Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkMan

Quote from: mlcollins on August 06, 2012, 03:58:59 PM
::) My previous assertion of your mental state grows stronger and stronger but then again coming from another country ye have more lax rules re: sectioning. This echolalia thing is further symptomatic of your unbalanced mental state but then again what would you expect from a TROLLy dolly  ;) LOL, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, bye bye saddo. 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands.

And that's how ye'll stay, boy. No more All-Irelands for ye for a while.

Fuzzman

Quote from: blanketattack on August 07, 2012, 11:16:00 AM
Congrats to Donegal from a downbeat Kerry fan. I thought the Donegal footballers and supporters were a credit to their county. Donegal showed great defensive grit, and attacked with great speed, numbers and purpose and in McFadden they had a player who's accuracy was phenomenal.
Donegal won because of their great tanacity, scoring ability and just all-round played better. Well done and I hope ye go all the way now.

Simple, short and excellent post Blanket. A lot of us (not just Kerry fans) could learn to reply like this when we lose.
I am sure others will say the same about being good winners.

No whinging about Donegal's tactics or how they're spoiling the game. That talk is for maybe November or December time if you think that way. You have to beat what's out there and whilst I too don't like the way Donegal play or how they beat us the last 2 years, you still have to say its some turnaround from where they were in 2010.
You have to ask yourself why can't more team learn from this and reach such levels?

I too am now looking forward to the Cork game and I think Cork could be sh*tting themselves as they've known in the past to collapse when things are up against them.

Were people amazed how much long ball was kicked into Donegal's FF line on Sunday?
Also disappointed how quiet Galvin & Gooch was on Sunday. Donegal are masters at snuffing out your danger men.
Mark McHugh really got his hands on a lot of ball and his Dooher style non stop running is immense

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2012, 02:54:06 PM
You'd have had to wait for the replay on Saturday Croí. ;D

Was there a rule change this year so that quarter finals don't go to extra time any more?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

sheamy

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 07, 2012, 03:06:34 PM
Were people amazed how much long ball was kicked into Donegal's FF line on Sunday?

Yep, that's the one thing that struck me about the game. Firstly, that they did so much of it, and secondly how poor quality it was. If they deliver as much easy ball to the Cork defence they'll not get away as handy.

I felt that had Donegal persisted with their hard running game, they would have destroyed Kerry. They don't have that many good footballers at the end of the day but their athleticism more than makes up for it.

blanketattack

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 07, 2012, 03:06:34 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 07, 2012, 11:16:00 AM
Congrats to Donegal from a downbeat Kerry fan. I thought the Donegal footballers and supporters were a credit to their county. Donegal showed great defensive grit, and attacked with great speed, numbers and purpose and in McFadden they had a player who's accuracy was phenomenal.
Donegal won because of their great tanacity, scoring ability and just all-round played better. Well done and I hope ye go all the way now.

Simple, short and excellent post Blanket. A lot of us (not just Kerry fans) could learn to reply like this when we lose.
I am sure others will say the same about being good winners.

No whinging about Donegal's tactics or how they're spoiling the game. That talk is for maybe November or December time if you think that way. You have to beat what's out there and whilst I too don't like the way Donegal play or how they beat us the last 2 years, you still have to say its some turnaround from where they were in 2010.
You have to ask yourself why can't more team learn from this and reach such levels?

I too am now looking forward to the Cork game and I think Cork could be sh*tting themselves as they've known in the past to collapse when things are up against them.

Also disappointed how quiet Galvin & Gooch was on Sunday. Donegal are masters at snuffing out your danger men.
Mark McHugh really got his hands on a lot of ball and his Dooher style non stop running is immense

If I saw anything terrible about the style of play I would have mentioned it. Donegal defended in droves like any decent intecounty team does in hurling or football, but they attacked in droves as well. It was actually one of the cleanest games of football I've seen in Croke Park in years, both on and off the ball.

johnpower

Well done to  Donegal on Sunday.It will make for some semi final with Cork. Hopefully Jack and the team can get time contrmplate there future. I was pleased that they did not throw in the towel and kept plugging away at it.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 07, 2012, 03:11:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2012, 02:54:06 PM
You'd have had to wait for the replay on Saturday Croí. ;D

