POTY 2012

Started by ONeill, August 20, 2012, 12:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Unfortunately, my bet is for the GAA/GPA POTY. This won't do Karl's chances any harm, though.

Don Johnson

Yeah, all bets are for the GAA/GPA POTY, there was no market available for the Sunday Game one, just thought I would mention it.

Dougal

McGlynn has shortened to 12/1,have 15 on him @ 40/1,anyway to lock in a bit of profit?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

I thought McGlynn was immense yesterday and should have been man of the match.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Atticus_Finch

McGlynn was MOTM for me as well, surely he has cemented his place on the shortlist for POTY he made a good player in Jason Doherty look anonymous, had a vital interception that prevented what looked like a Mayo goal, weighed in with his cutomary point from a ridiculous angle and contributed well when going forward.

Does anyone know when the shortlist is drawn up ?

I believe the shortlist should look as follows:

1. McGlynn (POTY)
2. McFadden
3. Lacey

However, it's not often things work out the way they should and I could see the below list unfolding:

1. Lacey (POTY) - doesn't deserve it on this year alone but deserves it when taking last year into account and I could see the voters doing that.
2. McGlynn / McFadden - Not very often that the shortlist of players comes from the same county.  Actually not sure if it has ever happened ???  And so I could see either McGlynn or McFadden both fighting for the next slot.
3.  Dillon - Just because there's an unwritten rule that you can't have 3 players from the same county on the shortlist then Dillon will appear on the shortlist.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

J70

Lacey deserves it. He's been immense, again, and the whole team fulcrums around him.. It is a tight  race though, but his outstanding form for years will swing it.

Link

Quote from: Dougal on September 24, 2012, 01:35:10 PM
McGlynn has shortened to 12/1,have 15 on him @ 40/1,anyway to lock in a bit of profit?

Not sure if there is a market for this on betfair, otherwise you could just lay off.

Another option would be to say that there will only be 4 in with a shout; murphy, lacey, mcfadden, mcglynn.
Your payout on mcglynn is £615 so you could bet on the other three so that each will return 615 if they win.
Not sure of the odds but you could lock in a bit if you think its a four horse race. Ie. gallagher, mcgee etc don't win it.

Hardy

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on September 25, 2012, 11:09:42 AM
McGlynn was MOTM for me as well, surely he has cemented his place on the shortlist for POTY he made a good player in Jason Doherty look anonymous, had a vital interception that prevented what looked like a Mayo goal, weighed in with his cutomary point from a ridiculous angle and contributed well when going forward.

Does anyone know when the shortlist is drawn up ?

I believe the shortlist should look as follows:

1. McGlynn (POTY)
2. McFadden
3. Lacey

However, it's not often things work out the way they should and I could see the below list unfolding:

1. Lacey (POTY) - doesn't deserve it on this year alone but deserves it when taking last year into account and I could see the voters doing that.
2. McGlynn / McFadden - Not very often that the shortlist of players comes from the same county.  Actually not sure if it has ever happened ???  And so I could see either McGlynn or McFadden both fighting for the next slot.
3.  Dillon - Just because there's an unwritten rule that you can't have 3 players from the same county on the shortlist then Dillon will appear on the shortlist.

They're the top three in the betting:

Lacey 2/5
McFadden 15/8
McGlynn 12/1
Murphy 16/1
(Paddy Power)

Hardy

Quote from: Link on September 25, 2012, 11:22:41 AM

Not sure if there is a market for this on betfair, otherwise you could just lay off.

Another option would be to say that there will only be 4 in with a shout; murphy, lacey, mcfadden, mcglynn.
Your payout on mcglynn is £615 so you could bet on the other three so that each will return 615 if they win.
Not sure of the odds but you could lock in a bit if you think its a four horse race. Ie. gallagher, mcgee etc don't win it.

There's no exchange market for this. Maybe you could ask Betfair to make a book. It'd be hard enough to make anything out of it by hedging four bets.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on September 25, 2012, 11:28:05 AM
Quote from: Link on September 25, 2012, 11:22:41 AM

There's no exchange market for this. Maybe you could ask Betfair to make a book. It'd be hard enough to make anything out of it by hedging four bets.
Is there anywhere that organises POTY training? 

Hardy

Excellent. (I'd say Jimmy is overseeing it for every male toddler in Donegal.)

yellowcard

If its based purely on this years performances then McGlynn should get it. Lacey has been consistently one of the best defenders in Ireland for the last 6-7 years and whilst he has been very good I don't think he has been as good as McGlynn. 12/1 is way way overpriced.

Dougal

Mcglynn was the best player this year IMO.im fairly certain lacey will get it though,its unfortunate that he'll probably be getting it because hes a big name and the fact that he didnt get it last year,despite being the best player last year (again, IMO).when is the shortlist announced?if McGlynn makes it i think ill just cover my stake and hope for the best.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Don Johnson

You have to remember the people voting probably won't have seen all Donegal's matches this year and will automatically just vote for Lacey.

I agree McGlynn should get it but he won't.

Atticus_Finch

POTY Shortlist Announced

McGlynn
McFadden
Lacey
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."