Ballina taxi-driver hurls abuse at passenger.

Started by Farrandeelin, August 07, 2012, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Looked like it was an early morning fare collecting your man after a night out. He still sounds half-cut.

trasna man

Quote from: Gold on August 08, 2012, 09:45:19 AM
Passenger was an absolute ****. Couldnt give him enough punches to the head
+1 and a boot to the bollix

spuds

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 07, 2012, 10:56:52 PM
He probably recorded her cos she was being a cheeky, ignorant calf! If she didn't know where the golf club was she should have refused the fare. She obviously never heard of a satnav.
Calf ??  :o
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mouview

No, thought he was being very reasonable, kept his cool fairly well and never refused to pay or anything.  Taxi drivers should know where to go before taking the fare, just because she's having a bad day doesn't mean she should be rude or dismissive of her client.

GalwayBayBoy

The two of them are nearly as bad as each other. Your man had an address seemingly but didn't know the area at all. The taxi lady still took the fare even though she hadn't a clue where the place was. Surely this is something they should have worked out together before they set off?

Your man was being bit of smart arse to be honest and him filming her secretly was out of order but going by the comments on youtube the place your man was looking for shouldn't have been hard to find for any halfway competent local taxi driver.

BenDover

I'd a bit of a giggle at that tbh, been in similar situation myself a few times on a Sunday morning

Nally Stand

Amazing that so many think the passenger is the bigger asshole. It's a drivers responsibility to know the route if they accept the fare. He said a few times the name of a golf course where he wanted to reach. He also said he would pay fully. Amazing that a local driver didn't know the way and didn't have the wit to get a sat nav if she is that clueless of the roads. If you owned a firm with someone like that driving for you (who expects passengers from outside the area to keep her right with directions and who talks abusively to them if they can't), I'd say you'd soon give her the boot. He's obviously not from the area so how should it be up to him to know the directions? That ain't how taxis work!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

guy crouchback

she brought him to the right place though. the driving range is at the front of the hostel/par 3 golf course where he was going but he did not recognise it.
now i suppose she should have know it although only a raving lunatic would stay there.

http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/18371-The-Blind-Brook-Hostel

check out the review.

ardal

Quote from: guy crouchback on August 08, 2012, 02:47:39 PM
she brought him to the right place though. the driving range is at the front of the hostel/par 3 golf course where he was going but he did not recognise it.
now i suppose she should have know it although only a raving lunatic would stay there.

check out the review.

How many golf courses / driving ranges are around / near Ballina? Sure he shouldn't have been recording, but God only knows how long this went on for. She was a useless fecking cow. Could you imagine a teacher asking you how to teach? Question. Which of ye could drive me from Dublin Airport to Copperface Jacks? Stupid fecker it is. No wonder they have a problem with the gene pool in Mayo

Farrandeelin

Good man ardal. Tar us all with the same brush.  ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 08, 2012, 01:44:42 PM
Amazing that so many think the passenger is the bigger asshole. It's a drivers responsibility to know the route if they accept the fare. He said a few times the name of a golf course where he wanted to reach. He also said he would pay fully. Amazing that a local driver didn't know the way and didn't have the wit to get a sat nav if she is that clueless of the roads. If you owned a firm with someone like that driving for you (who expects passengers from outside the area to keep her right with directions and who talks abusively to them if they can't), I'd say you'd soon give her the boot. He's obviously not from the area so how should it be up to him to know the directions? That ain't how taxis work!
+1

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ardal on August 08, 2012, 05:18:42 PM

check out the review.

How many golf courses / driving ranges are around / near Ballina? Sure he shouldn't have been recording, but God only knows how long this went on for. She was a useless fecking cow. Could you imagine a teacher asking you how to teach? Question. Which of ye could drive me from Dublin Airport to Copperface Jacks? Stupid fecker it is. No wonder they have a problem with the gene pool in Mayo

??? Obviously ya don't live in the country. How the fcuk was she meant to know what house he wanted to be dropped off at she isn't a mind reader. If i get a taxi from Ballina and ask to bring me to Corrimbla which is a townland  id say the taxi driver can assume that i know where i want to get dropped off . She did well to understand him at all, him and his i'll pay the fir . I doubt he would have been as cheeky if it was a male driver.   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

SLIGONIAN

wtf was he doing in ballina anyway, such a shithole ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Lar Naparka

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 08, 2012, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: ardal on August 08, 2012, 05:18:42 PM

check out the review.

??? Obviously ya don't live in the country. How the fcuk was she meant to know what house he wanted to be dropped off at she isn't a mind reader. If i get a taxi from Ballina and ask to bring me to Corrimbla which is a townland  id say the taxi driver can assume that i know where i want to get dropped off . She did well to understand him at all, him and his i'll pay the fir . I doubt he would have been as cheeky if it was a male driver.
Yeah but she shouldn't have taken him in if she hadn't a clue where he wanted to go.
Going by what she said at the beginning of the video, she was on her way to Castlebar!
Dammit, the last time I drove a car around ballina, it was a Morris Minor and I'd still do a better job of working out where the bucko wanted to go!
There can't be very many golf courses with a driving range on any road out of Ballina. And he told her it was definitely out the Sligo road.
Is the place in North Corrimbla? Seems like that's what he said to her. I thought Corrimbla was out the Bonniconlon road but I could well be mistaken. She could do with a satnav without having to be told and she should also get a hands free phone kit while she's at it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mylestheslasher

I'd say he meant corballa which is on the sligo road. Listen that golf range is a shit hole and I don't think any locals know anything about it. However, if this boyo had gone from there to Ballina he'd know well how to get back. He got unto the taxi, turned on wee phone video yoke and started to take the piss. I'm a believer in having manners when you visit another place and this boyo had none