Mayo V Down- All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by Sam2011, July 28, 2012, 08:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

What a bittersweet win. Great performance, but I can't see us going all the way without Moran. What a disaster.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

wildrover

Declan Rooney who came on for Down there 5 minutes ago played an entire club game for Burren at midfield last night (I witnessed it with my own two eyes)...there are some serious questions need answered by management here...this is an all-ireland senior quarter final and boys are being given game-time after playing club matches less than 24 hours before...pathetic....

under the bar

so who's the last team mayo  could have scored ten goals against then Cosmo?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 04, 2012, 06:18:16 PM
Quote from: under the bar on August 04, 2012, 06:14:16 PM
Jeez Down are awful.  Being made to look like wee boys by Mayo takes some level  of under-achievement, no disrespect to the westerners.

That's hugely disrespectful. Saying 'no disrespect' doesn't change that.

Listen, since the draw was made Mayo got nothing but disrespect on this board, we were the handy draw.  :P

DUBSFORSAM1

God Down are absolutely woeful.....starting to show how poor Ulster football is becoming...

Donnellys Hollow

Such a pity for Moran. Hopefully it's not a bad injury.

I get the feeling that this result as impressive as it is will do Mayo no good facing into the semi-final. Down seem to have seriously regressed in the space of two years.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Collins

No pride in the shirt from quite a few players out there - all seem to be in defence too. Shameful to be honest. Haven't said that a lot about Down but today is unforgivable. Don't mind being beaten by a better side, as Mayo (and Donegal) clearly are, but to just throw the towel in and gift so many goal chances, and to allow Mayo players shooting practice from between 25-35 metres isn't on.

James needs to take some blame too. Attitude comes from the manager. He's had some good runs and fantastic results but its when you're under the hammer like today is when your character is questioned. And the answers being offered up simply aren't good enough.

Wish we could have a clear out in defence but we simply don't have the players in the county.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: under the bar on August 04, 2012, 06:22:52 PM
so who's the last team mayo  could have scored ten goals against then Cosmo?

Probably Tyrone, they are useless.

Captain Obvious

Down poor however any team that can score 3-18 in a quarter final will take some stopping.

thewobbler

I hate the way Down have no bottle and no pride.

I hate the way referees prevent comebacks by not punishing deliberate fouls.

I hate football. That could be the last game that I watch for a long time. Disgusted.

Collins

Painful. Thank fcuk its over.  :'(

Well done Mayo, but I hope you boys don't underestimate just how pathetic we were today. As better preparation for the semi you would have been better having a game amongst yourselves.

rrhf

At least the dub fans don't have to watch that.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: thewobbler on August 04, 2012, 06:33:09 PM
I hate the way Down have no bottle and no pride.

I hate the way referees prevent comebacks by not punishing deliberate fouls.

I hate football. That could be the last game that I watch for a long time. Disgusted.

Some supporter you are  ::) Another gobshite who gives it loads on the good days and runs away when the going gets tough.

ross4life

Some day for mayo footballers at croker today will do well to top it in the semis
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open