Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Are Mayo going to warm up in front of the Hill this time too?

Worked out the last time.

Don't think we'll see Pat Gilroy throwing shoulders into the Mayo management team.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

highorlow

if gilroy has any sense and wants to win some kind of warm up battle he should send his team to the canal to warm up at the start.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

cadence

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2012, 07:30:43 AM
Quote from: cadence on September 01, 2012, 07:15:57 AM
i see breheny in the indo today has tipped the dubs... one nail in the coffin coming up!

Sure that hoor never predicts anything Mayo regardless of the opposition. Dubs needn't be worried about that. I do agree with blast, discussion on Donie Vaughan has been minimal. Indeed we must remember that Mayo play a running game with all halfbacks, midfielders and half forwards able to chip in with a few scores at any stage. So do Dublin I suppose.

nothing new for mayo not to be getting their props from national press. this one is v tight. will go down to the wire.

having said that, mayo nearly always pull one cracker of a game a season out of the bag + horan. will be tactical and if your defence is stout and mean enough you have enough up front to get the points you need i think. dubs hit form and get a run of points, it might be a different story. but they haven't as yet and i like to think that form is something that is built up... dub are not the same as last year when they were astonishing at times, particularly against tyrone. can't seem them hitting that kind of form. mayo to win i think.

ross matt

I'm not convinced Alan Brogan will play. Mayo have a real chance of winning this one. The Dubs have'nt shown any sign of raising their form to last year's level. Horan and his panel have had adequate time to plan for Andy's abscence. This particular Mayo outfit have consistenly improved since he took over and they've also shown a high level of mental strength, intelligence and football ability. They wont fear Dublin tomorrow. Best of luck Mayo!

Syferus

Quote from: cadence on September 01, 2012, 06:27:28 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2012, 07:30:43 AM
i see breheny in the indo today has tipped the dubs... one nail in the coffin coming up!

Sure that hoor never predicts anything Mayo regardless of the opposition. Dubs needn't be worried about that. I do agree with blast, discussion on Donie Vaughan has been minimal. Indeed we must remember that Mayo play a running game with all halfbacks, midfielders and half forwards able to chip in with a few scores at any stage. So do Dublin I suppose.

nothing new for mayo not to be getting their props from national press. this one is v tight. will go down to the wire.

having said that, mayo nearly always pull one cracker of a game a season out of the bag + horan. will be tactical and if your defence is stout and mean enough you have enough up front to get the points you need i think. dubs hit form and get a run of points, it might be a different story. but they haven't as yet and i like to think that form is something that is built up... dub are not the same as last year when they were astonishing at times, particularly against tyrone. can't seem them hitting that kind of form. mayo to win i think.

I think that game masks how tight most every other major championship match of the year was for the Dubs. We played Tyrone the week before and alot of what happened to them v. Dublin can be explained by the looseness they were exhibiting even before the game. The first half of Roscommon-Tyrone was one of the most open and free-flowing halves of football I've seen at senior level in a long time. That sort of form against Dublin's mass defence was probably always only going to end in one result.

From the Bunker

I would not mind that, sure he said ''Barry Moran was a central figure in procuring Mayo's attacking gains, but misses tomorrow's game, which further tilts the balance Dublin's way. It's a real pity -- both for Mayo and Moran -- that he's not around to impose his wide range of expertise on the Dublin defence. And whatever the background circumstances of Conor Mortimer's departure from the Mayo squad before the Connacht final, his absence is a big loss, all the more so following Moran's injury.''

ross4life

Apart from the Tyrone game Dublin weren't overly impressive last year but now as All Ireland champions they are expected to turn on the style in every game?

Mayo under Horan are similar to Dublin both are strong at the back, both are physically fit/conditioned & when given space to play both have decent forwards. I think in O'Shea,Moran our neighbours have the advantage at midfield but can they make the best of that advantage?

