Apple iPad Accessories

Started by Karl Kennedy, August 17, 2012, 10:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Kennedy

Does anyone have the following accessories for their iPad?

1. TV Connection for the iPad

2. Camera connection

I was hoping to buy both as I would like to watch films on iPad & connect to the TV. Plus I was hoping to do the same with Sky Go but apparently you can't which is a pity.
Anyone any experience of this & is the picture quality good?
Are the imitation ones as good as the Apple TV connection (£25)?
Do I need any other leads for audio?

Regards the camera connection I notice there are a few types of these such as 5 in 1 & 6 in 1. All I want it for is putting photos on iPad from diigital camera which has a SD card & my phone which has a Micro SD card.
Am I better sticking with apple products or will imitation ones be find?

laoislad

The non Apple leads won't work as regards transmitting the picture from Sky Go onto your TV from your iPad.
I had to jailbreak my iPhone and download software onto it for those leads to work, I'd presume iPads are the same though I don't know for sure.
There is a problem now though with the Sky Go app as it can now detect the jailbreak but usually one of the tech geniuses on the Internet finds a way around it.
I'm hoping they get it fixed before Premier League starts!
Might be worth your while and will be less hassle in the long run just buying the official leads.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: laoislad on August 17, 2012, 10:45:16 AM
The non Apple leads won't work as regards transmitting the picture from Sky Go onto your TV from your iPad.
I had to jailbreak my iPhone and download software onto it for those leads to work, I'd presume iPads are the same though I don't know for sure.
There is a problem now though with the Sky Go app as it can now detect the jailbreak but usually one of the tech geniuses on the Internet finds a way around it.
Might be worth your while and will be less hassle in the long run just buying the official leads.

Your probably right going for official apple product/leads will save any hassle.
Does the sky go connect ok to TV then using these leads?
I take it the iPad doesn't allow streaming?

laoislad

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on August 17, 2012, 10:54:21 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 17, 2012, 10:45:16 AM

Your probably right going for official apple product/leads will save any hassle.
Does the sky go connect ok to TV then using these leads?
I take it the iPad doesn't allow streaming?
Sky Go works 100% perfect when they havent blocked the jailbreak!
Also the 4oD app and the Rte player app all work great with the leads, but as I said I have my iPhone jailbroken, you need the official leads for it to work otherwise.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Does anyone know if I can get a lead to plug a USB dongle into an iPad2?

LeoMc

Quote from: johnneycool on January 02, 2014, 01:41:09 PM
Does anyone know if I can get a lead to plug a USB dongle into an iPad2?

I was looking for something to connect USB's to my iPad as I had quite a few downloaded series on memory sticks. Based on on-line research I bought one of the Apple camera connection leads. I was advised against the cheaper versions as a lot of them stopped working after the last major OS update.

The problem I do have is that most memory sticks require to much power and wont work. Your USB dongle would need to be self powered to be sure it will be supported.