All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 04, 2012, 01:04:46 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 04, 2012, 01:32:00 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 04, 2012, 12:58:21 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 03, 2012, 11:56:41 PM

Finals are for club mafiosa and their families - many who couldn t be arse going to earlier rounds.

And neutrals who want to be there and then complain when Mayo don t give them value for money ;D ;D

Whatever about the club mafiosa etc it is an interesting point about who deserves tickets. The Mayo fan who has been to most of their championship games but isn't involved with a club or the U-12 coach who has been out with the kids every Saturday morning for the summer at the local pitch but can't go to games because of a young family etc. All things being equal it is the club man who wins in my book. But it is ridiculous how many tickets go to other counties who are not competing.

What about the man, who played underage up to minors at club level, then went to every Championship game and club game for years, then got back playing club in Dublin but only made matches when the club not playing, then switched back to Mayo Championship and League matches and some Dublin and some Mayo club matches, then went to club games in Aus and went to the pub to watch Mayo, then every championship and league match and most FBD and some challenge game, then back playing club in England, then random flying home for some matches. Do I deserve a ticket, not sure, I have done everytype of GAA fan at this stage of course all the while going to random county club matches, interpros, etc. I don't think any person really deserves it more than the next. Its very hard under the systems in place to judge how much a man or woman deserves to go to the Final, does a GAA fan from Kilkenny, London, Melbourne or Waterford deserve a football ticket, or a Mayo, Armagh, European clubman, Cavan fan deserve a hurling ticket!

Yes, you martyr, you deserve a final ticket, obviously. Where some of the tickets go does frighten me.

Feck did not intend to sound like the martyr there  ;D My point was there is so many different people who are involved in the GAA in different ways and its very hard to judge who should get a ticket.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Halfquarter

Laois native Maurice Deegan has been confirmed as the referee for the 2012 GAA All-Ireland Senior Football Championship final between Donegal and Mayo on Sunday, September 23.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 02, 2012, 06:47:31 PM
Quote from: maigheo on September 02, 2012, 06:40:48 PM
Ticket acquired already and sept 23 is my birthday ,Happy days :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
. Get a good bet on to cover expenses. Nearest thing to a dead cert you will ever get. No way Donegal will cope with out style and we have the better players in 10/11 positions

Good man Mick, you've been spot on with your predictions all year. Expect 30 more parody accounts to be opened up next year if Mayo win the final.  :P

Quote from: Syferus on September 03, 2012, 06:35:53 PM
Afraid it'll be a reprise of Galway's tearful (cheerful?) walk across the Shannon in the shadow of the mighty Roscommon fortress of Athlone Castle, lads.

Not much of a mighty Roscommon fortress, Athlone Castle like all the rest of the town is in Westmeath.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

rosnarun

theres fighting talk

from wiki
Athlone (Irish: Baile Átha Luain, meaning "town of Luan's ford")[1] is a town on the River Shannon near the southern shore of Lough Ree in Ireland.

It is on the border of counties Roscommon (province of Connacht) and Westmeath (province of Leinster). Although the River Shannon forms the historic border between Roscommon and Westmeath, the Local Government Act of 1898 designated all of Athlone (Urban) as belonging to Westmeath, including areas west of the river. Much recent growth has occurred outside the official town boundaries. Monksland for example, a suburb on the west side of the town, is not within the official town boundaries, yet it is the most populous area of County Roscommon.

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Croí na hÉireann

No wonder they're always crying about Ballagh if Monksland is its most populous area.

Rossfan

They're out to get us on all sides FFS  >:(
At least the Laythrums didn't get Cortober or the main part of Rooskey or we'd be effed altogether.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Two of the most likable counties in the country meet in this years AI final playing some of the most cynical football, however I'm sure both sets of supporters don't care one jot.

The similarities with both counties is fairly striking. Young manager who won provincial honours in his first year and were beaten at the SF stage. Defensive shape, huge emphasis on preparation, manic work rate and emphasis on ball retention and good shot selection. Strong emphasis on collective performance than on individual flair. No room for prima donnas or anybody prepared to rock the boat ie. Mortimer and Cassidy.

There can be no doubt that Donegal have had the harder route to the final and I think they have taken preparation, organisation and defensive structuring to new levels. The final scorelines against both Cork and Kerry might have said that they had narrow victories but this was grossly misleading. They ground both these teams into submission and were never in danger of losing.

Mayo have done all that could be asked of them up until now but the strength of the opposition they have faced to date is dubious. A win against any Dublin team will always be overhyped and I really don't think Dublin ever regained the manic intensity they had played with over the previous few years campaigns.

I'm sure Donegal would rather have faced Dublin in the final due to the favourites tagged now firmly hanging around their necks. Whilst I would happy to see either county winning, I do think Donegal will win and maybe even more comfortably than many imagine. Donegal by 5+.

drici

ballinaman

Erika Harvey's facebook page going to get a views no doubt.....

Champ15

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 04, 2012, 01:13:36 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 03, 2012, 11:50:43 PM
Quote from: Champ15 on September 03, 2012, 11:44:25 PM
Does anyone know if SuperValu are selling tickets for the final?

Not for finals I'm afraid.

Is Champ15 a Donegal lad, not used to finals are they  ;D

Haha no im a very proud mayo man who has county and connacht medals nit to mention an all Ireland club too so im well used to finals and winning them;D I'll get mine from the club but just trying to sort out my cousins from London who regularly fly over for mayo games
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ballinaman on September 04, 2012, 04:03:43 PM
Erika Harvey's facebook page going to get a views no doubt.....

Why? Sure she would have taken the screengrab...

Sam2011

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 04, 2012, 09:34:02 AM
Quote from: Sam2011 on September 04, 2012, 08:04:38 AM
September 23 1951- Mayo won Sam
September 23 2012-???

Is it a sign?

Yes. It's a sign that the 4th Sundays in September in both 1951 and 2012 fell on the 23rd.

Oh right thanks for clearing that up for me Fear, my head was wrecked at work today trying to figure that one out. :)
It was also a Stradbally clubman who reffed the final in 1951.
Is it a sign??

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Sam2011 on September 04, 2012, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 04, 2012, 09:34:02 AM
Quote from: Sam2011 on September 04, 2012, 08:04:38 AM
September 23 1951- Mayo won Sam
September 23 2012-???

Is it a sign?

Yes. It's a sign that the 4th Sundays in September in both 1951 and 2012 fell on the 23rd.

Oh right thanks for clearing that up for me Fear, my head was wrecked at work today trying to figure that one out. :)
It was also a Stradbally clubman who reffed the final in 1951.
Is it a sign??

Tis a given
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

seafoid