Cork v Kildare

Started by CorkMan, July 28, 2012, 08:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildrover

At least we can take some source of comfort from the fact that we weren't the only team that got humbled at headquarters this weekend...

Didnt envisage kildare (or any team of kieran mcgeeneys) crumbling like this...

4 heavyweights (whoever comes out of the donegal v kerry bout) in the last 4 anyway...

brokencrossbar1

Perhaps Armag could have kept their counsel on the managers job for a few weeks? ;)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2012, 03:26:21 PM
Cavan folks' best day in Croke for many a year!

I'd say Seanie J. will wake up tomorrow morning thinking to himself that all the hastle was worth it. Actually, the Geezer will probably have the same thoughts.

Kildare as we thought over rated by the media (Not the kildare punter). Not top 4!

Donnellys Hollow

Ah sure..... Thought we had em there for a while  :-\
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 05, 2012, 03:49:08 PM
Ah sure..... Thought we had em there for a while  :-\

Your a sound skin Donnelly and you called the SJ affair right and I'm sorry for you that this whole mess blackened Kildare's name within the gaa. However, I'm happy ye lost and I hope ye have the sense to get rid of mcgeeney now. SJ might find he's not wanted anywhere next year.

All of a Sludden

I just don't get the hype with McGeeney and Kildare. They have won nothing despite all their huffing a puffing and have always come up well short at the business end of the season. Kildare certainly aren't getting value for money.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Declan

Cork are impressive when they move at pace. It'll take some team to beat them

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Declan on August 05, 2012, 04:37:55 PM

Cork v Donegal will be a hell of a game. 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 05, 2012, 05:28:58 PM

They both should have enough to beat Dublin in the final.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 05, 2012, 05:31:13 PM

I think Mayo will beat the Dubs

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 05, 2012, 05:32:52 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 05, 2012, 05:31:13 PM

I think Mayo will beat the Dubs

Enough about the league match earlier in the year, this is the championship sure.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Minder

Seanie Johnston should stick to the hurling
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

naka

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 05, 2012, 04:10:46 PM
I just don't get the hype with McGeeney and Kildare. They have won nothing despite all their huffing a puffing and have always come up well short at the business end of the season. Kildare certainly aren't getting value for money.

Mc geeney must be under pressure given the level of investment in him and the various coaches,
Only a division 2 trophy which is on a Par With paddy o rourke,
Surely Glenn Ryan must have his supporters in the county .

Dinny Breen

Amusing to see the knife been stuck in after the fact.

Kildare supporters have no ludicrous sense of entitlement, we do believe we should be contesting Leinster finals every few years and that would be the extent of our realistic ambitions, we will always dream of winning an All-Ireland and without that dream we would be lesser people.

It use to be that the coming through the qualifiers was an advantage, we came back at Cork once but we couldn't do it a second time as we were just dead on our feet with 20 to go.

Cork are a machine in flow, superb footballers and their movement and creation of space was fantastic to watch.

It will take a good team to beat Cork and I don't see it happening this year, best of luck to the remaining teams.

As for Kildare team, thanks for the effort and commitment, people forget that it takes a serious effort to get promoted out of Division 2 and with the circus coming to town early it was always going to be hard to maintain it our momentum.

We have a young side and Division 1 will really bring them on, so as is the Kildare motto in August, there is always next year....
#newbridgeornowhere

eviemonkey

Delighted and pleasantly surprised with that performance to be honest. Cork were lucky to take a three point lead into the interval as the two goals were fortunate enough. Was worried at half time but the bout of handbags at the start of the second half seemed to focus the team and we pushed on from there. The defense was excellent, with Canty and Kissane excelling. Aidan Walsh was outstanding. He made one or two sloppy turnovers at the end of the first half but he was totally dominant in the second period.

Goold had a fine game today, picking up plenty of broken ball and pushing the team forward. Kelly and Pearse O'Neill made a big difference when introduced from the bench. Colm O'Neill has talent but was lazy enough and needs to work harder. The Nicholas Murphy at full forward experiment isn't working and needs to be dispensed into the Plan B folder. Goulding offered more with his first touch than Murphy did for 41 minutes.

Kildare ran out of steam in the second half. Their ability to break into the top echelon of counties will ultimately depend on the younger players they have coming through, particularly forwards like Dowling and Fogarty. Competing the top division can only be a benefit in the long-term.