Whats going on in BBC NI

Started by Applesisapples, July 31, 2012, 05:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2012, 04:43:14 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 05, 2012, 02:46:44 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 05, 2012, 02:08:14 PM
Donegal very Kerry on today for those of us who dont get TV3.
Recognising a 9 county Ulster. Credit where its due.

Credit my arse, they wont show anything that doesnt gaurantee big ratings

They have shown every QF game featuring a northern team for the last few years so I am not sure what your point is. Mayo v Down a big ratings pull ?

My point is that every QF featuring an Ulster Team is guaranteed to be keenly followed by every football fan in Ulster as that is just the done thing even if their own county is not in it. The BBC know this and that is one of the main  reasons  they show all QF games. So I dont see why we should congratulate BBC for showing Donegal game. And yes I would consider Down v Mayo as a game which would create interest.

Minder

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 05, 2012, 05:08:30 PM

They have shown every QF game featuring a northern team for the last few years so I am not sure what your point is. Mayo v Down a big ratings pull ?

My point is that every QF featuring an Ulster Team is guaranteed to be keenly followed by every football fan in Ulster as that is just the done thing even if their own county is not in it. The BBC know this and that is one of the main  reasons  they show all QF games. So I dont see why we should congratulate BBC for showing Donegal game. And yes I would consider Down v Mayo as a game which would create interest.

What games have they not shown that they should have?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2012, 05:10:43 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 05, 2012, 05:08:30 PM

I dont follow you? I never said anywhere that they have not shown games they should have, simply that they show all games involving Ulster teams because they will be well watched throughout Ulster, they dont derserve credit, especially when quite a few people pay TV license fees to watch it

Maguire01

The BBC don't have advertising revenue - they don't have to chase the big viewing figures.

Sportacus

They are obsessed with viewing figures.

chocoholic

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2012, 05:10:43 PM

The All Ireland finals (club and county).
The 'Ulster' hurling final.