All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Donegal Town is where the homecomings take place. IF we win, that'll be the main first stop. Whether we'd go through Sligo or run the gauntlet of Kesh on the way through Pettigo remains to be seen.

Farrandeelin

Sure apparently Jim McGuinness is the new Saviour and there's a creed going on up in Donegal and everything.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

bucko

Quote from: Syferus on September 03, 2012, 06:35:53 PM
Afraid it'll be a reprise of Galway's tearful (cheerful?) walk across the Shannon in the shadow of the mighty Roscommon fortress of Athlone Castle, lads.

Tarmonbarry would be the more likely spot!!!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Get a grip lads, talking about home comings. Jez, ye are in for a big land thinking like that. Lets enjoy the lead up to the game. Two humble counties, badly hit by emigration. The next couple of weeks will be a lift to people home and away. There is alot of inter-marraiges between the counties and there are similar demographics.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 02, 2012, 09:39:07 PM
I need a couple of tickets for the game, pm me and I will give u my details, hogan stand, lower tier, round centre pitch will doCheers in advance
Ho!Ho!Ho! Just clean the chimney
and leave the whiskey out little boy
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Quote from: armaghniac on September 03, 2012, 04:52:14 PM
QuoteI hope Donegal and Mayo will have the generosity to include Sligo in the big day.

Well Donegal did bring Sam via Sligo last time, but this was largely because the manager was from Bundoran. I'd say they'd prefer bringing it through Omagh this time.

I was below in Sligo for that! They came out on the train. Jaysus I remember the Red Bonner comin off the train with a pint in his hand. Must have been some party. Good few Mayos were below to welcome them back that evening.

Can t believe its 20 bloody years ago. We ve lost 4 AIs since! If they win 2/2 and we lose 5/5 in that time it will make for some contrast in fortune.

From the Bunker

Quote from: sans pessimism on September 03, 2012, 10:29:56 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 02, 2012, 09:39:07 PM
I need a couple of tickets for the game, pm me and I will give u my details, hogan stand, lower tier, round centre pitch will doCheers in advance
Ho!Ho!Ho! Just clean the chimney
and leave the whiskey out little boy

;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Afraid it'll be a reprise of Galway's tearful (cheerful?) walk across the Shannon in the shadow of the mighty Roscommon fortress of Athlone Castle, lads.

Is that not technically in Westmeath now  ;) or does the Ballaghadereen Rossie argument fall down by Syferus's hand.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 03, 2012, 11:21:49 PM

Is that not technically in Westmeath now  ;) or does the Ballaghadereen Rossie argument fall down by Syferus's hand.

Only for administrative purposes. Everyone's addresses west of the Shannon are very much 'County Roscommon'. Completely different situation to Ballagh.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2012, 09:20:09 PM
Get a grip lads, talking about home comings. Jez, ye are in for a big land thinking like that. Lets enjoy the lead up to the game. Two humble counties, badly hit by emigration. The next couple of weeks will be a lift to people home and away. There is alot of inter-marraiges between the counties and there are similar demographics.

Sure its a bit of Banter Bunker, I certainly don't think the Mayo lads are saying anything thats not tongue in cheek. I do hope that the Donegal people believe the hype and unlike us they have not be forwarned of its dangers, sure how could they, one appearance, one victory. But they should remember Down people believed they always won finals up until not so long ago.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on September 03, 2012, 11:25:21 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 03, 2012, 11:21:49 PM

Only for administrative purposes. Everyone's addresses west of the Shannon are very much 'County Roscommon'. Completely different situation to Ballagh.

Different as in its the exact same  ;D

Champ15

Does anyone know if SuperValu are selling tickets for the final?
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Champ15 on September 03, 2012, 11:44:25 PM
Does anyone know if SuperValu are selling tickets for the final?

Not for finals I'm afraid.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Finals are for club mafiosa and their families - many who couldn t be arse going to earlier rounds.

And neutrals who want to be there and then complain when Mayo don t give them value for money ;D ;D