Was there a rule change this year so that quarter finals don't go to extra time any more?
Yes extra games means extra cash.

cadence

Quote from: J OGorman on August 07, 2012, 10:47:28 AM
its every Donegal mans right and duty to get behind their team. What would the Donegal men on here backing their team's tactics to the hilt, 'results industry', 'I dont care if we won 0-01 to 0-00'' etc etc, think when every county, and then club adopts this 14 man defence approach? Every game will be ultra defensive and cynical and pretty much unwatchable. Esp @ club level as the fitness and conditioning wont be near what Donegal's is. The men wont be able to break up the field on mass. 
For the neutral, albeit mostly ulster men (well mostly Tyrone) with a chip on their shoulder re our southern brethren, who seem to think Jim McGuinness's Donegal's style is 'fascinating', 'absorbing' and the like..what will you think when this becomes the norm? Every bucking game the same, 14 man defence.
To qualify, I'm from Donegal stock, the vast majority of my family live in Donegal. I work in the county. I've nothing but love for the county. I had one of my best curts in the trees outside the Milford Inn after a chicken basket one night. The Silver Tassie does the best Sunday carvery on the planet There is nothing personal in the questions above. Its from a purely footballing point of view.

was being rhetorical j with the one to zip there.

+ i know the inn well. a mecca for courting and sausage suppers.

J OGorman

Quote from: cadence on August 07, 2012, 08:57:19 PM
its every Donegal mans right and duty to get behind their team. What would the Donegal men on here backing their team's tactics to the hilt, 'results industry', 'I dont care if we won 0-01 to 0-00'' etc etc, think when every county, and then club adopts this 14 man defence approach? Every game will be ultra defensive and cynical and pretty much unwatchable. Esp @ club level as the fitness and conditioning wont be near what Donegal's is. The men wont be able to break up the field on mass. 
For the neutral, albeit mostly ulster men (well mostly Tyrone) with a chip on their shoulder re our southern brethren, who seem to think Jim McGuinness's Donegal's style is 'fascinating', 'absorbing' and the like..what will you think when this becomes the norm? Every bucking game the same, 14 man defence.
To qualify, I'm from Donegal stock, the vast majority of my family live in Donegal. I work in the county. I've nothing but love for the county. I had one of my best curts in the trees outside the Milford Inn after a chicken basket one night. The Silver Tassie does the best Sunday carvery on the planet There is nothing personal in the questions above. Its from a purely footballing point of view.

RIP the Milford Inn Cadence! Sad times. Suppers through the hatch, white hi-tec leagues and a lift after in some mad hooers link box

cadence

Quote from: J OGorman on August 07, 2012, 09:31:17 PM
Quote from: cadence on August 07, 2012, 08:57:19 PM

RIP the Milford Inn Cadence! Sad times. Suppers through the hatch, white hi-tec leagues and a lift after in some mad hooers link box

;D lightning strikes or the memories to boot.... i'm feeling it!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 07, 2012, 08:54:26 AM
::) My previous assertion of your mental state grows stronger and stronger but then again coming from another country ye have more lax rules re: sectioning. This echolalia thing is further symptomatic of your unbalanced mental state but then again what would you expect from a TROLLy dolly  ;) LOL, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, bye bye saddo. 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands, 36 all-irelands.

Two Mike Sheehys. Theres only two Mike Sheehys...

Two Dirk Digglers, there's only two Dirk Digglers....

Whishtup

Well done Donegal!  Was so delighted that I watched the full Derrytresk v Dromid Pearse's match last night again to celebrate. 

J OGorman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2012, 09:59:41 AM

the real Mike Sheehy would be proud

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: J OGorman on August 08, 2012, 12:20:33 PM

Embarrassed, I'd say
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 08, 2012, 10:50:55 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on August 08, 2012, 12:20:33 PM

Embarrassed, I'd say

Embarrassed for you, yes.  You were strangely absent on the board when it mattered.