Cork v Donegal Semi Final

Started by All of a Sludden, August 05, 2012, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Declan on August 24, 2012, 11:40:46 AM
Lads remember the tall ships show is on as well so lots of roads around city closed off. Cork folks park at Red Cow Luas and Donegal lads park at M3 parkway and get the train to Drumcondra. Less hassle.
Of course that's only if you don't want to sup few  ;)

North Donegal lads won't be heading via the M3 Declan (not unless they want to add 30 miles to the journey)!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

drici

CitySlicker11

Ticket purchased can't wait for this one, one of the hardest games to predict the outcome in years, that is what championship football is all about.

drici

Forecast is for a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire/Áth na gCoire Bridge as the three buses from Naomh Muire move off.

Keane

Interview with Aaron Kernan here where he has some interesting things to say about the game amongst other things:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/livegaelic-exclusive-interview-with-aaron-kernan/

drici

goal 10

Going to toronto this week for a wedding,
would love to see the game on TV anyone know where one would get to see it.   [ thank yo
Don't have laptop or ustream, anyone know a pub showing the game in the toronto area.  [ thank you again ]
[/quote] [/quote]

Galway Arms on The Queensway will be showing it
[/quote]

That's the place to watch it alright... Be warned though there's a right few Corkonians about and you'll have to listen to Mick Kinsella talking a load of nonsense throughout the game!   
[/quote]   Thank screanexile,  The Galway Arms it is.  will there be any donegal people there ?  I don't want to be stuck with that cork shower.   ;D

cadence

Quote from: drici on August 24, 2012, 06:38:08 PM

have received a nice mcguinness tee in the style of guinness. fucken legend.   

cadence

Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2012, 09:32:07 AM
Quote from: drici on August 24, 2012, 06:38:08 PM

Cracker!

would be a nice tee that.

+ this board needs it's own tee. i'd buy one. you can never have enough tees.

donegal lad

Just heard Martin mchugh say on highland radio that croke park expect 60000 tomorrow and the big majority are coming from Donegal up to 40000 expected from the county great numbers travelling

All of a Sludden

Quote from: donegal lad on August 25, 2012, 09:13:18 PM
Just heard Martin mchugh say on highland radio that croke park expect 60000 tomorrow and the big majority are coming from Donegal up to 40000 expected from the county great numbers travelling

Plenty of Donegal cars heading down the motorway this evening, but I can't see Cork bringing a big crowd.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

joemamas

Has Donegal team been named. ?

donegal lad

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 25, 2012, 09:21:38 PM

Plenty of Donegal cars heading down the motorway this evening, but I can't see Cork bringing a big crowd.
Cork expected to bring around 10000 and they say the demand from neutrals is huge would say this can be put down to the high number of Donegal people living in other parts of Ireland as well.

donegal lad

Quote from: joemamas on August 25, 2012, 09:28:25 PM
Has Donegal team been named. ?
No word on Donegal team yet

CorkMan

A lot of the Cork crowd would be waiting for the final. I'm not being cocky, but it's just the way we are.

I can't call this tomorrow. If anyone can get around, or through the Donegal defense, it's Cork. Our pace and power are on a level Donegal won't have experienced in championship since implementing the blanket defense. Aidan Walsh and Alan O'Connor will be absoloutley crucial, espeacially Walsh. We'll need his athleticism to break tackles and create space for other players. It won't be game for the likes of Paddy Kelly. I feel he needs space to operate and that will be in short supply. It looks like Noel O'Leary will be the one charged with following McHugh. No better man imo. If he can negate McHugh, Cork might win more of the breaks.

No surprises here but I'm tipping Cork, like always. Cork by 4.