Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2012 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 15, 2012, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 06, 2012, 05:00:27 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 06, 2012, 04:25:01 PM
Glen will cakewalk the competition from here on in. Warrenpoint done well to get out of Down but would be nowhere near the level of Glen.

Hmmm something tells me you are a Killeavy man or a WUM with all this praise of Glen... I've said before that there are plenty of good teams yet. Glen won't be looking any further than Warrenpoint!!

It didn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that in fact you are a Killeavy man. I'll give you credit though for trying to hype us up!!

Upyaboyya

Quote from: Club Rossa on December 06, 2012, 01:54:37 PM
I don't see how Ardboe were lucky.
If anything it was the Cavan lads who had the luck,they had 1 sent off in normal time and another after the whistle.but there could have been at least another 2 lined in normal time.God knows how many yellow cards they picked up over the hour.There was little between the sides but I would like you to tell me what luck we got!
As for the semi final,I haven't saw Glen or Warrenpoint play but some of our boys were down at Glen's game last weekend and were very impressed with them.So I would agree with you that we will struggle but who knows,we might get lucky ;)

They almost threw away a serious lead? Only for a last minute score, they were lucky in the end to get the result considering Castlerahan/Lavey did dominate midfield especially for a lot of the second half. Where should other lads of got the line? Did you see the abuse the refferee and cavan players got from Ardboes managers and supporters? I know its an Ulster game and that its tough but the young lads didn't deserve to be roared at. I hope you do go very far considering your team is young with lots of potential and I like your style of play.

Club Rossa

Kounty,I've yet to see anyone here post about how great Ardboe are.We are a young side and are in bonus territory.
Management and supporters were giving the referee bad manners alright but it's my opinion that he let the Cavan side away with persistant fouling all day and that's where the frustration was coming from.I don't condone it but that's why he got pelters.It wouldn't annoy chicken though,he thrives in the oul abuse ;)

There were verbals between our supporters and Cavan players and mentors afterwards and you're right,that's not on.I don't know what that was about.Not great to see especially in youth football but it's done and dusted now.

elk

Killeavy must fancy their chances with the kind draw they received. They beat Warrenpoint easily in a friendly this year and the margin Watty's beat Warrenpoint by will give them a good yardstick to size up Watty's for the final.Off course I am assuming there will be no shock results!!!

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 06, 2012, 05:33:45 PM
Glen will cakewalk the competition from here on in. Warrenpoint done well to get out of Down but would be nowhere near the level of Glen.

Hmmm something tells me you are a Killeavy man or a WUM with all this praise of Glen... I've said before that there are plenty of good teams yet. Glen won't be looking any further than Warrenpoint!!

It didn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that in fact you are a Killeavy man. I'll give you credit though for trying to hype us up!!

Jeez enjoy the praise when your getting it, if you read the gaelic life and I think you will find that its a widely held view that Glen are strong favourites. Also I can assure you I am definitely not a Killeavy man trying to hype you up (south Armagh yes), but for what its worth I think they will definitely meet Glen in the final. Seen them playing in the county final against Grange and they laboured at times. They have a soft draw but they do have one of the best young players in Ulster and 3 or 4 other very good players so will probably give you your sternest test. Anyway if it makes you feel better I will tone down my praise! Warrenpoint to knock them out on Sunday!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on December 07, 2012, 05:05:29 PM

Jeez enjoy the praise when your getting it, if you read the gaelic life and I think you will find that its a widely held view that Glen are strong favourites. Also I can assure you I am definitely not a Killeavy man trying to hype you up (south Armagh yes), but for what its worth I think they will definitely meet Glen in the final. Seen them playing in the county final against Grange and they laboured at times. They have a soft draw but they do have one of the best young players in Ulster and 3 or 4 other very good players so will probably give you your sternest test. Anyway if it makes you feel better I will tone down my praise! Warrenpoint to knock them out on Sunday!

Praise/cute hoorism call it what you want!!

For a man claiming not to be from Killeavy you have plenty of insight from a previous post.

Take it as given that this club has little or no support within the Killeavy club. It is a one man crusade to cause conflict and upheavel. However whilst the playing numbers in this
part of the parish might be small, the ability of this man to lobby and pounce on opportunities shouldn't be underestimated.

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 07, 2012, 05:34:29 PM

For a man claiming not to be from Killeavy you have plenty of insight from a previous post.

Take it as given that this club has little or no support within the Killeavy club. It is a one man crusade to cause conflict and upheavel. However whilst the playing numbers in this
part of the parish might be small, the ability of this man to lobby and pounce on opportunities shouldn't be underestimated.

Jeez your like big brother going back into the archives to dig that out, really i can assure you I'm most definitely not from Killeavy but I would have some mates there and would have an insight into the goings on of most south Armagh clubs. I will also now make Killeavy favourites to win the tournament!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on December 07, 2012, 06:08:13 PM

Jeez your like big brother going back into the archives to dig that out, really i can assure you I'm most definitely not from Killeavy but I would have some mates there and would have an insight into the goings on of most south Armagh clubs. I will also now make Killeavy favourites to win the tournament!

We're a paranoid bunch around Maghera.

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 07, 2012, 06:29:29 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 07, 2012, 06:08:13 PM

We're a paranoid bunch around Maghera.

Haha no bother, thats some McRory team yous have this year as well.......oops I retract that yous would be decent but have an outside chance of making the final given a kind draw!

rodney trotter

As long as there wasn't any barrels thrown towards the players... Assan were missing 5 players, 3 county Minors. County u21 Division 1 final was last Sunday.

Strange that the County board wouldn't change it, but then again nothing is a surprise with the current County board.

SaffronStar

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 07, 2012, 07:49:40 PM
As long as there wasn't any barrels thrown towards the players... Assan were missing 5 players, 3 county Minors. County u21 Division 1 final was last Sunday.

Strange that the County board wouldn't change it, but then again nothing is a surprise with the current County board.

With a amalgamated team yous have the selection of a vast number of players, so I have no pity. It's the club that only have 20 something player and play at the top level deserve the credit

Walter Cronc

Quote from: SaffronStar on December 08, 2012, 05:48:39 PM

With a amalgamated team yous have the selection of a vast number of players, so I have no pity. It's the club that only have 20 something player and play at the top level deserve the credit

Totally agree. St Paul's shouldn't allow amalgamated teams in the tournament!

rodney trotter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 08, 2012, 05:54:11 PM
Quote from: SaffronStar on December 08, 2012, 05:48:39 PM

I'd agree yeah, I'm not from either of the amalgamted teams ( castlerahan and lavey) was just making the point that they couldn't field a full team due to the County board not changing the game. This rule must have only been brought in in the last 2 years, because I remember in the Minor and U21 Ulster Club an amalgamated team wasn't allowed take part.

drici

Sunday 9th December
Quarter Final:
Warrenpoint St Peters(Down) v Glen Watty Grahams(Derry)
1-30pm   St Pauls

Beo

Warrenpoint St Peters 0-00  Glen Watty Grahams 0-01

Donal Connolly of Monaghan referees.

St Peters score always on left.
Is Canamhaint mé.