Croke Park sponsors

Started by seafoid, August 21, 2012, 10:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Judge dumps all over the Green Cross Code man

Hardy

I found my wallet (minus cash) along with a number of others behind the Esso boards on the Monday after the AIF replay of 1988. In the crush to get onto the pitch after the match (yes - I was partaking in a pitch invasion) I'd had my arse pocket unzipped and the wallet removed.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on August 21, 2012, 02:47:46 PM
I found my wallet (minus cash) along with a number of others behind the Esso boards on the Monday after the AIF replay of 1988. In the crush to get onto the pitch after the match (yes - I was partaking in a pitch invasion) I'd had my arse pocket unzipped and the wallet removed.

The dangers of pitch invasions. The real truth of Hardy's opposition - some fecker could nick yer wallet!

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 21, 2012, 03:16:18 PM
The dangers of pitch invasions. The real truth of Hardy's opposition - some fecker could nick yer wallet!

Aye, never mind high-minded principles, it was the trauma of being robbed by one of his own - there were hardly any Langers trying to get onto the field - that did it. A few sessions on the couch with Dr Jennifer Melfi (steady) and Hardy would have been on the side of the pitch-invading yahoos.

cornafean

T'wasn't the only daylight robbery in Croke Park that day, or since...
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on August 21, 2012, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 21, 2012, 03:16:18 PM

Aye, never mind high-minded principles, it was the trauma of being robbed by one of his own - there were hardly any Langers trying to get onto the field - that did it. A few sessions on the couch with Dr Jennifer Melfi (steady) and Hardy would have been on the side of the pitch-invading yahoos.

I'm nearly sure it was Dinny Allen. Then he went off and reported to the guards that he was robbed.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on August 21, 2012, 12:32:48 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 21, 2012, 12:25:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 21, 2012, 11:47:16 AM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 21, 2012, 11:22:01 AM
If all the boxes are empty, we should go retro and restore the hoardings from the 80s

Go Greyhound Racing
Esso
Erin Hot Cup
Foster and Allen
B & I Line Ferries
New Ireland
Wavin
PZ Machinery

Go Esso buy Esso
And Shell

And the ads graced thousands of Shell art competition entries

Silvermints
Dunlop Tyres
Esso Uniflo

Don't forget the sheep and cattle worming stuff. You get a free body warmer as worn by Galway hurler and Farmer Joe Cooney.
Big Joe used to advertise Bovomex which came with a free bodywarmer.

rrhf

Quote from: Hardy on August 21, 2012, 02:47:46 PM
Hardy we shared the same pitch. I wasn't robbed However I seem to recall finding an old boot stud on the field that day.  May well have been mc entees. I will post it on to you for nostalgia.

deiseach

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2012, 07:57:05 AM
Hardy we shared the same pitch. I wasn't robbed However I seem to recall finding an old boot stud on the field that day.  May well have been mc entees. I will post it on to you for nostalgia.

Nah, can't have been. He would have left his studs in Shay Fahy's arse

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

They should provide a box to the IMF really in return for a deal on the Anglo debt

sammymaguire

Erin Soups up above the hill  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

rrhf

Syferus

A beaut of a sign still resides at Tuam Stadium - 'Take the Train'.

Take that, Tuam.

lynchbhoy

Leo red , Leo yellow
Silvermints