope Mayo are the same. Isnt this the idea of all these head coaches. Sure what the hell is Kieran Shannon at if he isnt trying to build lads confidence up. He's hardly going around saying ye are shit in the hope that we end up less confident then Donegal and expecting to win because of this.

Mayo people are also going around on edge afraid to say we might win the game or even show any support for the team. Everybody telling us to avoid  the "hype" because this is what beat us before. Maybe if some of the experts in this field could put up a list of what exactly we can do it would be great. I have a load of sheep ready for painting but I want to get the amount right so as to avoid the "hype" going into overdrive. Do ye really think Cillian O Connor driving by a load of green and red sheep is thinking, fcuk Im so nervous now about this match.

Ill tell you what the real problem is here. Its typical good old Irish begrudgery. Everyone loves to see people fall flat on there face and if they fall after building themselves up a little even better again. Irish people hate to see anyone getting above there station. Sure them fellas think they are great altogether. And they cant wait until you come tumbling down. "Sure didnt I tell you". Them fellas got carried away with themselves.

Donegal or Mayo are not going to be complacent in this Final. How could they be. Both teams will respect each other and Im sure both sets of players will expect to beat the others. Fans will go wild in the build up, but thats part of it so lads stop coming on here putting down every poster with a bit of confidence in there team with  the usual sh1i of the "Mayo lads are getting carried away with themselves again" or "them Donegal lads are really setting themselves up for a fall".

Oh yeah. Mayo posters will ye every snap out of this beal bocht crap ye are going on with. Its the AI final for christ sake. Get behind the team and start to show a bit of faith. Ye are not codding anyone and its getting a bit tiresome now.

Rant over

trileacman

Quote from: criostlinn on September 05, 2012, 11:26:50 PM

I dont buy into all this rubbish about Donegal been over confident. I hope Mayo are the same. Isnt this the idea of all these head coaches. Sure what the hell is Kieran Shannon at if he isnt trying to build lads confidence up. He's hardly going around saying ye are shit in the hope that we end up less confident then Donegal and expecting to win because of this.

Mayo people are also going around on edge afraid to say we might win the game or even show any support for the team. Everybody telling us to avoid  the "hype" because this is what beat us before. Maybe if some of the experts in this field could put up a list of what exactly we can do it would be great. I have a load of sheep ready for painting but I want to get the amount right so as to avoid the "hype" going into overdrive. Do ye really think Cillian O Connor driving by a load of green and red sheep is thinking, fcuk Im so nervous now about this match.

Ill tell you what the real problem is here. Its typical good old Irish begrudgery. Everyone loves to see people fall flat on there face and if they fall after building themselves up a little even better again. Irish people hate to see anyone getting above there station. Sure them fellas think they are great altogether. And they cant wait until you come tumbling down. "Sure didnt I tell you". Them fellas got carried away with themselves.

Donegal or Mayo are not going to be complacent in this Final. How could they be. Both teams will respect each other and Im sure both sets of players will expect to beat the others. Fans will go wild in the build up, but thats part of it so lads stop coming on here putting down every poster with a bit of confidence in there team with  the usual sh1i of the "Mayo lads are getting carried away with themselves again" or "them Donegal lads are really setting themselves up for a fall".

Oh yeah. Mayo posters will ye every snap out of this beal bocht crap ye are going on with. Its the AI final for christ sake. Get behind the team and start to show a bit of faith. Ye are not codding anyone and its getting a bit tiresome now.

Rant over
That's a great post!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

Quote from: criostlinn on September 05, 2012, 11:26:50 PM

Rant over

I think you're taking the Internet a wee bit too seriously.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rosnarun

QuoteDo ye really think Cillian O Connor driving by a load of green and red sheep is thinking, fcuk Im so nervous now about this match.
actually yes
when he sees the sheep it brings home the fact that an All ireland final is much bigger than any other game he will ever play . people  that he knows personally and professionally and is related to who have no intrest in football will be watching him .
gobshites like Mchugh and brolly are just waiting for him to fail and turn the very mention of his name into a runnin National joke as 'Mayo Bomb again'
likewise in donegal you have polititions never seen at a match  scrapping for a place on the trailer and making sure Sam Maguire come to their rotten borroughs and all the talk in the slums of letterkeeny and carndonagh of their beloved Celtic Man U and Liverpool is replaced with people chatting football and tickets
Damn right the hype of making a final is nerve racking  and who ever deal with that best will have a good head start come AIF day ( or as is known in mayo GAME 5)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere