Ireland and the 2016 Olympics

Started by Olly, August 01, 2012, 08:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

This is a good time to spot the things that make winners. I'm amazed the English didn't do this 7 years ago. They'd have cleaned up.

It has become abundantly clear that to win the swimming you need to be very long as in a long face with a long nose. The men have to have bigger upper body than lower waist area and then long legs. I know of a few boys like that. The man who played Miley would be a case in point. The women have no breasts whatsoever. If the government have any intention of raising the spirits in 4 years time they'd round up all the long faces and small chested women and train them.

All the judo players seem to be low set, angry with oriental appearance. There are plenty of these about the cities in Ireland. I'll be watching the athletics with interest.

There's no reason why Ireland and GB can't win what France are winning. The difference is lifestyle and attitude to sport.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Hardy

Yep. We should be a bit more scientific, like the successful countries in spotting talent at an early age. Round up all the teenagers in the country and ask them "here, have you got a boat, hey?". Put  any of them who says, "now, I have now bout", in a bout, sorry boat sailing round and round the coast for the next four years and then send all the survivors off to Rio de Janeiro to pick up medals by the bucketful. That's what the Chinese would do.

AQMP

I've never been able to fathom why we don't clean up in the shooting events ???

nifan

Quote from: AQMP on August 01, 2012, 10:33:20 AM

I think its because its difficult to get the targets parents to bring it down a back alley to get shot.

LeoMc

Quote from: nifan on August 01, 2012, 11:06:13 AM
Quote from: AQMP on August 01, 2012, 10:33:20 AM

I think its because its difficult to get the targets parents to bring it down a back alley to get shot.
We have a better record in the sailing events than in the swimming events. Is it because the water is so cold we try harder not to fall in?

Olly

In China they have worked out the DNA for a good judoist or swimmer and are manufacturing the DNA in science labs. They then inject the foetus with the DNA and hey presto - the next Japanese Goodhew. They also ask the Chinese if they want anything else done to the foetus but the Chinese are cute enough not to make it obvious ie making him big and blond and speaking American.

Similar things are underway in Queens lab in Belfast. Ie making DNA for policemen with noses like sniffer dogs etc.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Hardy

Another thing. I think we're limiting our chances with silly stuff like having a whole lot of big muscular horsey people on the equestrian team while all the travellers are on the boxing team. Surely the travellers should be on the horses - especially the little skinny ones. And the big-arsed women from the manor houses should be in the ring horsewhipping underfed foreigners.

John Joe Nevin and his team mate Mrs Milly Ponsonby-Smythe should be having chats over their cornflakes in the cafeteria in the mornings and coming to an arrangement.

seafoid

i read an article about the lympics and how body shape is the best indicator of future medal success. Instead of having young fellas lepping around GAA pitches in november you would really need to identify them by body shape and send them to an elite training programme but it sounds like an awful lot of hassle really.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Hardy on August 01, 2012, 02:38:34 PM
Another thing. I think we're limiting our chances with silly stuff like having a whole lot of big muscular horsey people on the equestrian team while all the travellers are on the boxing team. Surely the travellers should be on the horses - especially the little skinny ones. And the big-arsed women from the manor houses should be in the ring horsewhipping underfed foreigners.

John Joe Nevin and his team mate Mrs Milly Ponsonby-Smythe should be having chats over their cornflakes in the cafeteria in the mornings and coming to an arrangement.

I'd let the travellers do the fighting and the horse riding. One of them was asked there today did they "think John-Joe would go on to take gold" and he said "we will take bronze, lead, aluminium, iron, anything we can. They should also include hurling in the next olympics.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 01, 2012, 11:52:37 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 01, 2012, 02:38:34 PM

I'd let the travellers do the fighting and the horse riding. One of them was asked there today did they "think John-Joe would go on to take gold" and he said "we will take bronze, lead, aluminium, iron, anything we can. They should also include hurling in the next olympics.

;D ;D Very good bud
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Olly

Don't understand why we don't do well at fencing too. My father used to be fencing from morning to night but never got picked as the Olympic committee never came up this far to look. There are some good fencers out there wasted.

Aristo 60

The BBC had an interesting webpage where you fill in your height and weight and it came back with which Olympian you are most like. It matched me with some fellow called Larry Reilly.