I foresee a low scoring game with Dubs to scrape over the line.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

There's a lot o optimism floating around among the Mayowr bucks.
That usually ends only one way -- Disaster  :-*
Don't like either of these pair tomorrow but I suppose a Mwr win would at least show there's one reasonably good team in Connacht for the rest of us to try and emulate.
However  I don't think they have the scoring power to win it while Dublin even if Alan B doesn't play should have more firepower.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2012, 09:17:13 PM
Don't like either of these pair tomorrow but I suppose a Mwr win would at least show there's one reasonably good team in Connacht for the rest of us to try and emulate.
However  I don't think they have the scoring power to win it while Dublin even if Alan B doesn't play should have more firepower.

Jaysus you're a fairly sad oul' sack, aren't ya? It's about time Sam crosses the Shannon again, even if it's to our greatest rivals. Success breeds success and a Mayo win would force the rest of Connacht to sink or swim, the whole lot of us have got too comfortable in believing our best efforts should only equal mediocrity. It's something we should all actively want, even for selfish reasons.

sans pessimism

We're Sans pessimism in Gods country-not a sad sheep stealing f**k dog
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on September 01, 2012, 09:34:44 PM

Jaysus you're a fairly sad oul' sack, aren't ya? It's about time Sam crosses the Shannon again, even if it's to our greatest rivals. Success breeds success and a Mayo win would force the rest of Connacht to sink or swim, the whole lot of us have got too comfortable in believing our best efforts should only equal mediocrity. It's something we should all actively want, even for selfish reasons.
I didn't see  Kerry's 30 something Sams breeding a lot of success in the rest of Munster . Only one place I want to see Sam and it ain't going to happen this year. Sam crossing the Shannon to Galway , Mwr or Donegal if they go by train again like in 92 is of no interest to me.
And read my post again you clown - I think you'll find I made the point that a Mwr win would give the other 4 in Connacht something to aim for-  even if it is only to lower the so and so's colours.

By the way they are only our "greatest rivals" over your Western neck of the woods. Up north Laythrum would be the geatest rivals while  the herrin chokers are in most of the county.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Well why the f**k do you revel in every loss we suffer Rossfan? If we're not your greatest rivals. Because last time I checked you weren't from west Ros! Also can we not be optimistic!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2012, 12:34:22 AM
Well why the f**k do you revel in every loss we suffer Rossfan? If we're not your greatest rivals. Because last time I checked you weren't from west Ros! Also can we not be optimistic!

Guilty as charged!

I m getting f**k all optimism around the place? Mood locally is very ..........well subdued. Maybe it s more in the lads away that the optimism is present.

The selection has done nothing for optimism but it was always going to be that way after the Andy injury. Apart from Richie Feeney very few players have got game time that has worked out. My hope is that management would prefer to start some players because they don t trust them to make an impact later. It ll be a 20 man game and when and who comes in is probably more imprtant than the shite about a starting 15.

Anybody read Eugend McGee s bit today ( Didn t buy it of course - would not put a cent in that **** or Brehony s pocket) ?

Used the minor loss to Meath as another example of Mayo s weak mentality, explaining senior failure since 51. Only thing that mattered - injuries and ref decisions were conveniently ignored - so he could build his case to back up his usual agenda.

Oh the irony. His Offaly got over the line thanks to a benevolent Mayo ref. back in 82. I like Offaly Gaa culture but I detest this **** having cred from that.

Gobshite of the highest order.

Mayo Mick

McGee and others will have to learn a new tune in 3 weeks time. 
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

maigheo

I think everybody at this stage knows that Mcgee is not even the first cousin of a good analyst except his employers at the sindo.Same crap every week.Tomorrow is going to be a very tough game for Mayo to win with out Andy Moran and you would have to expect Dublin to be at the top of there game even tho they have not been convincing all year, but they are still the all ireland champs and the team to beat.I think for Mayo to win we will have to get the performance of a lifetime from Michael Conroy and Cillian OConnor in the full forward line as we have to stretch there defense to open up our running game.Being realistic Dublin have more scoring power and should win but I am hoping that Mayo,like Donegal are greater than the sum of there parts and will not take defeat for an answer and go on to contest the all ireland final on sept 23rd