All Ireland Senior Football Quarter Finals 2012

Started by drici, July 28, 2012, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2012, 03:46:04 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2012, 03:38:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2012, 03:02:23 PM
Ah, I wasn't accounting for Meath losing yesterday. That means the Tyrone-Meath match will be outside Croke Park. That makes the metrics a bit simpler.

Location seperation also makes Roscommon-Kerry a likely candidate for a triple bill at Croke Park while I feel like Mayo-Tipp is most likely to be the odd man out of the three Croke Park options, Tullamore seems as close to ideal as you'd get for a location for that one.

I think you should go out more  ::)

More likely Ennis, Tullamore is the other side of the country for us!

Well not from most places in East Mayo, I'm just inside the West Roscommon boarder and I can make Tullamore in an hour and a half give or take. Mayo's a big county obviously so whatever the choice would be some corner of it gets staddled with a long journey. Tullamore would also fulfil the old neutral province chestnut and that shouldn't be discounted when a few locations are possibilities.

Captain Obvious

Ah, I wasn't accounting for Meath losing yesterday. That means the Tyrone-Meath match will be outside Croke Park. That makes the metrics a bit simpler.

Location seperation also makes Roscommon-Kerry a likely candidate for a triple bill at Croke Park while I feel like Mayo-Tipp is most likely to be the odd man out of the three Croke Park options, Tullamore seems as close to ideal as you'd get for a location for that one.

Wouldn't that be Croke park.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 29, 2012, 04:29:08 PM

Wouldn't that be Croke park.

That too! Have you been taking Geography lessons?

Farrandeelin

When are we going to find out times/dates and venues?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Mayo - V's - Down will take place next Saturday 4th August at 5.00p.m. in Croke Park after the Mayo Minors at 3.00pm

hondacounty

Minors play Tipp at 3 next Saturday, Seniors to follow according to Mayo GAA

drici

Saturday 4th August
Mayo v Down
5-00pm   Croke Park

Dublin v Laois
7-00pm   Croke Park

Sunday 5th August
Kildare v Cork
2-00pm   Croke Park

Donegal v Kerry
4-00pm   Croke Park

here comes 6

Syferus

Great for Mayo to have the double bill. I had thought the GAA mightn't be able to resist doubling up with the Dublin minors but it was big of them to not leave Mayo out in the cold.

Croí na hÉireann

Great draw for the Dubs but they could come a cropper against Mayo in the semis. Other side of the draw is too tight to call, maybe Cork as they should beat Kildare and Donegal & Kerry will have had tough outings to reach the semi final. Sunday will be a tasty day in Croker.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Tyrone Dreamer

Would be great if Tyrone were there but I'm still really looking forward to the quarter finals. Quite possibly the strongest 8 that have made it this far. Apart from the Dublin game the other 3 are hard to call. And I'm not even sure Laois won't at least give Dublin a scare. If they can stick with them in the first half anything can happen there. Dublin produced a brilliant quarter final performance last year so maybe they're aiming to peak from now.

Donegal Kerry is really interesting and could go either way and the earlier game isn't a bad one either!! Anyone who makes a weekend of it in Dublin this weekend should get decent value.