Dublin v Laois - AIQF

Started by Dinny Breen, July 29, 2012, 07:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Don't think this will as straight forward as many will predict with many Dubs already talking about an AIF appearance although can't see this Dublin team been that complacent.

Anyhow Laois will have a very competitive midfield and have a very good defensive structure and are a lot more physical than the Micko Laois but outside Munnellly and similar to Kildare they lack that je ne sais quoi quality in the final third. Will expect Laois to fustrate Dublin and I think Dublin will get a good examination but realistically if Dublin perform they'll win. I think the spread on Laois is 7 points which would be a great bet.

#newbridgeornowhere

cadence

dublin should have enough firepower, and the defensive ruthlessness and shrewdness, to see them through this one. tough draw on laois.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Laois have an excellent midfield in begley and quigley, are physically a very strong team now and have carrot top as a target man, this is a potential banana skin if dublin are not tuned in, result being a foregone conclusion is the usual summer brigade bafoons who wouldnt know mcauley from bastic.............bafoons ........................alas I hope we steam roll this lad

mylestheslasher

I think there is a real chance of a shock here.

Dinny Breen

Quotecarrot top as a target man

Was at the game in 2003 I think when Clancy scored a wonder point, one of the best scores I've ever seen.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 29, 2012, 11:13:07 AM

Bad draw for Laois, lost last year to Dublin 0-11 to 1-16. Can't but see one winner. Hope i'm wrong.

Hardy

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 29, 2012, 11:10:19 AM
Laois have an excellent midfield in begley and quigley, are physically a very strong team now and have carrot top as a target man, this is a potential banana skin if dublin are not tuned in, result being a foregone conclusion is the usual summer brigade bafoons who wouldnt know mcauley from bastic.............bafoons ........................alas I hope we steam roll this lad

None of your wistful, dreamy-eyed Seanie Johnston poses there. Billy looks like a lad trying to remember his address.

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2012, 12:33:17 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 29, 2012, 11:13:07 AM

Bad draw for Laois, lost last year to Dublin 0-11 to 1-16. Can't but see one winner. Hope i'm wrong.

And what would have been a good draw?
All the teams left are better than Laois.
Cork and Donegal would have been just as bad a draw and while Mayo was the preferable draw they would probably be still to strong for us.
It was an achievement getting this far and credit to the lads for picking it up after losing to Longford.
I don't expect it to go any further though.

Hope you are wrong too though  :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Hardy on July 29, 2012, 12:35:48 PM
None of your wistful, dreamy-eyed Seanie Johnston poses there. Billy looks like a lad trying to remember his address.

Ah no - Billy is just thinking "I wonder who'll come out on top in the Hardy Vs Agorm spat on the Laois-Meath thread ?"  ;D

Hardy

Ah that's hardly even a spat. Just a family squabble.

Dont Matter

Dublin are 1/9, easy victory for the Dubs on their way to two in a row. They should just send their B team, Laois were very lucky to beat Meath 6 days after they lost the Leinster final. Leitrim should have beaten Laois, even Carlow should have. Plus Laois picked up a good few injuries in yesterdays match and some players have fallen out with McNulty. Put your house on Dublin -7, easy money.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Declan

We should win but haven't really played well for longer than 10 minute spells so far this season. Laois looked good at times yesterday so nothing taken for granted

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 29, 2012, 11:47:35 AM

Was at the game in 2003 I think when Clancy scored a wonder point, one of the best scores I've ever seen.

Indeed it really was a splendid score.........................in fairness to Clancy I always thought he would push on more since 2003, he never reached the heights again imo, Ross OC will have to watch him closely

heffo

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 29, 2012, 08:32:46 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 29, 2012, 11:47:35 AM

Indeed it really was a splendid score.........................in fairness to Clancy I always thought he would push on more since 2003, he never reached the heights again imo, Ross OC will have to watch him closely

Indeed that seems to have been the height as he's struggled against the Dubs in the many matches since.

Some might say his 'Dublin footballers are ladyboys' interview before we beat them by 15 points in 2006 I think was another highpoint, not sure I'd agree.

Really struggling to have any interest or motivation for this match..

squire_in_navy_slacks

Indeed motivation is low, this is were the danger is, an early laois goal on a wet night may drag it into the mire ................................ dublin lads will really have to be on there game to win this, mayo, down and laois fans roaring on carrot top and good boy munnelly should make for an interesting evening