Galway v Cork, All-Ireland Semi-Final, Croke Park, 12th August

Started by CorkMan, July 31, 2012, 08:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Paddy Wan Kenobi

You would think one of the teams would play in their away kits. It's hard to make out what's going on at times.

Declan

The difference in the refereeing between the football and hurling is unreal. You have to be nearly decapitated in hurling to get a free.

Blowitupref

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Blowitupref

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maxpower

Thought Johnny Coen was motm, absolutely brilliant from start to finish!

Good game
What happens next????

seafoid

Cork weren't good enough. Lots of work for Galway. They could have scored more with all the ball they had. Too many passes to Cork backs in acres of space. But great to get the win and be back in the all ireland final. 

CorkMan

Ok, ok. The better team definitley won. It doesn't always happen and yesterday I thought that maybe it shouldn't have. Despite how good Galway were and how poor Cork were in the second half, the difference at full-time was only five points. The difference in performance meant it probably should have been around 9 or 10 points. Cork had so many wides and made so many unforced errors. The best example of the two is Niall McCarthy put a shot wide that would have brought it back to I think 2 points with 10 minutes to go. Also, he missed the ball completely, unchallenged in front of the goals and if he'd caught it, it was an easy point. All the same, though fair play to Galway, they blew us away in the second half and had a lot of their own wides. Best of luck to ye in the final.

AZOffaly

I thought Fergal Moore was brilliant as well. He set the tone with a brillant block down of Luke O'Farrell, and Cork missed the 65 too. Was involved in breaking up a pile of Cork attacks as well. Brilliant corner back play. I thought Tony Og Regan was solid as well.

On another note, that little sub Galway brought on at centre forward, number 23 with the yellow helmet, did some unseen job. I copped him on the TV several times absolutely dogging Eoin Cadogan out of it. It was class. Cadogan is usually the lad spoiling and annoying fellas, but this lad was nearly inside his jersey, wiring into him as balls dropped 20 yards over their heads. Very funny.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 13, 2012, 02:16:46 PM
On another note, that little sub Galway brought on at centre forward, number 23 with the yellow helmet, did some unseen job. I copped him on the TV several times absolutely dogging Eoin Cadogan out of it. It was class. Cadogan is usually the lad spoiling and annoying fellas, but this lad was nearly inside his jersey, wiring into him as balls dropped 20 yards over their heads. Very funny.

That was Davy Glennon. Was man of the match in one of the minor All-Ireland finals a couple of years ago. Only a young fella. Meant to be a bit of a character alright.

homeofhurling8

Was there yesterday entertaining some clients(not much chance of that next Sunday ;)) a mixture of lads from Germany, Holland and two English lads who got a great kick out of Glennons antics, the young lad isn't wired up right, at one stage he hit Cadogan a right sceilp on the arse with the boss of the hurley then took off running before Cadogan could respond in kind, the two boys were in fits laughing, the pair of them asked me to sort some tickets for the final on the back of yesterdays entertainment.

As for the match itself i thought Galway were good value for the win although if i were a Galway man i would have to watch from behind my fingers anytime the ball went in around the square between Skehill and Hynes and horse Regan has never impressed me although he has been much improved thus far this year, his looseness has to be a worry, then again Brick is even looser and it hasn't done him any harm.