Na Cait v Gaillimh, AIF 9 Sept

Started by seafoid, August 20, 2012, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Callanan

Quote from: seafoid on September 29, 2012, 09:09:35 AM
Quote from: Paul Callanan on September 29, 2012, 01:53:24 AM
That's very bad news about Skehill. I don't think he should play if he's not right and after googling shoulder dislocations I can't see how he would be right. I came across this on ehow.com. They say the typical full recovery time ranges from 4 to 12 weeks

"Treatment and Timeline
The initial phase of treatment is to push the head of the humerus back into the shoulder joint. This is most easily done immediately after the dislocation, as after 30 minutes or so the joint becomes swollen and stiff. If this happens, IV pain medication or muscle relaxants may be necessary to push the joint back into place. Afterward, the doctor will place the injured arm in a sling which will immobilize the joint. This sling should be worn for two or three weeks. After that, physical therapy will be prescribed to continue the healing process."

I hope he's fine and has a stormer again but playing lads who are carrying injuries is a tactic that usually backfires. I'm not sure who our sub keeper is, Ciaran Callanan? Maybe someone on here knows. It might be time to show a bit of faith in him anyway.

Wasn't he in goal when they won the League 2 years ago?

He was the keeper in 2010 seafoid but I don't even know that he's on the panel anymore. I'm just saying I'd prefer we picked whoever  than pick Skehill if he's not fully fit. If bp is right and it only knocks a bit of yardage off his puckouts, that wouldn't be the end of the world, but I think it would have a mental impact which could affect every part of his game.

As for Walter Walshe, anytime I've seen hiim he's looked like a class act and I was surprised and relieved that he wasn't used in the first game. I think he could pose huge problems for Kevin Hynes and could well be Kilkenny's match-winner. I'd strongly disagree with the big mullocker description, he's a very skillful lad with a great touch.

seafoid

You can tell Kilkenny was a Norman stronghold just by the names on the hurling team. Richie Power and Walter Walsh would have been wearing chainmail 800 years ago.

Orchardman

if ur at the game 2mro, just wait and count the amount of antrim jersies at it. I've been at the last 4 finals, and for some reason there are always a load of antrim outfits around. Why is this as they are usless and have nothing to do with the all ireland final? Just wondering.

Heading to the game 2mro anyway, i reckon the experience will stand to galway and hope they finish the job 2mro

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orchardman on September 29, 2012, 09:31:22 PM
if ur at the game 2mro, just wait and count the amount of antrim jersies at it. I've been at the last 4 finals, and for some reason there are always a load of antrim outfits around. Why is this as they are usless and have nothing to do with the all ireland final? Just wondering.

Heading to the game 2mro anyway, i reckon the experience will stand to galway and hope they finish the job 2mro

Are you for real? What do you mean usless and have nothing to do with the All Ireland final? I've went to the last 14 odd finals and I haven't seen these Antrim outfits you talk about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orchardman

Nothing against antrim, they are obviously way ahead of the rest in ulster, which says it all when u see what happened them in the key games this year, eg the limerick game and then the under 21's semi against clare.

No joke, last year especially i couldn't believe the amount of antrim gear on show, i would have nearly thought antrim were playing. Like i wouldn't wear an armagh jersey to the hurling or football final, but then i wouldn't really wear it anywhere outside of training.

It would be great to see antrim in the final though

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orchardman on September 29, 2012, 10:18:31 PM
Nothing against antrim, they are obviously way ahead of the rest in ulster, which says it all when u see what happened them in the key games this year, eg the limerick game and then the under 21's semi against clare.

No joke, last year especially i couldn't believe the amount of antrim gear on show, i would have nearly thought antrim were playing. Like i wouldn't wear an armagh jersey to the hurling or football final, but then i wouldn't really wear it anywhere outside of training.

Well they won't be there for a while yet, Antrim fans would use their full allocation of tickets handed out to the clubs, as for the antrim tops sure what odds, I've been to a serious amount of finals and I've not seen that many in fairness. We are a million miles away from getting to a semi final nevermind a final a bit like Armagh in football I suppose :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Says the f**king Armagh man. A county in which the majority of people wouldn't know one end of the stick from the other.

Orchardman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2012, 11:29:47 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on September 29, 2012, 10:18:31 PM

Well they won't be there for a while yet, Antrim fans would use their full allocation of tickets handed out to the clubs, as for the antrim tops sure what odds, I've been to a serious amount of finals and I've not seen that many in fairness. We are a million miles away from getting to a semi final nevermind a final a bit like Armagh in football I suppose :o

fair enough, though we'd just be glad just to get to the last 8 in the next few years

Orchardman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 29, 2012, 11:36:35 PM

Says the f**king Armagh man. A county in which the majority of people wouldn't know one end of the stick from the other.

sure that attitude sums it up. I play hurling and football, not sure what you do. Yes antrim are best in ulster but you must think that antrim are sitting at the top table in hurling when in reality the hurling clique in the free state laugh at them. Limerick would be outside the top 6 and still beat you by 30 points or whatever

mon galway

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orchardman on September 30, 2012, 12:04:57 AM

sure that attitude sums it up. I play hurling and football, not sure what you do. Yes antrim are best in ulster but you must think that antrim are sitting at the top table in hurling when in reality the hurling clique in the free state laugh at them. Limerick would be outside the top 6 and still beat you by 30 points or whatever

mon galway
Sums what up? You, a person from Armagh, criticised the presence of Antrim supporters at an AI final. That is the attitude that is strange.

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2012, 09:43:32 PM

Are you for real? What do you mean usless and have nothing to do with the All Ireland final? I've went to the last 14 odd finals and I haven't seen these Antrim outfits you talk about

Dunno about Antrim gear around the place but there's always a good crowd of Belfast people, largely from Rossa, in Meaghers on final day.

Orchardman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 30, 2012, 12:11:34 AM

mon galway
Sums what up? You, a person from Armagh, criticised the presence of Antrim supporters at an AI final. That is the attitude that is strange.

Don't be stupid, i didn't criticise the presence the antrim people per se, why would I? i was questioning why there was so many running about in antrim gear when they were no where near the final, that's all. Just curious, they are obviously proud of their saffron colours so fair play to them, but i don't think i'l see any cork/wexford/waterford/any good hurling team etc stuff so clearly.

Anyway, enuf bout that, lets hope liam goes to the west

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orchardman on September 30, 2012, 11:16:22 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 30, 2012, 12:11:34 AM

mon galway

Don't be stupid, i didn't criticise the presence the antrim people per se, why would I? i was questioning why there was so many running about in antrim gear when they were no where near the final, that's all. Just curious, they are obviously proud of their saffron colours so fair play to them, but i don't think i'l see any cork/wexford/waterford/any good hurling team etc stuff so clearly.

Anyway, enuf bout that, lets hope liam goes to the west
Aye maybe I took you up wrong. McCooey's love sportswear.

Mon Galway.

Absent

Terrible morning here in the Dublin area,to improve in the afternoon,the day may suit slower players,I have the wet gear out.It will be interesting to see how big Walter Walsh does at full forward for KK,it could be a baptism of fire for him.

seafoid

Quote from: Absent on September 30, 2012, 11:24:18 AM
Terrible morning here in the Dublin area,to improve in the afternoon,the day may suit slower players,I have the wet gear out.It will be interesting to see how big Walter Walsh does at full forward for KK,it could be a baptism of fire for him.
The galway lads are well used to hurling in rain, sleet and hailshtones since the county final is played on the first sunday in advent.