Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Two defeats and Kerry are out maybe they should be given a third chance like their minors? Donegal's win proves Kerry still have problem's against the blanket defense and all the celebrating,tears of joy after the Tyrone win was all for nothing now.

Cork v Donegal will be some game.

eddie d

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 05, 2012, 05:54:00 PM
Quote from: Chimley on August 05, 2012, 05:48:18 PM
Why are TV3and some posters talking about a square ball. I thought that rule was done away with except from free kicks????????

Yes Mayo and Cork got similar goals in their games. Totally confused by the new rules!  ::)

the player cant be in the square before the ball is kicked/passed

cadence

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 05, 2012, 06:49:36 PM
Congrats to Donegal. Well done the lads, they gave it a right good lash. It just wasn't to be.

thanks. was a right battle of a game and we got a scalp today that will do us the power of good belief-wise. best game of the weekend.

lenny

Quote from: cadence on August 05, 2012, 07:38:44 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 05, 2012, 06:49:36 PM
Congrats to Donegal. Well done the lads, they gave it a right good lash. It just wasn't to be.

thanks. was a right battle of a game and we got a scalp today that will do us the power of good belief-wise. best game of the weekend.

Both goals were square balls today so it evened itself out.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Effectively, Kerry had to play the equivalent of an Ulster Championship this year...
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: haranguerer on August 05, 2012, 07:12:49 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 05, 2012, 07:03:10 PM
They are a great bunch of players no doubt. Tomas is still playing and to think he helped put Galway to the sword 12 years ago ! A different breed of men thats for sure.

Just to share what we have to put up with, and why theres a whole thread giving out about him, Mark Sidebottom of the bbc regarding Tomas O Se -

'83 appearances, incredible - I'd say he could make the 100 Oisin?'
20 minutes later:

'I'd say Tomas O Se could hang them up after this year'

;D
that will be of immense comfort to kerry people no doubt as they face into another winter gan Sam. But at least they did not throw it away this time. They just were not good enough and so they are as out as any other team that is out.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2012, 07:44:54 PM
Effectively, Kerry had to play the equivalent of an Ulster Championship this year...

100%
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

under the bar

I'd expect the Kerry players who celebrated wildly in the faces of Tyrone players as if they'd already won the AI feel pretty silly now.   Karma.

bennydorano

Congrats to Donegal, deserving winners, I really don't see them beating Cork thou.

Fuzzman

Congrats again to Donegal on their first of many wins over the kingdom. I met some interesting Kerry 'fans' around me. Still, I enjoyed that today and KM if you fancy meeting fur a pint this evening let me know. I'm out with another lad from the board. I'll be well behaved don't worry.

Orchardman

Quote from: under the bar on August 05, 2012, 08:07:51 PM
I'd expect the Kerry players who celebrated wildly in the faces of Tyrone players as if they'd already won the AI feel pretty silly now.   Karma.

kerry were dead right to celebrate after beating tyrone, played lovely football. There would be 31 miserable counties every year if no team could celebrate a win until the final

Mike Sheehy

Its a good thing really being beaten twice by Cork would have been a disaster. I think the lads are entitled to "do a Tyrone" and sneak out early to recharge the batteries.

J OGorman

Quote from: under the bar on August 05, 2012, 08:07:51 PM

In all fairness it was a nice moment

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: Collins on August 05, 2012, 06:12:17 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 05, 2012, 06:02:24 PM
ye give Down supporters a bad name...a gabshite of the highest order.

Would you care to describe why I'm a gabshite? If you disagree with something I've posted, why don't you tell me why you disagree and think Im wrong? You know, help me see the light? Instead of just attacking me ad hominem. But then again we all know the type of person that argues ad hominem, don't we? (Go on, look it up, there's a good lad)

And to say I give other Down supporters a bad name, I'm afraid, shows your intellectual limitations. Just because I support one team doesn't mean I share all the same traits as other people who follow that very same side. To suggest otherwise is moronic in the extreme.

By the way, do you talk to people in the street like that? Because if you do you must have had a fair few beatings by now for being a mouthy wee p***k who lacks the intelligence or vocabulary to legitimately express an opinion.

Think ive hit a wee nerve there.
Im not intending to hijack a thread and have it go off on a tangent by engaging in nonsense with posters.
Simply put i dont like the tone of alot of your messages and find alot of your views nonsensical or biased in the extreme.
I will say this for you though. You have an excellent grasp of the english language and an impressive range of vocabulary at your disposal.
You will go far. I look forward to lots of insightful and knowledgable musings from you in the future not just on the state of Down football but GAA in general, not to mention some more nuggets from your phrase book.

Never been called wee in my life before. :o

borderfox

Great performance again from Donegal. Incredible intensity and deserved winners. Head and shoulders above everybody else in Ulster, Fingers crossed you will be celebrating success in late September.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.