POTY 2012

Started by ONeill, August 20, 2012, 12:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Colm O'Neill,Henry Shefflin.

Syferus

H - Joe Canning

F - Andy Moran

Given Moran's injury it's now a toss up, if Mayo go to even the final Barry Moran looks a good bet. If Dublin win Sam Paul Flynn seems a lock, while if Cork do Aidan Walsh is making a good case. Hell if I know who's the figurehead in the T-1000-like machine up in the north-west. Colm Mc?

ONeill

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

There doesn't seem to be a stand put performer this past 2 seasons.  When you go back to the early and middle years of this decade there was always a player or two who lit up the championship, doesn't seem to be happening any more.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

squire_in_navy_slacks

Aidan Walsh in the football

Burger Joe if he turns up in the hurling final

Speaking too soon to be honest, could be a mayo donegal final yet  8)

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2012, 10:39:42 AM
Karl Lacey @ 25/1.

It's hard for a defender to win it (only McGeeney, the two Ó Sés and Moynihan have managed it out of 17 awards) but good call.

Orchardman

Quote from: Hardy on August 20, 2012, 11:14:28 AM
Karl Lacey @ 25/1.

It's hard for a defender to win it (only McGeeney, the two Ó Sés and Moynihan have managed it out of 17 awards) but good call.

all 4 have won it in the last 11 years r so, i would say that's a great return for defenders

wildrover

Quote from: wildrover on August 06, 2012, 11:06:45 AM
Congratulations Donegal...

Can any of ya's tell me what you's are feeding Neil McGee up there?!...Throwing Kalum King around like a rag-doll against Down in the Ulster Final and walking through Kerry boys for fun yesterday...Complete powerhouse...

Great to see Colm McFadden on song aswell...He forever endeared himself to me when he threw that punch v Tyrone (I forget which player he hit) a few years back completely aware that it would be seen by all and he would serve a lengthy suspension but he had decided it would be worth it...

Disappointed by Michael Murphy again yesterday though...

Karl Lacey 50/1 for player of the year!!!!...Been excellent all year and we all know he has two big games in him (should they beat cork)...might have a nibble...

Here's Hopin....

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Quote from: Orchardman on August 20, 2012, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Hardy on August 20, 2012, 11:14:28 AM
Karl Lacey @ 25/1.

all 4 have won it in the last 11 years r so, i would say that's a great return for defenders

Aye, there's any number of ways to look at it. Only one defender has won in the last seven.

Dinny Breen

Cork - Aidan Walsh
Donegal - Ryan Bradley
Dublin - Paul Flynn
Mayo - Won't be Andy Moran as he won't feature in semi or final so will rule out a Mayo player unless someone puts in two outstanding back to back performances.

Galway - Joe Canning
Kikenny - No one outstanding, Shefflin, Reid, Larkin and Fogarty all turning it on at different times.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Seanie Johnston gave a lot of journalists work over a prolonged period.

Joe Canning in the hurling but if they get beaten in the final it will be some cat that gets the honour. 

ONeill

Another worker bee performance from McHugh puts him in the picture