Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2012 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 15, 2012, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

5 scores in row for Killeavy as they strike there first goal........and the final whistle sounds.

Glen Watty Grahams 4-07 v 1-07 Killeavy St.Moninnas.

2 in a row for the Maghera boys; well done. Thoroughly deserved.

Club Rossa

Any craic

See the first goal from today's Danske Bank Ulster Minor Final for Watty Grahams v Killeavy: http://tinyurl.com/aqjuqqq

Walter Cronc

Not long in. Absolutely buzzing after that today. These lads are a credit to themselves, their families and Glen club. First team to do it since the mighty Shamrocks says it all. If we can go on to achieve a snippet of their success I'll be delighted!! Conor Glass at 15 years old is outstanding. Best player on the field in my opinion and most people in the club. UTW!!!!

drici

Quote from: theticklemister on January 01, 2013, 02:29:09 PM

Correction: Ryan Dougan the midfielder scored the goal that was given to O'Hara.

Will take the rap for that one.
It was Paul Gunning(13) who got the cĂșl.

yellowcard

Very impressive performance again by Glen, their off the ball running and inter play was a joy to watch. The scoreline probably flattered Killeavy and I have never seen as good a 15 year old as Glass who I thought was man of the match. Great side and will be the team to beat again next year.

drici

Sunday 25th November
Quarter Final:
Donagh St Patricks(Fermanagh) 2-08  Castleblayney Faughs(Monaghan) 1-15
1-30pm   St Pauls

Quarter Final:
Donegal Champions v Killeavy St Moninnas(Armagh) Walk Over for Killeavy St Moninnas

Saturday 1st December
Quarter Final:
Lavey-Castlerahan(Cavan) 2-09  Ardboe O Donovan Rossa(Tyrone) 2-10
1-30pm   St Pauls

Sunday 2nd December
Preliminary Round:
St Johns(Antrim) 0-10  Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 3-12
1-30pm   St Pauls

Sunday 9th December
Quarter Final:
Warrenpoint St Peters(Down) 0-11  Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 4-11
1-30pm   St Pauls

Sunday 16th December
Semi Final:
Killeavy St Moninnas(Armagh) v Castleblayney Faughs(Monaghan) Walk Over for Killeavy St Moninnas
1-30pm   St Pauls

Wednesday 26th December
Semi Final:
Ardboe O Donovan Rossa(Tyrone) 0-06   Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 2-12
1-30pm   St Pauls

Tuesday 1st January
Final:
Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 4-07  Killeavy St Moninnas(Armagh) 1-07
1-30pm   St Pauls

Any craic

See the best goal in today's Ulster Minor Final, finished by Danny Tallon for Watty Grahams http://tinyurl.com/bbzzwsd and the last goal by MoM Ryan Dougan - http://tinyurl.com/bdba24g

Gold

Quote from: Gold on December 29, 2012, 11:14:10 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on December 28, 2012, 11:42:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 28, 2012, 10:50:44 PM
He's a quare speaker for U18.

Many a senior team would like a captain who speaks so well. A fair player too. Hope he and his team make a good match of it.

Great speaker

Stuffing today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Any craic

Watty Grahams have become only the third club to retain the Ulster Minor Club Tournament in the 31 years of the competition, following Killybegs 1984-85 and Ballinderry 1996-97. Derry clubs have won 13 titles out of the 23 played since 1990. Watty Grahams have won both of their titles from the Preliminary Round, playing a total of eight games.

Their biggest winning margin was 23 points over Truagh Gaels and their smallest winning margin was five points over St Eunan's. Their average winning margin is 12.5 points.

2011/12
Watty Grahams  4-14  Truagh Gaels  0-3
Watty Grahams  0-9  St Eunan's  0-4
Watty Grahams  2-11  O'Raghallaigh Gaels  1-4
Watty Grahams  4-12  Armagh Harps  0-6

2012/13
Watty Grahams  3-12  St John's  0-10
Watty Grahams  4-11  Warrenpoint  0-11
Watty Grahams  2-12  Ardboe  0-6
Watty Grahams 4-7  Killeavy  1-7

elk

Just looking at who scored what against Watty's the last couple years and Warrenpoint who I previously thought were an average team have scored the most against them, might have been a bit harsh in my judgement of them. They may well be the second best team in Ulster. All the same Watty's are a class act and everyone is second to them at the moment.

The Brick

Well done to Glen. Up there with the best minor teams ever. Very interested to see if McFaul, Dougan, O'Hara, Carville and the likes can be household names in the future with Derry. Special mention must go to Enda Gormley. A cute fela that has seen potential in these lads from a young age and has coached them to the pinnacle of their career so far. Glen for Intermediate Championship 2013???

Any craic

Walter Cronc