Notre Dame @ Navy - Aviva Stadium, Sept 1st 2012.

Started by AZOffaly, August 02, 2012, 01:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Anyone heading to this? I can't wait for it (pedants can piss off :) ) I'm also heading up on the Friday to Parnell Park to see the two high school games on that evening. There's a tailgate open to the public in Temple Bar on Saturday morning, with the 'Marching Band of the Fighting Irish' making an appearance.

Anyone else heading up? Should be a great weekend I hope.

ballinaman

Yep, there with bells on. Can't wait. Must go to Parnell park, do you need tickets or pay on the gate?

thejuice

AZ, I guess your club didn't reach the county final then.   :-\
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Denn Forever

QuoteThere's a tailgate open to the public in Temple Bar on Saturday morning, with the 'Marching Band of the Fighting Irish' making an appearance.

A Tailgate is where fans have their tae and hang sangwiches before the game?  Is Temple Bar not a bit far away or are they running buses up to Parnell Park?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

heffo

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 02, 2012, 02:08:08 PM
QuoteThere's a tailgate open to the public in Temple Bar on Saturday morning, with the 'Marching Band of the Fighting Irish' making an appearance.

A Tailgate is where fans have their tae and hang sangwiches before the game?  Is Temple Bar not a bit far away or are they running buses up to Parnell Park?

The Parnell pk is the Friday evening. The main event is on the Saturday in the Aviva.

Declan

Heading into the Aviva alright are there not high school games on in Pairc Tailteann as well as Parnell?

Edit - yep game son in Donnybrook and Navan as well - AZ you'll surely go to Navan to watch the Scottsdale team  ;) ;)
http://www.gift2012.com/about-gift/games/

the Deel Rover

Really pissed that i missed thses tickets when they went on sale  >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

heffo

If anyone comes across any spare tickets for the Saturday you might keep me in mind!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Declan on August 02, 2012, 02:15:42 PM
Heading into the Aviva alright are there not high school games on in Pairc Tailteann as well as Parnell?

Edit - yep game son in Donnybrook and Navan as well - AZ you'll surely go to Navan to watch the Scottsdale team  ;) ;)
http://www.gift2012.com/about-gift/games/

There's a team from Chandler in Parnell Park Declan, Hamilton High. :) 

juice, that's still up in the air. Unfortunately my days of worrying about games clashing are over, 'tis the brother that might be affected. We have 6 tickets, and 3 of the lads are on the Ferbane team :)

Capt Pat

The tickets are long gone and the touts are looking to make a killing on this one. Some People bought bought them up to sell them I think.

AZOffaly

Ours are in the grubby paws already, so roll on the 31st August.

Hound

Supposedly there are 35,000 yanks travelling over to Ireland for this. Which is more than are travelling to London for the Olympics! Codswallop surely?

Is this match a friendly/challenge or actually part of their league season?

Oraisteach

It counts, I'm almost certain.  So 1000s from the Navy travelling to Ireland.  In other words, it's an invasion.  Better ready those Killybegs fishing boats.

AZOffaly

It's the first game of the regular season, so yes, it counts. Notre Dame and Navy are both independents as well, so it counts as much as any other game they will play this year.

Hardy

Why is Croke Park missing out on this opportunity? Is anyone in CP marketing the venue or do they just wait for people to ring up and ask if they can use the field?