Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

Well it's the one I really didn't want and leaves us with an unimaginably tough QF. Still, we've never had the chance to give them a good rattle. Up Donegal!!

CorkMan

This was the one I wanted. Think Donegal can beat them. Who do the winners play in the semis?

RMDrive

Seamus

First ever championship meeting between the teams, winners play Kildare or Cork.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

comethekingdom

Presuming they bate the lillies!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Should be a cracker.......id say the kerry shower room is quite now  ;D

J70

I'd say its quiet enough wherever the Donegal squad is too. Very, very tough game and it will tell some truths about where exactly we are after two impressive Kerry performances. This could be quite a cynical, nasty game as both sides look to slow down the breaking runners. Donegal will certainly want to tighten up after giving up a few half-chances for goals against Tyrone and Down. Definitely fearful of playing Kerry, but f**k it, this is what its all about!

comethekingdom

This will be a very tough one for either Kerry or Donegal - 2 sides that have never played each other in championship (Correct me if i'm wrong !) Jim McGuinness will have a fair oul insight into Kerry from his years running about Tralee and playing Sigerson with the RTC.
However I feel we still have the better forwards to shade it.

yellowcard

I predict that this will be a nasty cynical low scoring game and Donegal will retreat further back for this game. I am strangely looking forward to this one though.

Aaron Boone

Kerry favourites with Paddy Power 8/11.
Donegal 11/8 and draw 15/2.

orangeman

I'm really looking forward to the contrast in styles.

donegal lad

well its the one i really didnt want but thats life need look forward to it. think we will retreat a bit more than he have a try catch them on the counter one thing is for certain we cant give away goal chances to kerry like we did against tyron and down and we cant afford the slow start like the last day as we will be beat by half time

orangeman

Quote from: donegal lad on July 28, 2012, 09:43:23 PM
well its the one i really didnt want but thats life need look forward to it. think we will retreat a bit more than he have a try catch them on the counter one thing is for certain we cant give away goal chances to kerry like we did against tyron and down and we cant afford the slow start like the last day as we will be beat by half time

I hope you don't.

Why change now ? Keep doing what you're doing.

seafoid

Ta tir chonaill ag teacht agus dhera nil  ciarrai chomh  maith is a bhiodh  .

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Not exactly the 1/4 final draw either team wanted, but you have to beat whats put in front of you i guess. Its gonna be a bruising encounter. Think we have the game to beat them and if we move the ball quick enough our forwards can do damage...but it is going to be a battle, thats for sure.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...