Na Cait v Gaillimh, AIF 9 Sept

Started by seafoid, August 20, 2012, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe bloggs

I just got two Hogan tickets for Sunday. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. Can't wait.

Absent

Looking forward to sunday now that we have the tickets in hand.Like most neutrals I would love to see Galway winning it,hurling needs a different name on the trophy.
Galway have twice gone to war with Kk over the summer and although KK were forewarned a couple of weeks ago they were unable to put Galway away.
The Galway defence,in hindsight,were outstanding in the drawn game in that 4 or 5 of the Kk forwards looked very ordinary on the day and we know what they are capable of from previous performances.Without Shefflins performance the last day KK were in real trouble,it will be interesting to see how Galway will try to shackle him on sunday.
Could Iarla Tannian produce a similar performance the next day,hardly.
KK after all the experience and success over the past several years showed glimpses of mere mortals and possibly a little lack of confidence and maybe fear,fear of losing during the drawn game,none more so than Henry himself in refusing to go for the win from the late penalty and he hit a bad wide soon after and one he dropped into the goalie if I remember correctly.
One thing this Galway team have showed us is that if you can keep KK out of their comfort zone of being 4 or 5 points ahead they are a different team and not at all as surefooted.I cannot see Galway lumping long ball into the KK defence on sunday,their short game will more likely be used to better advantage.
It should be a great game,pity the weather forecast is not too good,Galway may just about do it this time.

StGallsGAA

does anyone know if there is a special train on from belfast or just the full price enterprise? 

gallsman

This will feel very strange going to an AI twice in the same year. Looking forward to it as much as the first one.

joe bloggs

Any changes expected on Sunday in either side?

waterfordlad

Quiet enough build up to the game. Michael Fennelly was saying its a strange situation even playing an All Ireland final in late September and there hasn't been a replay for so many years that people aren't sure how to prepare for it. Kilkenny forwards can improve from last day. Galway should attack more as I felt they dropped too deep in 2nd half the last day.It could be a low scoring game if defences are on top in bad weather. Looking forward to it now.

Premier Emperor

Michael Fennelly, the only place you'll find him is in a newspaper or on the radio.
There was sign of him in Croke Park 3 weeks ago!

seafoid

I think the drawn match experience will stand to Galway. They have a really great chance to win on Sunday if they can use their possession more effectively in the third quarter.   
I think Kilkenny have been shown to be human this year.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: seafoid on September 28, 2012, 10:03:50 AM
I think Kilkenny have been shown to be human in terminal decline this year.
Fixed that.

gallsman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 28, 2012, 10:04:46 AM
Fixed that.

What does that say about Tipp? A KK team in terminal decline can put a whipping like that on what is supposedly one of the best teams in the country? You kept very quiet after the hammering they dished out to you.

Heard on the radio this morning that Tennyson is in contention to start. Not sure how they'd work that to be honest - would be difficult to drop any of the backs. Tennyson last played at LHB and Joyce has been very impressive there this year. In saying that however, Tennyson would walk onto almost any team in the country. Hasn't done much county hurling in the last two years though.

One thing that might be interesting (although highly unlikely), would be to see Tennyson slot in at RHB, move Tommy Walsh to midfield and push Hogan up at the expense of Colin Fennelly (or maybe even Power) after poor performances the last day.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2012, 10:41:34 AM
Fixed that.

What does that say about Tipp? A KK team in terminal decline can put a whipping like that on what is supposedly one of the best teams in the country? You kept very quiet after the hammering they dished out to you.
One swallow doesn't make a summer and one bad performance doesn't make a bad team.
Judge us next year.

gallsman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 28, 2012, 10:50:20 AM
Fixed that.

One swallow doesn't make a summer and one bad performance doesn't make a bad team.
Judge us next year.

Yet KK are in terminal decline? They were "in decline" according to some people here after winning in 2009 as Tipp ran them so close. Then they were "definitely in decline" after 2010 but happened to go out and annihilate Tipp last year (maybe not as significantly on scoreboard but they were hurled off pitch).

Every possibility KK can go out and win by 10+ points tomorrow (and lose by same margin). If that happens, are they still in terminal decline?!

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2012, 11:04:22 AM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 28, 2012, 10:50:20 AM
Fixed that.

Judge us next year.

Yet KK are in terminal decline? They were "in decline" according to some people here after winning in 2009 as Tipp ran them so close. Then they were "definitely in decline" after 2010 but happened to go out and annihilate Tipp last year (maybe not as significantly on scoreboard but they were hurled off pitch).

Every possibility KK can go out and win by 10+ points tomorrow (and lose by same margin). If that happens, are they still in terminal decline?!
If they win tomorrow it won't count. The match is on Sunday

Look at the odds though : Cats are still raging favourites

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/gaelic-games/hurling/all-ireland-senior-hurling-championship/winner

armaghniac

QuoteThis will feel very strange going to an AI twice in the same year.

It should be possible again about 2065! 

Sadly, the weather might not quite match the occasion

Sunday morning will start off wet in most places and southerly winds will be fairly strong. A clearance develops across Ulster and Connacht during Sunday afternoon, but the rain wont finally clear the east and south of the country until evening time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

partisan

Has Skehill gone and broken his wrist does anyone know?