Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2012 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 15, 2012, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Walter Cronc

SaffronStar

Think the winners of the Ardboe/Glen match will go on and win the tournament. The match shows what's so great about this tournament, two great teams. Glen will be favourites no doubt but it will be a match of Glens size and style vs Ardboes grit and determination.

elk

Have to say Watty's were very impressive, although Warrenpoint team were average at best, their midfielders/center half back didn't mark or track their men and they played down the one side of the pitch, very predictable.Suppose you can only beat what's put in front of you. Should be a good final between Watty's and Killeavey assuming they both come through their semi's.

imtommygunn

Castleblaney have withdrawn and Killeavy through to final apparently?!

drici

imtommygunn

So Killeavy haven't played a game and are in the final?!

8 players - what happened there I wonder?

yellowcard

What happened in last game? Never heard of 8 players sent off or suspended in one game in my life? So Killeavy straight through to final without playing a match.

drici

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on December 14, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
What happened in last game? Never heard of 8 players sent off or suspended in one game in my life? So Killeavy straight through to final without playing a match.

I thought Castleblayney had only 2 men sent off and were appealing that? Not ideal preparations for Killeavy but I'm sure they ain't complaining!

Lecale2

Walter Cronc

Boghopper

It would seem Watty Grahams are favourites for this competition, I watched a video on Ardboe and whether or not they win the competition is irrelevant the improvement that group of players has made from U 12 is remarkable rising a grade every year through to Minor two years ago they were Grade 2. They should be an inspiration to every youth player in every club around the country of what they can acheive through hard work.

Club Rossa

The Ardboe lads have been through a lot this year especially considering they were kicked out of the Tyrone championship by the CCC and have suffered personal loss.It has only served to make them stronger and there's a serious bond between them all.

Not trying to be the cute hoor here but it would be a major shock if we were to beat Glen but as you say Boghopper,their rise from grade 4 football should give hope to clubs all around the country.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Club Rossa on December 15, 2012, 10:43:45 AM
The Ardboe lads have been through a lot this year especially considering they were kicked out of the Tyrone championship by the CCC and have suffered personal loss.It has only served to make them stronger and there's a serious bond between them all.

Not trying to be the cute hoor here but it would be a major shock if we were to beat Glen but as you say Boghopper,their rise from grade 4 football should give hope to clubs all around the country.

Out of interest Rossa what team won the Grade 1 in Tyrone at U16s two years ago?? I remember we played Errigal at the All Ireland Feile 4 years ago!